benhere's profile

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

Monday, August 8th, 2022 8:54 PM

Closed

Website keeps logging me out

Using Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81.

This happens both on the Xfinity Stream site and the main Comcast site.  I keep getting logged off, over and over.  Sometimes after a minute, sometimes after 20 or more minutes.  I have cleared cache and cookies, waited 10 minutes before trying again.  Eventually I can log back on, but only for a short time.  

Somebody, anybody, help me figure out why the Comcast/Xfinity site is absolutely unreliable and erratic.  And how to fix it.

Thanks, Ben

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @benhere. Thank you for your detailed post with what you've been experiencing using the Xfinity Stream site and online in My Account. That is so odd being logged out after initially logging in. Had you noticed connectivity issues otherwise during that time? We can help! We'll ask a few questions and work together to be sure you're able to stay logged in after initially logging in. Are you experincing this issue with other devices, and, have you tried using another web browser? 

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ Sorry for the displayed response.  I thought I would get an alert that I had a response to this question, but nothing came.

For the moment, I seem to be staying logged in on both Chrome and Edge.  I'll post further if the problem comes back.

Thanks for responding.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

@benhere, No worries, on the late response, we are available 24/7 through our Xfinity Forums and can certainly pick right up where we left off. 

I am happy to hear you are now able to stay signed in! Is this for both the Xfinity Stream site, and the MyAccount site? Being a community we like to ensure any and all resolutions are providing for anyone else that maybe experiencing this issue, was there any additional troubleshooting done on your end or did the problem resolve itself?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ Well, the log-in lasted a couple hours.  But it just signed me out on both Chrome and Edge.  And I have to wait at least 10-20 minutes before I can log in again.  It just keeps sending me back to the log-in screen without ever logging me back in.

No connectivity issues on anything else. Just the Stream page and and sometime the My Account page.  No problem using a laptop at work.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Oh no! @benhere I am sad to hear the issue has returned. That is quite unusual. I would like to look into this a bit further and see if we can send an account refresh to help resolve this issue for you. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

So is there a solution to this? I've been having the exact same problem since Infinity changed the log-in page. I spent time on chat yesterday to resolve this and today it's back to logging me out again. She promised me it was fixed...it is NOT.

Problem Solver

• 

322 Messages

@aluft Are you being logged out of multiple devices and apps or is that just a particular instance? We can look into this further with you. If you could please direct message your name and complete service address, we can assist. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

same thing i sign in go to email it signs me out i sign in it takes me to email and i click on a email and it signs me out

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

It has been doing this ever since the new page update I sign in and check the keep me signed in box to no avail I probably sign in 20+ times per day checking email throughout the day, it is very annoying I sign in at least 3-4 times per visit to read emails i have cleared cache, history and even reset edge to default at least 10+ times this week trying to fix it

(edited)

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

while watching the football game I get signed out 4 times and have to sign back in during the game, cmon man you guys did something wrong on this update it has never done this in 18 years of service

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Thank you for letting us know what happens when attempting to sign in. We want you to be able to stay logged in, and I looked into this further. I do see there is a known issue with the login page looping. Just to confirm, what is the URL/link you're going to are you using the app to access your email? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm having the same issue. After signing in, as soon as I try to click a tab or do anything it asks me to sign in again. I can't do anything and it's frustrating. Get it together, Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_43db9e​  This happens to me too. I've been trying all month to log in and save my bill.  I log in successfully, click billing and it takes me back to login screen.

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble you're having @user_43db9e. Are you having this issue on any specific device or browser, or is it happening no matter what you use?

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

@user_11d910, I am sorry to hear this is still occurring, as mentioned above this is a know issue, and we are working to have it resolved as quickly as possible. So sorry for the frustration with this, we certainly want you to be able to accessing your billing and view your statements without getting logged out. Thank you for your patience in the meantime while we get this resolved for you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I too am having the same issue.

I have been a customer for 18 years and never had this issue till Xfinity changed their content page.

Stop blaming your customers who are paying in some cases, hugh sums of money each month. I also have cleared the chache, cookies, reset the modem...

Sometimes I log on and the site askes me for my password twice back-to-back and still logs me out even though i check the "keep me signed in" box.

I have also made 3 calls where someone assures me that it is fixed.

What a complete waste of my time.

Fix your problem Xfinity/comcast stop wasting the customers time by making us think we are doing something wrong at our end.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_a1112d​ If you haven't tried yet, delete your bookmark for Infinity, sign in with your user name and pw, bookmark new page. Easy to delete the bookmark by just clicking the blue star at the end of your address bar. That's all it took for me. Haven't been logged out since.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

When will this be resolved?  I too am having this issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_f1320f​ If you haven't tried yet, delete your bookmark for Infinity, sign in with your user name and pw, bookmark new page. Easy to delete the bookmark by just clicking the blue star at the end of your address bar. That's all it took for me. Haven't been logged out since.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@aluft​ no luck i cleared history reset browser deleted it from bookmarks google searched and found the page and set as bookmark and still i must login 35 times a day to check email

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

then ill login, go to billing, and have to log in again, if I click anything on the billing page I have to login again, and then it pops up and says access denied you do not have permission to view this webpage

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @user_43137. I am sure this is a frustrating experience for you. Our team would be happy to take a look. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have the same issue, except it does it on my internet for my streaming and phone.  "No issues detected" and I have had two service calls.  Well, only one actually because the technician never showed up on the first one.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

If you haven't tried yet, delete your bookmark for Infinity, sign in with your user name and pw, bookmark new page. Easy to delete the bookmark by just clicking the blue star at the end of your address bar. That's all it took for me. Haven't been logged out since.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I've been trying to sign up for Xfinity home internet for over an hour now. Same issue. I log in but as soon as I try to view my account or billing info it logs me out. Cleared cache and browsing data, signed out and back in many times. I put in all my payment info for home internet and pressed order but it immediately logged me out and I keep getting emails asking me to complete my order.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

@nguff​ try logging out of your Microsoft account and logging back in after weeks of fighting with this Comcast logout issue, it seems that signing out of Microsoft and back in has resolved my problem

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello, @nguff I am would be happy to help you sign up for Xfinity home security. I'd like to also work on fixing the issue you are experiencing with adding XH through your account. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

@user_43137  Thanks for the update and suggestions! Glad to know your email account issues are resolved! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Its so frustrating, i probably get looped back to a login screen about 6 times within 3 minutes of using the website. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@cmerchant777​ Same issue for me - this is infuriating. Cant make any progress on account changes or updates.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

What is going on? I can't stay signed in. After one click, I have to log in again. I need to manage my account, and it's impossible. What kind of tech company you guys running?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@B3baby​ try doing it through the iOS app - that was the only thing that worked for me.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @B3baby. It has been a couple of days. Are you still having issues after logging in, or were you able to get this resolved? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

XFinity, please provide a solution. It's been months and all of us have the same problem.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

Hi @MFFL

Thank you for letting us know this issue is present. I can fully understand how frustrating this is. I've seen others in this thread recommend doing the following

Delete the bookmark from my toolbar, type Xfinity into the address bar, log in with user name and password, then bookmark the new page.

Can you please let me know if this suggestion helps? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This same thing is happening to me.  

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Hello, @user_ecebf8. Thank you for reaching out to our experts on our Xfinity Community Forum! Our team works around the clock here to solve customer issues and we would love to help you.

I see that you have already sent us a direct message. We ask that you please start by posting your request in the most appropriate public forum board first. If our team needs a direct message from you they will ask you to send it on your public post once they are ready to assist you. Please refrain from sending an unsolicited direct message to any employee or user, as that is a violation of our Xfinity Forum Guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-guidelines/602da8fdc5375f08cd20b38c) and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use policy (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-acceptable-use-policy/602d9c64c5375f08cd574236). Although we would never want to get to that point with any user, violations to our posted guidelines could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Because this sounds like a separate issue from the one OP posted about, please begin your own thread and provide a description of the issue you are experiencing. Doing this will allow us to better assist you as well as help others in the community having a similar issue.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing your new post!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue since last month.

I've tried different browsers, mobile, desktop, clearing cache, allow all cookies, yet the issue persists.

Stuck in a sign-in loop.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_5f1caf! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. I'm so sorry you're having sign in issues. You're definitely in the right place to get this fixed. I'd like to take a look at your UserID to see what I can find. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

The company used by Xfinity for coding, Sprinklr, has caused additional coding errors trying to fix older problems. Things got worse on 2/8/23. They have not been fixed as of Thursday morning, 2/9/23.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem. Get logged out at every click and sent back to login screen.

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Hi @user_46333a. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through Xfinity forums! Oh no! Are you still experiencing issues with the stream app? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Still a problem months later. I have a theory;

I have this issue, but my friend does not. I have two sub-accounts/addresses on my account, my friend does not. Could the issue be related to sub-accounts/sub-addresses? This is for Xfinity specifically, where I have it at two different locations.

Tried on Chrome and Firefox on multiple PCs, as well as Chrome on Android. Tried with and without any extensions enabled. Tried on multiple internet connections too, both hardline and cell. I even tried over my VPN from a totally different location. My friend had no trouble with their account on Chrome and Firefox on my PC (I didn't have them login across all different devices since it was a moot point by then).

Doesn't matter what I do, this site has been broken for MONTHS and they don't seem to care.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello @user_23751drew We would like to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing with Xfinity Stream. Please send us a DM with your full name and address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here