willchen's profile

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

Saturday, January 13th, 2024 3:59 PM

Closed

[CODA56] Unable to reach 200Mbps upload speeds after mid-split upgrade

Hi - I'm having trouble getting the full 200Mbps upload after receiving the mid-split upgrades in my neighborhood at the end of September. I have Gigabit Extra (1.2Gbps down/200Mbps up, 35mbps before the upgrade).

Right now I have a CODA56 modem and am seeing speeds of ~90Mbps. Only the DOCSIS 3.0 channels are bonded in the modem page; no OFDMA channels are locked, so it suggests the extra capacity isn't there. I've attached the upstream signal levels (FWIW downstream are 0-2 dBmV, 40-41 dB SNR, OFDM downstream is -5.7 dBmV).

A tech just came today and confirmed that the signal/wiring looks good and that he was able to get 240 up on his testing device plugged into the same coax tap, but connected to my modem he only saw 90-100 up (and 950 down - the device doesn't support 2.5G ethernet, but just want to be clear that it isn't the ethernet stuck at 100). In addition, he saw that the CODA56 seemed to be sending the OFDMA signal on his (CMTS) end - there was a channel showing.

Right now my only guess is that it is a config issue in the CODA56 end. I've tried to reset it several times, but it still can't seem to lock. Has anyone observed this before / can someone at Comcast check the CMTS and configuration on my account?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

6 months ago

Update - just got it fixed after escalation (well, several calls - roughly every 1-2 weeks since I last posted) to engineering.

Essentially, they did a complete reset of the account (I think either from removing the modem, or removing the plan and adding it back in?) and now I see the OFDMA lock and full (240Mbps) speed. Closing this out!

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

Thanks for the latest update ! Glad you got it squared away ! Now closing your marked "Solved" topic.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

8 months ago

@willchen Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@XfinityJoe​ Sent a DM, thanks.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

8 months ago

@willchen @XfinityJoe 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

@EG Thanks. So far not much luck - we've run through the basic checks (reset from Xfinity end for example) and it still isn't able to lock the OFDMA channel.

Contributor

• 

34 Messages

update - backend ticket was created / escalated...

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

8 months ago

Thanks for the update. Best of luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here