N

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, August 8th, 2023 12:35 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream STILL doesn't work for Chrome browser

It's been years - how is this still an issue? Xfinity Stream won't work for the most preferred browser in the world, Google Chrome. Yes, I've cleared cache and cookies, verified Chrome is up to date, restarted my computer, tried a different computer, been to a different location with a different modem and router, checked my internet speed, and every other irrelevant asinine task that anyone who grew up in the 90's or later knows won't actually solve the problem. Over the phone, Xfinity says "we are aware it doesn't work with Chrome but don't have a solution yet." That was over a year ago. Seriously?

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @NikeAdam9 I checked our know issues, and I am not currently showing any issues reported for the Xfinity Stream app on Google Chrome. Can you please go into more detail on what happens when you try to use the Stream app? If possible, can you share a screenshot of any errors you see?

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ lol okay. Just to clarify the language we're using here, I'm attempting to watch xfinity.com/stream via the Google Chrome browser on a computer. When I do, it shows the Xfinity logo and the 3 dots perpetually loading and that's it. It's been like this for years.

As far as it not being a current issue: If you type in "xfinity stream " to Google, one of the first autocompletion results is "xfinity stream not working on chrome".
If you type in "xfinity stream doe" then the second autocompletion result is "xfinity stream doesn't work on chrome."

Here's a forum post from 2022 about the issue: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/xfinity-stream-not-working-in-chrome-tvapp00170/62392ec761f4493d7afd80ca?commentId=62676680ee0ef23e526298a3

Here's a forum post from 2023 about the issue: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/when-is-xfinity-going-to-fix-streaming-in-the-chrome-browser/63d14093d9aa6753d37a9bef

Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like.

Recently to get around it, my wife and I used Microsoft Edge. The resolution was so bad on a 1080p laptop screen that we couldn't even read the Jeopardy questions. Pretty unreal in 2023.

In case you ask about internet speed, here is my speed test result I just took while writing this post: https://www.speedtest.net/result/15103800580. In case you can't go to the link, it's Ping: 12ms / Download: 527.54 Mbps / Upload: 23.34 Mbps. I get over 300 Mbps wirelessly as well because my personal router is awesome.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for sharing those details. Are you seeing the 3 loading dots as soon as you navigate to the website, or does it happen after you log in and try to select a program to view?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

I am seeing the three dots as soon as I navigate to the website. No other option is available to me at any point in time.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for all of these details, @NikeAdam9. We will get to the bottom of this issue! I just tested the Stream website using Chrome. It loaded, allowed me to login, and view programming. I know you have tried quite a few steps already. Have you attempted to access the Stream website while in incognito mode? That checks for browser settings that may be blocking the website from loading. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityRay​ The page will load when using incognito mode. What does that mean for diagnosing the root cause?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Make sure you don't have an ad blocker running.  I disabled my ad blocker and streaming worked fine.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Turning off ad blockers did nothing for me.

1 Message

I had to add an exception in my add blocker for https://www.xfinity.com/stream/. As soon as I did the site worked.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

I turned off add blocker after having the same issue and streaming now works fine again. Not sure why it suddenly stopped working with chrome after literally years, another "Improvement" no doubt.

1 Message

11 months ago

Since the most recent Chrome update I also have had problems loading Xfinity Stream through the Chrome browser on a Mac laptop computer.  Today I removed the extension uBlock Origin from Chrome and was able to load Xfinity Stream without any issues.  Give it a try. 

The extension uBlock Origin appears to be causing a conflict with Xfinity Stream.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

This worked for me.  Not sure why this changed as I never had a problem until this week.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same issue here.  The issue seems to be cookie related.   

Questions to the rest of you

1. Do you manage more than 1 xfinity account? 
  2. Are you signed into Chrome using a Gsuite or non gmail email address?

Here's how I got it work again.  I expect the issue to repeat itself though.

• Option 1 - Click on the padlock to left of the URL then Cookies and site data.    Refresh and you'll be asked to log in.  This time it should work.
  • Option 2- change the chrome account to another user or guest.  You could also open incognito window.  It will work there.
  • Option 3 - Use a browser you don't normally use. 

1 Message

option 1 worked.... delete the xfinity cookies once you go into the padlock and "cookies and site data"... refresh browser and it now works.. thanks.

1 Message

7 months ago

Thank you for the suggestions. Deleting cookies on Chrome from Xfinity.com worked for me. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here