burns603's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 1:35 PM

Closed

Correct WiFi password not being recognized?

We have been unable to connect to wifi and every time we try to reconnect it says our password is incorrect. No one has changed the password, I can see that on our account it is the same. We have restarted the gateway, we unplugged it for a few minutes, we tried using the original password on the bottom of the gateway, and we tried changing the WiFi password. All of these provided a temporary fix (about 5 minutes) before we were kicked off again. Any thoughts or is this just another example of xfinity testing my sanity.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

**Update 09/16/2021 @ 2:59 PM ET**

All,

We have received confirmation that this issue should now be resolved. If you have xFi Pods and are still experiencing any connection issues, we ask that you please restart the Pods by unplugging them and plugging them back in. Additionally, you can try restarting them in the Xfinity App or in My Account. Since this is not related to the modem, restarting the modem is unnecessary to resolve this. If you do not have xFi Pods and continue to experience this issue, please reply to this thread so we can escalate as needed.

Thank you all for your help identifying this issue.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just got my xfi pod and when I connected it to my gateway and try to use my WiFi next to it, it knocks me off the network and says my password is incorrect or authentication failed. When I’m near the gateway or if I unplug the xfi pod, I can reconnect.

I've already reset and unplugged both gateway and xfi pod. And hard reset then gateway and removed and re-added the xfi pod.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a solution?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Can’t connect to xfi pod, keeps saying “Incorrect Password”

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear about the xFi Pods not connecting or staying connected for a longer period of time. When you do try to reconnect without resetting, do you get any error messages?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

You're reply doesn't address the problem. I'm having the same issue. All of a sudden when a device tries to connect to my network through an xfi pod I get a message that says the network password is incorrect and the devise cannot connect. If the same device connects through the gateway it connects just fine. This started last week with my Gen 1 pods which had been working fine for over a year. Today I upgraded my modem and purchased a new Gen 2 pod. The Gen 2 Pod is doing the same thing - anytime a devise tries to connect through the pod it can't and I get the message network password incorrect. I should point out that before I installed the new Gen 2 pod, I removed all the Gen 1 pods from the network via the xfi app. This issue is very frustrating!

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Any update on this. I'm having the save issue today after the router rebooted and the pods came back up.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same issue here, no problem connecting to the main gateway, but when I’m in a room with an XFi pod, I get the ‘incorrect password’ error. Password is correct, resetting gateway, pods, etc doesn’t help, changing password doesn’t help (other than wasting time having to update every device in the house with the new PW. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I am also getting the same issue today, first time in over a year this has happened, very frustrating as I cannot work in my office

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Internet had been working perfectly since moving into new home couple weeks ago.  We woke up this morning with issues on iphones, ipads, etc.  We "forgot network" and tried reconnecting but everything is saying incorrect password.  Reset the password through the Xfinity iOS app, still getting the same error.  Tried on our televisions, still saying incorrect password even though we've double and triple checked that we are entering the password that is shown on the iOS app.  Restarted the Gateway, still same issues when trying the new and old passwords.  Anyone have any solutions?  Were we hacked?  Did the Gateway [Edited: "Language"] out?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Devices all saying incorrect password

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I see that we had a known issue a few days ago and I cannot apologize enough for the inconvenience. I wanted to check in and make sure that you were able to finally connect to your internet and haven't had any further issues. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the exact same issue.  I mean exactly.  I tried changing the password and it works for a few minutes then it stops recognizing it.  All plugged in connections are working fine. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same exact thing here! Tried restarting modem, turning off phone. Works for a few minutes then goes back to xfinitywifi which is pretty much garbage. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

From other posts on here it seems to be a pod issue.  Unplug all of your pods and it should connect.  The signal won't be strong but it will connect.  I guess we have to wait for a update from Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@sshort506 thank you! This did the trick for me. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

thanks! It worked for me too. I'm not happy at how warm those pods were either! Plus, I'm not sure how much they actually helped. I'm still trying to figure out why WiFi connectivity worked for years without issue than got worse right as they were able to offer pods and then six months later they also had issues when, lo and behold, they told us we needed more pods at twice the cost. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@sshort506 

tried this too and didn’t work. Rebooted as well but didn’t work.  Did you do anything different like unplug the unit etc?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

I just unplugged the pods and after a few minutes I was able to connect to the main router.  It's signal is not great but fast enough for basic internet.  I did reboot the router/modem several times but I think that was before unplugging.  Plugging them back in at least doesn't give me the incorrect password message now, but I still can't connect to the pods. 

I was in contact with support and they did not know of the issue and arranged for a callback from a higher tech support.  Well it came as a recorded response saying the issue has been resolved.  No it hasn't .  I'll just give it some time to see if they push an update for the pods. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@sshort506 Hey there! This was a known issue this week. So sorry about that. Wanted to see if the pods still have the connection issues.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This happens every so often -- the pods lose their connection to the gateway.  I follow all the instructions for troubleshooting. Nothing works.  The gateway is working fine, but the pods just won't connect.  

98% of the time, I'm really happy with my home wifi set up. It's reliable. But when it stops working for no apparent reason, I want to scream. 

For what reason would pods just suddenly lose the ability to connect? And, then, why do they ultimately reconnect, sometimes hours or days later? I just makes no sense, and please please please don't ask me if I've unplugged the pods and rebooted the gateway ... because yes, of course. I'm not an idiot and I can read the help forums and follow instructions. I just want to know why this happens for no reason. Tell me.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Why are my xfinity pods offline?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Me too.  I have discovered that my iPad and iPhone will happily connect if I'm in the same room with my Xfinity modem/router...not otherwise.   

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I have 6 xfi pods. In the middle of the night, they all stopped working and now i cannot reconnect them. The home internet is working fine. i'm on the network right now on my computer. My phones are connected. The xfi pods will not connect. I have tried to remove the pods and reconnect them/set them up again - but it will not connect. Keeps saying 'try again' PLEASE HELP

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled xfi pods

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

similar issue - the pods are showing as online but aren't connecting/interfering with connection.  I had to unplug them to be able to access the wifi.  Not happy.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@teri_massingill
I spoke with tech support this morning and got no help. Is anyone at Xfinity able to help us?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@user_84e608 

I only heard about it by coming here, I called and was told that there was a tech in my area and I might experience 'issues'.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

oh that's comforting lol

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here