Happiecamper's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Customers Want OAN

Half of this country and probably half of your customer base want OAN on their channel lineup! Direct TV has it! Do I have to change providers to get it? Get OAN Now!!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Do I have to change providers to get it?
________
More than likely, yes

Contributor

• 

390 Messages

3 years ago

Half the country? Not even close. The network doesn't even subscribe to the ratings service so Comcast and most other television providers cannot determine if contracting with OAN would make sense.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

3 years ago

@Happiecamper 

You demanded this in April 2020.  You said then you would go back to Direct TV if Comcast didn't add it:  "If you ignore this or cannot give me a date soon, I'm going back to Direct TV."  There isn't any date for when or if Comcast will add OANN, and it's very doubtful they ever will.  So, echoing @CCAndrew if you want OANN returning to Direct TV may be your only choice.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@Happiecamper You can watch newmax that is the same.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'd like to also be able to access OAN also.    Please comply Comcast as we are the customers

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

3 years ago

I have noticed a lot of customers on this forum asking for the OAN network.  I personally have never seen one of their broadcasts, but I get the impression that they lean to the right, politically.

I think it's a safe bet that Comcast doesn't like OAN and will never add it to their channel line up, no matter what customers say.  As CCAndrew put it, "The station’s ideals and values don’t line up with Comcast’s.  Find another source, I doubt you’ll ever see it."  So, Comcast decides what you can or can't see.  Apparently some of the smut that's shown on other channels does line up with their     "ideals and values".  They have no problem broadcasting that, citing viewers' freedom of choice.  Interestingly, I can no longer find the post with the above quote I just copied.  I'm sure some of you saw it.  It was probably deleted while I was typing.  Anyone surprised?

People who want to watch OAN will have to take their business elsewhere.  Complaining, sending requests, and threatening to leave are a waste of time.  Comcast is more concerned with its own agenda.  Forget about ideology or what you think is "fair".  Other options are available now.  Speak with your wallet.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am moving to Roku as well to receive OAN

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here