user_0ih2332's profile

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Epix working BUT???

So Epix is now working on my TV as a replacement for Starz which I understand  Comcast is dropping at the end of the year. however I have some problems. So far I only show 2 Epix channels 881 and 885. Are there others? Also right now both 881 and 885 are showing the same movie. I assume this is a mistake. Does anyone have a list of the Epix channel numbers? Will someone report that 881 and 885 are showing the same program? Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

4 years ago

I did a Google search and found a report 

https://www.fiercevideo.com/cable/comcast-replaces-starz-epix-xfinity-tv-premium-packages

Epix started today and they will add 3 more Epix channels on Dec 12th. So I guess we have to wait until then to see exactly what we get.

Contributor

• 

199 Messages

4 years ago

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

So Epix is now working on my TV as a replacement for Starz which I understand  Comcast is dropping at the end of the year. however I have some problems. So far I only show 2 Epix channels 881 and 885. Are there others? Also right now both 881 and 885 are showing the same movie. I assume this is a mistake. Does anyone have a list of the Epix channel numbers? Will someone report that 881 and 885 are showing the same program? Thanks.

I don't know where you're located; I'm in N.J. (08562) My Epix CHANNEL (one channel only) is #332, and that's all I have.  Might it be that your two channels are one in SD and one in HD?

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

4 years ago

I'm in the Boston area. Our SD channels are less than 500, HD channels are 700 and above. I think the second Epix channel will be adjusted to something like Epix2 probably tonight or soon. I believe there are going to be maybe 4 Epix channels but there is no sign of them yet. I had hoped we would have gotten an announcement email today.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@WindsurfMaui wrote:

there is SD and HD and most of library is at online find by network.

Contributor

• 

100 Messages

4 years ago

I don't agree with the changes and you remove my comment! I get it! I pay a lot of money for the service I receive from your company! I am stuck with your company one way or another because your company has a stronghold on many communities!  I don't want Epix and want all channels removed just like you remove channels without notice! I want my bill to be lowered too! Yeah, I know that will not happen!  

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

4 years ago

I'm listing this not as a complaint but just as a current status update on what is happening at this point but will hopefully be fixed shortly. This is the current status in the Boston area.

I show 5 Epix channels listed Epix 322/881/1871, Epix 323/885 (a duplicate of the 322/881), Epix2 324/1873, Epix Hits 325/1874, and Epix Drive In 328/1875.

Here are some current problems. I can't find a 3 digit HD channel for Epix2, Epix hits and Epix Drive In.

When you select to go to channel 322 it goes to channel 323 which isn't a terrible problem b/c 322 and 323 are duplicates. But it doesn't take you to the HD channel automatically as it should if you have HD always selected. But if you do select 885 it will take you there. So this needs to be fixed.

In addition yesterday if you had channels 881 and 885 marked as favorities it would show up when scrolling through your favorities but as of this morning neither 881 nor 885 will show up as a favorite even though they are marked as such.

Lastly, when scrolling through my favorities list after my highest HD favorite channel 959 then it lists the three EPiX channels 1873, 1874 and 1875 but not 1871 so if I want to see all the Epix channels in the TV guide in one place in my favorities list I have to first look at 881 and then go to 1873. They should add the 1871 in this area as well.

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

4 years ago

Comcast still hasn't addressed this issue. Who/How to I contact someone to get this fixed? I had hoped a Comcast employee would have jumped into this thread by now.

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi WindsurfMaui,  I apologize to hear about your experiences with Epix and your channel guide, but I would like to offer help to troubleshoot this further.  Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hi WindsurfMaui, I haven't heard from you but please don't hesitate to reach back out and create another post if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you 

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

4 years ago

In a different thread I complained about problems with the new Epix channels in the TV guide. But I realized that the solution may not arrive until after Jan 1 when the Starz channels will be gone and the new Epix channels can take their place in the line up. However a new problem has occurred. Channels 881 and 885 no longer show up in my "favorites" even though they are marked as such. The only way to get to these channels is to switch from favorites view to all channels view then go to 885 to select the HD version. If you click on their SD channel 323 that is what you will get even if you have go to HD version if available option selected. I hope all this gets corrected after Jan 1.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here