lm21's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Discover Plus

Will there be an extra chage on my bill for DiscoverPlus. My current plan gets all the programs mentioned in Discover plus advertising

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do I get discovery plus

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

@JDB55
Do a google search for compatible devices? X1 boxes aren’t one of them

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Channels stay, shows are moving.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Channels staying, but shows being removed. Pretty disingenuous wouldn’t you say?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

@JDB55You go to the Discovery Network's website (Google is your friend). You sign up for the plan you choose, $4.95 or $6.95 a month, which is paid directly to Discovery Network (Comcast is not involved). Note that there is a list of compatible devices for watching Discovery+, such as smartphones and tablets and PC's etc., currently not including X1. 

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

3 years ago

If so, that would be Discovery's doing, not Comcast's.  So complaining here about it won't do much good.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

It is available on Samsung Smart TV which is what I have. Get your smart remote; click source; select PC, even if TV; move down to “app”; DiscoveryPlus is the first app showing on mine. If you have not set up a Samsung account, you need to do that and then you can get to where you need to subscribe. Choose the ad free version, if you can. So nice not seeing ads. Tons of new programming not on Xfinity. Discovery was pretty smart - they are keeping their channels on Xfinity for now so they can advertise their streaming DiscoveryPlus but the “channels” are only showing 95% reruns because almost all new content is now on DiscoveryPlus and anything little thing left is being used as teasers for their new streaming service. And, if you are in an area where you can get Verizon 5G or fiber optic and you get it and subscribe to it, you get a lot of free DiscoveryPlus! It is one block away from me so I will be doing that, too. I have no need for rerun channels for the same price, which is illegal.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I want to add Discovery plus to my Xfinity account 4.99

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

It is a steaming service from Discovery. You would have to subscribe with them and use a compatible device. Comcast does not have it and has nothing to do with it. It may be in the future if they have and agreement later but nothing has been announced. There have been numerous threads about this. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

what channel is discovery plus for x finity users

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

3 years ago

Troll?

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

You won’t find it on Xfinity at all. It is a STREAMING service. Go to www.discoveryplus.com to find out how to pay for it and stream it on your Smart TV.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

They absolutely do. I have video recordings of it, Xfinity rep.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

People, take screenshots of the Guide lineup and the dates of the shows - like I have. You will see that 95% of the programming since 01.04 is now reruns. This guy is an Xfinity rep.

Contributor

• 

56 Messages

3 years ago

Zero. It is a streaming service - 4.99 or 7.99. Have you not read anything above?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here