MurrSumm's profile

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Monday, September 14th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Streaming sound to hearing aids

I have an X1 cable box that is connected to my TV through an HDMI cable. I'd also like to stream that sound to my hearing aids, but I cannot get any audio feed through the Audio out mini jacks on the back. Is this not the correct way to get that audio feed to my hearing aid streamer?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MurrSumm wrote:

I have an X1 cable box that is connected to my TV through an HDMI cable. I'd also like to stream that sound to my hearing aids, but I cannot get any audio feed through the Audio out mini jacks on the back. Is this not the correct way to get that audio feed to my hearing aid streamer?

do your aids have blue tooth and volume control of blue tooth received signals? there are set top boxes now with bluetooth connectivity.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@MurrSumm wrote:

do your aids have blue tooth and volume control of blue tooth received signals? there are set top boxes now with bluetooth connectivity.

They are not standard bluetooth, and can only accept streaming audio from their proprietary feed. But all I need to drive that prop. feed is standard audio out. Why am I not getting that from the audio out mini jacks on the back of the X1?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

And let me clarify that if I plug a standard set of earbuds (like Apple's) into either channel of the audio out jacks, I get no sound.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MurrSumm wrote:

And let me clarify that if I plug a standard set of earbuds (like Apple's) into either channel of the audio out jacks, I get no sound.

let's start with what service you have. do you have X1 set top box(es) in your home? if so go to the one you are using/needing audio output and use the voice remote command 'about'. what is the rest of the line to the right of "STB Version.."?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MurrSumm wrote:

It sez - PX013AN_4.2p12s1_PROD_sey

ok, that is an X1 3rd generation DVR. for your device exactly what kind of connection does the 'blue tooth streamer' to your aids connect? is it RCA? amplified? line out? have you considered looking on back of the TV to see if there are some audio connectors?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Also remember that the ear buds don't pick up sound from those outputs either.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Line out works for the streamer. And the back of the TV is not easily accessible. My original hope was to use the audio jacks on the back of the X1.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

It sez - PX013AN_4.2p12s1_PROD_sey

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MurrSumm wrote:

Line out works for the streamer. And the back of the TV is not easily accessible. My original hope was to use the audio jacks on the back of the X1.

a call to a local hearing aid company said you should try the bluetooth in the next model (same price) of X1 DVR and see if the blue tooth link in the box does what you need for free. it is 'line out' bluetooth and your device must have the ability to take that and let you adjust the volume. there is no extra charge for that set top box but do note there is no clock on the front (saves energy).

if you wish to keep the old technology, you will need a break out box set to L/R audio (not 5.1 audio). your set top box would go 'into' the breakout box and the HDMI goes out to the TV and the L/R red/white connectors connect 'line out' to your current blue tooth device. read through that item's information before ordering. 

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B00XJITK7E/2/ref=ask_dp_iaw_ql_hza?isAnswered=true#question-Tx1ITOW7N8TNF4H 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MurrSumm wrote:

Also remember that the ear buds don't pick up sound from those outputs either.

correct ear buds would not let you adjust the volume from the x1 version 4 DVR. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 years ago

Hearing Aid manufacturer (Starkey) tells me that they will only pair with devices that have MFI compliant bluetooth, so I'm not sure that they would work with the X1 4, but if I wanted to try, would I just take my device to the nearest Comcast office and exchange it?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@MurrSumm wrote:

Hearing Aid manufacturer (Starkey) tells me that they will only pair with devices that have MFI compliant bluetooth, so I'm not sure that they would work with the X1 4, but if I wanted to try, would I just take my device to the nearest Comcast office and exchange it?

yes if they have one.  Don't delete your recordings as the cloud copies will still be available unless you do delete recordings.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here