U

Thursday, March 28th, 2024 2:14 AM

[CM3000] Unable to reach 200Mbps upload speeds after mid-split upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the Gigabit x2 plan, which offers 2Gbps download and 200Mbps upload speeds. I'm using a CM3000 modem but am only achieving approximately 90Mbps upload speeds. I've noticed that no OFDMA channels are locked on the modem, a common issue reported by other users. Despite several attempts to resolve this through Xfinity support via chat and phone calls, where they assured me my connection is fine, the issue persists. A technician who visited today achieved 400Mbps upload speeds using a testing device connected to the coax tap, but when connected to my modem, the speed dropped to 90-100Mbps. This discrepancy leads me to believe there might be a configuration issue with my modem. Additionally, I contacted the NetGear support team, who informed me that OFDMA settings adjustments are beyond their control and must be handled by the internet provider.

My issue seems very similar to this one:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/coda56-unable-to-reach-200mbps-upload-speeds-after-midsplit-upgrade/65a2b3798f01ac51ddb93b7d

Has anyone observed this issue or can someone at Xfinity please check the OFDMA settings on my account?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

6 months ago

I would like to provide an update regarding this issue. It appears to be related to the firmware of the CM3000. I conducted tests on the Hitron CODA56 and the Arris SURFboard G54, and both consistently delivered download speeds exceeding 2.2 Gbps and upload speeds over 230 Mbps.

A shout-out to the Xfinity support team (including the onsite technician) for collaborating with me over approximately a week to pinpoint the firmware as the root cause. For the time being, I'll retain the CM3000 as my backup modem and test it with newer firmware versions in the future. Hopefully, this experience will be beneficial to others.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

user_xt4hpm We want to thank you for reaching out on our Xfinity Forum platform for support with your concern. We are glad we were able to resolve your issue! Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 months ago

Hello user_xt4hpm thank you so much for using our Forums to write our Xfinity Support Team. We are happy to work together to help with those upload speeds and to make sure you are getting the best experiance. In order to get started can you send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

Thank you, I've just PM Xfinity Support Team.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here