Community Forum

ACC Network

New Poster

Re: ACC Network

As another Xfinity subscriber, I too am asking that the ACC NETWORK be added to your Sports lineup. Our package currently carries the SEC NETWORK.  It only makes business sense that the ACC NETWORK be added to this lineup to satisfy those customers that are not SEC fans. 

New Poster

Casting my vote to ensure Comcast/Xfinity carries the ACC Network

New Poster

ACC Network

Will Xfinity be carrying the ACC Network in time for the Clemson/Ga Tech kickoff? I'm a Clemson fan in Florida, and if Xfinity does not carry the game I will drop my Comcast service that day. It is time for Comcast to give us an answer besides "we don't know yet", and then close our posts as "answered".
Thanks.
New Poster

Why do you not carry ACCN?

You carry the SEC Network of southern colleges for a sports netwrk. But the new ACCN Nwetwork- which is carried by FIOS and Direct for me to change to after more than a decade with Comcast. The ACC has last years national football champion- Clemson and the best basketball conference year anfter year- and many grads from schools in PA MA FLA NC and the whole east coast, and includes, Notre Dame. As a UNC-CH Grad, it is very important to me to watch these games. <edited>

New Poster

Add me to list requesting ACC Network.
Official Employee

@Ajtemple wrote:
Will Xfinity be carrying the ACC Network in time for the Clemson/Ga Tech kickoff? I'm a Clemson fan in Florida, and if Xfinity does not carry the game I will drop my Comcast service that day. It is time for Comcast to give us an answer besides "we don't know yet", and then close our posts as "answered".
Thanks.

Thanks for your interest.

This network is not scheduled to be available until August 22, 2019.

Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with ESPN (one of the owners and the distribution arm for this network) on many topics, including this network.

The Comcast programming teams and our local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. Thanks for your feedback, your passion and your patience. It has been shared with the right teams.

If/when a decision and contract is announced, we will be sure and make that information widely known in many places.

Other providers may have announced that they have a contract to start offering this programming once the channel launches (August 22, 2019). Our teams continue to negotiate.

Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

ACCN

The ACC Network starts broadcasting in August. Why hasn’t Xfinity contracted to air this yet? We want this!
New Poster

Add me to the list of people requesting ACC Network for Comcast.

New Poster

Add my name to the list of subscribers whose future with Comcast/Xfinity will be determined by whether or not they carry the ACC Network. Not having it will 100% prompt me to go elsewhere.
Regular Visitor

As a GT alum (B.S., M.S. in C.S.) you can take your sweet time negotiating with the ACC because the Clemson game is going to be an unwatchable horror show . I expect great things from Collins his recruiting is amazing but playing his first game, New staff, offense, everything, on the road at the best team in the country.... Like seriously I'm not worried in the slightest about this. Just get it done by 2020.
Official Employee

Hi there, ah1121. 

I believe since this is a part of ESPN, that you will be able to log in online, through the ESPN site. I did some reading into it and the network has not launched until next month. 

I would keep on eye out on emails and communications we might send, if it becomes an available TV channel. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I want me some ACC network. When will we know?

When will we find out if the ACC Network channel will be added to our channel lineup? Gotta get my GT Yellow Jackets fix on Saturdays this fall. Thx!

New Poster

Re: Is ACC network coming to COMCAST in August?

yup clemson grad and comcast needs to get the acc network big time....

Expert

Re: Is ACC network coming to COMCAST in August?

FWIW this thread is very similar to the one when SECN.  Right up until the last minute and voilà! there it was, ready for the season.  But, like with SECN, ACCN will be partnered with ESPN so no games should be lost for viewing. 

Hang tight!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Please consider this my customer demand to carry the ACC Network. Failure to carry it will result in my going elsewhere. I do NOT want to do that. So, please make the deal. 

New Poster

ACC NETWORK

Count me up one of those who will leave Comcast if ACC Network is not on our TVs by August 22nd when they start broadcasting
Regular Visitor

Re: ACC NETWORK

You can have the stinkin SEC Network. I need my Clemson football and UNC basketball games. This better happen or I will be subscribing to Hulu.

New Poster

ACC Network

When will Xfinity begin carrying the ACC Network?  Please tell me Xfinity will carry the ACC Network.  

New Poster

ACC Network

Is comcast going to add the ACC Network soon. Also, for those of us in the South Bend area, can we get an option to choose the ACC over the Big 10 network?

New Poster

ACC Network

I know the official answer to this, but just wanted to add my note to the chorus. If Xfinity doesn't carry the ACC Network, I will be canceling my cable service and switching to Hulu streaming.

New Poster

ACC Network

It sure would be a great sales & marketing tool for Comcast Xfiniti to pick up the ACC Network, especially right now with few others having it. Also, it’s almost football season!
Official Employee

Hello, ah1121. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out again and post to our forums. 

I hope you have a great rest of the week! 

Official Employee

Greetings, tracyfsu! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand wanted to be able to watch your favorite team. It looks like we are currently in negotiations based on the following link: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3243516#M102873 (you would want to go to the best answer). If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

ACC Network

I'm requesting that Xfinity/Comcast add the ACC network when it goes live on August 22nd, 2019.

Thanks for considering my request,

Wes

Official Employee

Greetings, AJHug! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I certainly understand wanted to be able to catch the best college teams. It looks like we are currently looking into this. For more information please see the following link: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3243516#M102873. If you have any further questions feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

I must have ACCN when it goes live in August!!

Please add it to the channel lineup ASAP!!

New Poster

ACC Network

Just wanted to let you know that if the ACC network is not available later this month before the first game of the season I will be switching to Verizon FIOS. I live closer to 6 acc schools than I do to 1 sec or big 10 school yet those channels are available. Clocks ticking...
Frequent Visitor

ACC Network

You seem to be suggesting that ACC fans be satisfied with ACC extra. Not happening. You will be solely responsible for me not being able to see BC upset Clemson. (Maybe not) Again, I pay you over 230 dollars a month. We all know what extra is. What good is the Sec to me here in an ACC area. Get the ACC network. 

I am am not happy with Comcast

New Poster

ACC NETWORK

To Whom It May Concern I am a current subscriber to Comcast. It has come to my attention your company still does not have an agreement to carry the upcoming ACC Network when it launches in August. Please know that due to the amount of FSU football games that will be carried by this channel it will be a deal breaker if you do not carry the ACC Network. DirecTV, Hulu, and Playstation Vue have already announced it will carry the ACC Network at launch. If you do not add the ACC Network by August I will end up having to cancel my service and go with a provider that does offer the channel.
Frequent Visitor

With all due respect that answer is not good enough. Decisions must be made in the next few days on the need to switch to another carrier.

New Poster

Get the ACC Network.  Haver it up soon.  I will find a way to receive ACC network.  I hope my path will be on Comcast.  

VRP  

New Poster

I also am requesting Comcast to subscribe to acc network . I will cancel my subscription to video and internet and find a company that will . Thanks
New Poster

Most of the past 40 years I have been a Comcast customer, but I may leave over this nonsense of playing around with a channel many of your customers (providers of your income) really want.

The whole East Coast is largely Atlantic Coast Conference country and many are loyal to the conference and or their schools. 

How can we the customer influence what is carried? This may cause me to have to go to just internet and stream what I want on Hulu.  230 channels of which I watch maybe 20 in a month.

ATT home phone has ~ 50MBPS over the cell tower and offers DirectTV streaming at no data count. Total cost just over 100 a month.  Xfinity inaction has got me thinking gain. 

New Poster

ACC network

When will Comcast announce it will carry the ACC Network?  ACC Network will be a game changer for me.  

New Poster

Re: ACC network

As a long time subscriber to Comcast, I am concerned  that the ACC Network starts up on August 22nd, and it appears that Comcast still hasn't signed up to carry it. This network is a "must have" for me, and I will have to switch to Hulu or PS Vue or some other provider if Comcast does not have it. I don't want to leave Comcast, as I prefer many of it's features, but I must have the ACC network. Thank you. 

New Poster

We will find another telecommunications provider if Comcast/xfinity does not make the ACC Network available. It should be included automatically in the Sports Package.

Frequent Visitor

Does Comcast even care. Your answers seem to suggest a so what attitude toward what you are doing to those of us that NEED the ACCN.

Your service is shaky at best. To hang in with you without the ACCN will make me reconsider the 230 a month you get from me.

Why not Verizon for far less money? They do not have the ACCN either but for far less dough.  I am an old technically challenged person but I am assured by people I know that they can hook me up with a streaming service that has the Accn.

New Poster

I would also like to request the ACC network be added to Xfinity

New Poster

Hi Comcast

Requesting that you don't add the ACC Network in the NY/NJ area. There's no local schools in the area and most folks are uninterested in charges for another wasted channel that few people watch resulting in even higher cable bills. 

Regular Visitor

TV OFFERINGS

I AM ONE CUSTOMER WHO WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE FOR COMCAST TO CARRY THE ACC NETWORK.   ANOTHER VOTE!!!  

New Poster

I would like to see the ACC network on Xfinity in Houston this fall.
Official Employee

Re: I must have ACCN when it goes live in August!!

Greetings, Fr4nk! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. We certainly understand the importance of being able to watch your favorite school and cheer them on. Right now, it looks like we are currently working with ACC Network at this time. If you would like more information you can find it on the following link: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/ACC-Network/m-p/3243516#M102873. Please let me know if there is anything else I could assist you with.

New Poster

Add another to the list of fans who want ACC Network. It just needs to happen!
New Poster

I am one week away from ditching Xfinity for PSVue. Get it done!

New Poster

Would love ACC Network on comcast. Its needed. 

New Poster

Re: ACC Network?? Is it coming to XFinity?

Hi. I want the ACCN to be available. I will cancel my cable if it's not. I am a BC grad and want to follow my alma mater.

Highlighted
Administrator

All,

As mentioned by ComcastTeds in this thread's marked Best Answer, the ACC Network is not scheduled to be available until August 22, 2019

"Our content and programming teams are in regular contact with ESPN (one of the owners and the distribution arm for this network) on many topics, including this network.

The Comcast programming teams and our local management teams constantly evaluate programming choices and make decisions based on customer interests, costs, channel bandwidth management and contractual obligations.

As with any network contract, we want to come to an agreement that offers the best terms for our customers and our company that keeps both our costs and our customer's monthly costs to a minimum.

Situations may change based on customer demand, channel bandwidth opportunities, business opportunities, costs and contractual obligations. Thanks for your feedback, your passion and your patience. It has been shared with the right teams.

If/when a decision and contract is announced, we will be sure and make that information widely known in many places.

Other providers may have announced that they have a contract to start offering this programming once the channel launches (August 22, 2019). Our teams continue to negotiate.

Thanks for your patience."

New Poster

I am a Hokie, and want to see that first game with BC! 😉
New Poster

Hokies & Hoos agree: bring us ACCN!

It may not be often that Hokies & Hoos are aligned—
Xfinity, we all want the ACC network!
New Poster

I have been a 30 + years subscriber with Comcast, but if Comcast does not pick up the ACC network, I will have to drop and move over to Fios, who has picked this up