U

5 Messages

Thursday, May 16th, 2024 11:58 PM

Closed

Outages being reported CONSTANTLY…

For the last month, my Xfinity internet service has REPEATEDLY been dropping, and outages of over 100 people have been getting reported on Xfinity’s website.

It was every day for 10-14 days, then stopped for about a week, and now it’s back to every other day. I contact tech support, and they do the “reset your modem” dance, but inevitably reach the end of their binder of answers. I’ve had two techs out, one told me I needed a new modem, didn’t fix the problem.

But inevitably, a little while after I notice problems, I check Status Center and see there is an outage in my area due to “Network Damage”, affecting 100-500 people. It gets fixed…then in a day or two, it’s dropping me again,and another “Network Damage” outage affecting 100s of people.

Is there a local or regional rep I can speak to who can explain to me why this service I pay for is suddenly the victim of repeated outages every day/every other day due to “network damage”?? I haven’t had issues in years with service, and now I don’t know if this is a coordinated terrorist attacking on the network, the squirrels have declared war on the wires, or what is causing repeated failures. I had more than one person at Xfinity tell me that their techs are just unplugging people in the middle of the day to do network upgrades. My wife and I both use the Internet for work, we are losing money when this happens.

Can anyone recommend next steps for obtaining more information on why Comcast can’t go more than 48 hours without an area outage for the last month??

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

4 months ago

Recommended next step?… [Edited: "Solicitation"] Internet is inexpensive and extremely reliable.

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

There is no fiber in my area, at least yet...it's rural.

Still...there have been so many "outages" over the last month that we are evaluating other options.

2 Messages

You are not alone. If I had any other ISP the provided the speeds I need to do my job (which I cant effectivly do becuase I too am in an outage) I would move to them
Consistent outages for 2 months. At least 12 times the last 2 months.
"We’re aware that you may be experiencing a service interruption and are working to resolve the issue by approximately 06/14/2024 04:30 PM (Pacific). We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience."
About to make a complaint to the BBB to make this go to the top.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Same here man. Ever since may first when they came to install the 10gb internet upgrades. This needs fixed right now I can’t keep losing money with this [Edited: "Language"]. I play nba 2k for money and keep lagging out spiking and full on internet dropping multiple times a day and night. Please fix this Xfinity. @Xfinity Support 

(edited)

5 Messages

4 months ago

Happening again today. Over 100 people out. "Network Damage !"

Same thing happened yesterday. "Network Damage !"

And on Tuesday. (that I saw)

Who keeps "damaging" the network?? This happened like ten days in a row back in late March! Is it really "damage", or are they just saying "damage" because it's forgivable? After the 15th-20th time in the last 30-45 days, I'm getting suspicious. Especially when I had at least TWO Xfinity employees casually suggest that the outages were because "they're upgrading the network".

I work in I.T. - and if I unplugged paying customers in the middle of the day without notice to do a "network upgrade", it would be the LAST network I ever upgraded.

I want to know why Xfinity can't go more than 60% of the last 30 days without an "Outage" due to "Network Damage !". I pay enough...I deserve to know.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I can tell you it was directly after they came and added the infrastructure for their 10gb internet. Literally may 1st I started non stop disconnecting high fluctuations in speeds and like I said entire disconnects. This needs to stop and be fixed immediately 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @Andybars

Once you've checked the status center you can sign up to receive an automated text message once the issue clears up. You'll also receive a text if the technicians update the expected resolution time. You can request an adjustment for an interruption by visiting https://comca.st/3SbYB8I, scroll to the bottom where it says, "Tips in case of an outage" and you should see a blue hyperlink that says "Check eligibility" a form will launch for you to fill out and provide details about the interruption/ dates. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

With all due respect...this kind of response is not helpful.

1) I can see from the Status Center when the outages are expected to end. I can also use the automated prompts to get a text when the current outage is over. What I would like to know is when I should expect service to not be interrupted. Again, I understand that lines come down in rural areas sometimes...but a whole week of repeated "Network Damage!" outages is something else. As of right now, we are regarding our Xfinity internet service as unreliable, due to the unacceptable frequency of outages. This is obviously due to SOMETHING. I want to know when that SOMETHING will be addressed and I can go back to not anticipating and planning for daily service outages.

2) I am not posting this to shake Xfinity down for an "adjustment". You can keep your $20 credit. We are losing hundreds or even thousands of dollars from these outages, and I've been forced to set up a backup ISP to take over during them, which is also costing me time and money. I don't want Xfinity to pay for my lunch at Chik-Fil-A. I want my Internet to work.

I understand that this is the limit of the training Xfinity gives you to deal with customer problems, and I appreciate you making an attempt. Do not take any of my responses as personal disparagement.

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

@user_ycdyaa, I can appreciate you being upset about multiple service interruptions. Absolutely understandable and warranted. However, to be clear, it is not a training issue. The information we are able to provide is essentially the exact same as you are able to access from a customer standpoint. That is the point we were trying to get across. We can absolutely double-check to see if there is anything additional we can find out, but I want to be up front on what information we see on our end. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address to get started. Thanks! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

4 months ago

Things do happen...I certainly understand that. I just drove by some downed lines a few moments ago. I live in the woods, trees fall. But THIS many days in a short stretch having "network damage"...never seen that one.

I would call customer support, but that gets me one of two things:

* The "customer service rep", who is in a call-center in another state (possibly another country), who checks my modem, sends a signal to my modem, resets my modem, and schedules the "other guy"

* The other guy, the "service tech", who comes in my house, replaces all of my coax terminations, and tells me he put in an up-line ticket, but he has no idea if the line techs ever see or do anything with it.

If Xfinity just contacted me and explained, "Hey, we have issue abc, we're fixing it, it's gonna be xxx days until your service is reliable again"...I could work with that. Even if they ARE pulling cable out mid-day to "upgrade"...just hear my concerns and give me an ETA...2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month?? Give me a heads-up that it's coming and I'll cuss some, and then work around it until you're done.

I just would like to talk to someone who actually works in this STATE, who MIGHT have enough of an idea of what's going on to tell me something other than,"we're sending the magic signal to your modem, here's a $nn credit", only to have this happen again tomorow.

My biggest complaint about Xfinity customer service is that, best I can see, they still demonstrate a "cable mentality" when it comes to these services.

Service is down? Go do something outside, come back later. Still down? Oh well, we'll have someone out there...Tuesday?? Not good enough? Here's some free HBO.

Even their marketing of Internet seems oriented around things like "streaming" and "gaming", like the idea that Internet is critical communications and not entertainment is a foreign concept to them. Since COVID a lot of people's livelihoods rely on these broadband services. When you add in the VOIP and cell services, people's LIVES could depend on them.

5 Messages

4 months ago

At risk of jinxing it...so far this week, our Internet service APPEARS to be stable. We did experience a disconnect from a critical service yesterday, but I suspect that was not an Xfinity issue.

It's worth noting that I mentioned my situation to two of my colleagues who live in the same county, and both of them immediately chimed in with similar issues...so whatever it was, wasn't just localized "squirrel chew"...it was pervasive in this area. I suspect AndyBars is right about it being SOMEHOW related to the 10G upgrades.

I suppose we won't know exactly what went wrong or what was fixed...but I'm cautiously optimistic that this issue at least has been dealt with for now.

1 Message

4 months ago

Live in Chicago our service has been terrible the entire month. Just got off the phone with Xfinity and they said I have to call back once the outage is fixed. I also work from home and am losing money every time this happens. We just want reliable service. The technician said the infrastructure is being repaired. We need it to just be fixed or don’t promise to provide a service that you can’t fulfill. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Wanted to bump this thread with my own complaints. These outages have been going on where I live (Miami) for the past three or so months.

Last week it happened twice.

Once late at night when I was working. The person I communicated with told me that they were probably performing "system maintenance" at that time because there's less internet usage, yet the same thing happened the next day in the morning going into the afternoon. 

They won't tell me what is really going on, except for these canned answers. Why is that?!

1 Message

3 months ago

This has been happening to me too. I live in MA & my Internet goes out about 3 times a week at least for "system maintenance" or "damage" or some other lame excuse. Then when I request to get a text notification, I don't even receive that until about 6-7 hours after my service is back on so that's useless. I am currently disabled due to having Stage 4 Lung Cancer so I am home all the time and rely on my streaming services to get me through the day. Also I need the wifi for my phone to work correctly. So when I lose service I am completely out of touch with everything & just literally sitting here doing absolutely nothing for hours on end multiple times per week and have no clue why? This has been going on for months now. My town has no other option for Internet service or I would've switched already. We don't need the measly little credit, we want the reliable service we pay for!!! SMH 

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_bfc1l2! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our team of experts on Forums. I apologize that you have had reoccurring service issues, and I'll be happy to look further into this to see why. When you sign up to receive text alerts, you will only receive an alert once the issue is completely resolved. In some cases, your services may be working prior to our engineers completing work in the field, which is why you are not receiving a notification right away, but we want to make sure the issue is fully resolved before notifying you. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. When you have lost service previously, have all of the issues been mentioned on the xfinity.com website, or xfinity app? 

3 Messages

3 months ago

It would appear that this is an internet pandemic. It's happening all over. I'm in Michigan and starting about a month ago I've got the worst stability / latency.

Everything stated here echoes my thoughts and feelings. I really do hope this is figured out.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Sporadically over the last week, my Internet drops. I either have to wait about 15 minutes and it may come back or I have to reset everything. The useless virtual assistant runs checks and tells me there are no service area issues. Really? Obviously I can only use the assistant when I do have connectivity. I looked for a phone number to support for this issue and none can be found. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

hcard Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I am sorry for the frustration you have experienced with your internet and would be happy to troubleshoot your connection with you. Are you using our Xfinity Gateway that has a built-in router, or are you using your own Modem router combo? 

8 Messages

3 months ago

Same problems in the Alpharetta, GA area where I live.  I get a drop of service for 3-5 minutes about every 3-6 hours.  Been going on now for 3-4 weeks.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Getting a drop in service every hour or 2 for about 10-15 minutes receiving same song and dance of "reset your modem" like I don't know how to unplug it

I can't imagine dropping what I do for work but when there's no other choice. Terrible service

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_ycdyaa Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. As someone who works from home, I completely understand the need for a strong internet connection, and I'm truly sorry this hasn't been your experience. I’d be happy to look into this connection issue with you and see what we can do to get it resolved. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

3 months ago

Similar problem in Vancouver, WA since 6/5/24 internet drops completely in the middle of the day and is out for several hours. The outage map so far has shown no outages in my area when I check, but about half of the time after I report it I do get a text "We fixed the issue impacting Xfinity Internet in your area." a couple of hours after it is restored

The other half of the time I get this text, "We didn't find an outage associated with your Xfinity service. Still having trouble? Chat with Xfinity:
1 - Chat with Xfinity", but the chat rep doesn't find anything and recommends making a service appointment and/or replacing my modem. I've canceled 3 service appoints so far, because the internet has always been up a couple hours before the appointed time.

3 Messages

My service in the Philadelphia market is down again. Complete outage in my zipcode of 19087, 6/12/24. Important calls and business to conduct and can't even log into my account with 2 step Verifying. That doesn't work because their system can't send a code via text. that is not functioning as well. This isn't the first time. Could also care less about a credit. Please confirm what is going on. Preparing to close my account over this. 

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue here in Sonoma county in Northern California. Myself and my neighbors have had several outages for several hours a day over the past 3 to 4 months. It impacts my ability to work my remote job. I called into Xfinity and talked to a representative to see #1 why this is happening and #2 when they can expect that it will stop happening. That I have been patient for several months and yet it keeps happening. Service was fine prior to that and now all of a sudden these constant outages. Of course all of the rep could do was tell me that they are doing repairs and that it will be fixed and I said well that's a given but I'm trying to find out what the issue is and when will this be resolved for good because these constant outages are not working for me. Could not give me an answer to that and just gave the canned response. So my only option is to look for another service and complain on here and get some release from my pent up frustration. I tried out Starlink for a month and it was reliable with very fast speeds but gosh the cost. But I may have to do it. Frustrating that Comcast won't be honest about what is happening. I guess they feel they will lose customers but they're going to lose them anyway. Better to be honest. Probably the higher ups are not telling the customer service people and I'm sure it must be frustrating for them too. Oy vey.

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

I've run pingplotter tests and I can pinpoint the exact IP address I experience packet loss with. They keep telling me a technician will be able to fix it at my house. How? If the packet loss is happening at a server a hundred miles away coming to my house will do nothing 

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

Xantoszz12 Hello, are you still experiencing service issues?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_doho9p, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I know it can be difficult when your service is not working as it should. If you would like us to take a closer look at things, let us know. We would be happy to assist you. 

3 months ago

I am in SLC, Utah and started experiencing this issue from yesterday. I downgraded my plan from 800mbps to 300mbps last month. I started experiencing outage yesterday only and said it will be restored by 11PM MST, then I recieved another text by today morning 6AM that service is restored. But again at 10AM service dropped and when contacted customer service, the automated voice said there still an outage and it will be restored by 11:45AM. No way to connect to anyone from Xfinity. Now it shows there is an outage but doesn't show when it will be fixed.

Seeing these comments, it feels like this is more of a frequent thing. I should rather switch to Google Fiber so that I don't have such issues and constant back and forth with Xfinity!

1 Message

I live in New Hampshire this is happening to me as well. I work from home and this is frustrating today it happened again 6/18/24 and it happened last week while I was in a meeting. I pay a lot for internet this is unacceptable. 

1 Message

Every day the same thing, drop signal.

When you going to fix your [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here