N

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 2:51 AM

Streaming or watching live TV on iPad or iPhone the sound randomly goes off

Whenever we stream using the xfinity app on either of our iPads or either of our iPhones the sound randomly goes off for a few seconds, then comes back on. This will happen every few minutes or so. This has been happening for months. I didn't realize this forum was here or would have brought it up sooner.

Both of our iPads are iPad Pros, different versions. We have the latest version of iPadOS (17.5.1). We have the latest xfinity streaming app (7.17.0.2725

We also stream Plex, Paramount+, Apple TV, Disney+, Prime Video, Netflix, Max, Peacock, Britbox, YouTube, MLB, and Hulu without any problems.

Comcast is our Internet provider.

This does not happen on the X1 boxes nor in the xfinity app on Roku.

We have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times without making a difference. We have signed out and in without making a difference. Our WiFi is strong with all bars. It happens when using 2.5GHz or 5GHz, but regardless it doesn't happen with any other streaming app anyway.

If seems to me as a tech consultant that xfinity needs to find the problem and fix it. I see others in this community that have the same problem and I know many neighbors who also have the problem but just live with it without complaining, though some are thinking about dumping xfinity.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I have had the same problem for many months. I keep searching for the answer. Has anyone found out how to fix this yet?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_pybfio Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team for help with your Xfinity Stream App. I can see how this would be frustrating while trying to enjoy your services.  I'm happy to take a closer look into your services, and get you in the right direction for a resolution. To begin, can you please share any troubleshooting steps you have already tried? This way I know where to pick up. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Thank you for connecting with us, @NSL14, about the trouble with your Xfinity Stream app on your Apple devices. We appreciate you sharing in detail about the troubleshooting you have done thus far. We know it must be frustrating, but we are happy to help. Apple iPhone or iPad device requirements are as follows:

-Supported operating systems: To download the Xfinity Stream app in the Apple App Store, your device must be running iOS 14.0 or later.

-Supported Xfinity Stream app versions: To access and watch all content, Xfinity Stream app version 7.8.0 or later is required.

Please double-check your version of our app, and let us know.

2 Messages

Yes, all the newest versions installed on iPhone,iPad, Xfinity app

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! Thank you so much for the update. It honestly seems like there is some type of Bluetooth takeover happening on the devices. Do you connect these devices to external sound by chance? This happened to my mom with her headphones and speakers constantly attempting to pair to the device. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ - Version 7.17.0.2725

I am not listening through any external device. On both of our iPads we are listening directly to the iPad.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

NSL14 - Have you noticed this occur during a certain show or program?

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Downloaded an episode of Lazarus project (TBS) onto my iPad Pro - running all current operating system (and the Xfinity Stream app) 

Periodically drops sound - just like so many others that report issues with the Xfinity streaming app.

From the history I have seen - this is an ongoing problem that Xfinity seems reluctant to fix - support just asks questions - that sounds more like denial than getting the problem fixed.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 months ago

Is this ever going to get fixed?

4 Messages

Apparently not. I was asked a series of questions about my iPad, iPadOS, and the Xfinity app. (It happens on all of our iPad in the family.) Since that time, I've not heard a word from Xfinity. They seem to be stonewalling everyone with the problem. I know at least 30 with the problem.

1 Message

1 month ago

I am having the same issue on iPhone 15 where the sound shuts off. It is a pain in the [Edited: "abbreviated language"] having to shut the app down and restart sometimes every 5 minutes . When will this be fixed?

(edited)

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

23 days ago

Adding my contempt.

To help diagnose the issue I regularly record Morning Joe on MSNBC. I play from the beginning of the recording while it is still recording. The sound dropping is in the recording. I observe this when I rewind the recording and replay, the sound drop repeats at the same time index. The frequency of the drop varies.

I’ve experienced the sound drop during live streaming of MSNBC.

i don’t often watch anything else using the app

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

Thank you for that information @user_phhrym Do you notice this happening on other channels? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

7 days ago

This is a chronic problem and Xfinity doesn't care to fix a FoxNews an iPad/iPhone streaming issue.  It happens every other time FoxNews takes a commercial break and when it comes back 2-3 seconds of sound....then nothing. It requires pausing and playing the stream to get the sound back. Very frustrating causing Xfinity to be not usable.

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

MaxQRick Are you seeing any error codes or messages when this happens? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here