Claire81's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 8th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Closed Captioning on the Hallmark channel isn't being broadcast on xfinity

Why hasn't xfinity taken care of the Closed Captioning problem on the Hallmark Channel? It's been days for us and months for some others.. We are paying a fortune for your services. If we don't pay our bills, you turn off our service, but we lose our captioning on a channel and we're being ignored. It IS  NOT my TV. Captioning works on every channel I watch, but not the Hallmark channel since last week... Will you please take care of this problem and answer our questions. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

All - Apologies for the issue and the experience that you have described here with closed captioning on Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel.

We have an open ticket on this and our engineering team is investigating. They will work directly with Hallmark on this if needed.  FWIW, the current issue does not appear to be specific to Comcast.

As we receive any updates, we will post them here. Thanks for your patience.

Marking this post as the Best Answer  for now so that our customers can locate this update quickly in this thread.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having the same problem.    Does anyone know if or when Xfinity will resolve it?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am also having this problem. We had our router replaced a couple of days ago and the tech repositioned some cables. All of the other channels work except Hallmark.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@nener wrote:

I'm having the same problem.    Does anyone know if or when Xfinity will resolve it?

an example? was this live or on-demand or a recording? on an X1 set top box? on a msart device or desk/laptop?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

My 94-year-old almost deaf mother who lives with us and watches Hallmark channel 57 on her TV can’t get Closed Caption.  This is only on the hallmark channel; all other CC channels work fine. (Her favorite channel, of course.) Went through all the trouble shooting rigmarole, swapping TVs, replacing the small second TV box, only to find out its no longer supported through that $6 box.  I’ll need to Upgrade to the $9 voice cable box to get Hallmark with Closed Caption. Not that an additional $36 is going to bankrupt us it’s just all the changes, all the nickel and dime and BS that’s making us want to cut the Cable Cord and try something else.  

P.S.  Could be Hallmark channel not supporting CC. Her TV works on the $9 voice remote box because it has CC built into it and the smaller $6 box does not.  The odd part, everything was working fine three days ago.  I have a ticket in with Comcast.  They say, nothing else they can do on their end and will contact Hallmark (yah right…).  I called Hallmark, waited 20 minutes for their associate who could help me, only to finally get a recording saying they can’t help now, leave; name, number, brief explanation. Still waiting for THAT call back.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@JDcableUSER wrote:

My 94-year-old almost deaf mother who lives with us and watches Hallmark channel 57 on her TV can’t get Closed Caption.  This is only on the hallmark channel; all other CC channels work fine. (Her favorite channel, of course.) Went through all the trouble shooting rigmarole, swapping TVs, replacing the small second TV box, only to find out its no longer supported through that $6 box.  I’ll need to Upgrade to the $9 voice cable box to get Hallmark with Closed Caption. Not that an additional $36 is going to bankrupt us it’s just all the changes, all the nickel and dime and BS that’s making us want to cut the Cable Cord and try something else.  

P.S.  Could be Hallmark channel not supporting CC. Her TV works on the $9 voice remote box because it has CC built into it and the smaller $6 box does not.  The odd part, everything was working fine three days ago.  I have a ticket in with Comcast.  They say, nothing else they can do on their end and will contact Hallmark (yah right…).  I called Hallmark, waited 20 minutes for their associate who could help me, only to finally get a recording saying they can’t help now, leave; name, number, brief explanation. Still waiting for THAT call back.

play the same program on a smart phone/tablet and see if it has captions. the closed captions may be a 'side car' and not recognized by the x1 set top box.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

And as far as your suggestion to"play the same program on a smart phone/tablet and see if it has captions. the closed captions may be a 'side car' and not recognized by the x1 set top box"

It works on our main cable box with voice control.  Evidently that box has additional CC hardware or software to display the CC.  It just dident work on the small box thats connected to the second TV.  Thats all moot as Hallmark is the problem.  Thanks anyway.  CD

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

This was working 3 days ago.  I contacted Hallmark and got this reply:

heresia M. (Hallmark Channel)

Aug 13, 2020, 3:19 PM PDT

Hi Curt,

Thank you for contacting Crown Media Family Networks, home of the Hallmark Channel! Unfortunately, there is an outage with the captioning system, our team is working diligently to resolved ASAP. Thank you for your patience in this matter and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Theresia M. | Viewer Services Advocate

So, its not comcast, they have no clue it's Hallmark.  Ill just wait until Hallmark fixes the problem

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@JDcableUSER wrote:

And as far as your suggestion to"play the same program on a smart phone/tablet and see if it has captions. the closed captions may be a 'side car' and not recognized by the x1 set top box"

It works on our main cable box with voice control.  Evidently that box has additional CC hardware or software to display the CC.  It just dident work on the small box thats connected to the second TV.  Thats all moot as Hallmark is the problem.  Thanks anyway.  CD

there are 2 digital caption systems and one called sidecar that basiclly is embedded in some video streams (the sidecar) and is always there. when the 'broadcaster' uses just the sidecar it can cause these problems. for whatever reason smart devices and roku generally that are IP streams seem to play it fine whereas the cable TV non IPTV channels seem to corrupt the sidebar. the 'fixed' (usually on-demand of new programs) files usually work.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Great, but how does this apply to my circumstances? Hallmake has admitted to NOT transmitting the CC due to technical difficulties.  I can get the CC with the other voice cable box, as you stated but I flat out REFUSE to give comcast any more money.  The CC was working prior to the Hallmark outage

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Moms happy... Geting Sound and CC on the Halmark channel.  Thanks Halmark for fixing the problem

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We cannot get closed captioning on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel.  We have the CC Option ON in settings.  We’ve had it before, but for the last few weeks, do not have it.  The closed captioning works on the regular Hallmark channel, but not Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

4 years ago

CC works for me on HMM here in South Central PA. Where are you located?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My Mom is having the same problem in Bedford, IN. My sister was on the phone with Comcast for over an hour. The CC came back on. They checked the second TV. It was working. They got off the phone and the CC went away immediately. The next call to Comcast had a 90 minute wait. This is not a satisfactory solution.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We are in Quincy, Illinois

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here