U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 18th, 2023 2:35 AM

Closed

Receiving Error Message while streaming via Roku

Continue to receive API Timeout error message while streaming via Roku…

Error TVAPP 00500

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, @user_bcb146, thanks for reaching out here on Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your Xfinity Stream app. I know I love watching the Xfinity Stream app in my office on my Roku and I definitely want to make sure you have access! 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried to get this issue resolved? Have you tried restarting your Roku or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

1 Message

I am receiving a API time out code that won’t go away(TVAPP-00100) what do I do

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_1lpxp7!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can.  Please feel free to create a post detailing your issue, and we will be glad to assist!  Thanks! 😉

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Error in trying to get emails 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_8a4chz, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to access your emails, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I’m also having this same problem, on at least two of my TVs, when I click the right arrow to see the channels. It seems to be a random thing, so I can only suppose the app has some kind of bug. Both have also random sound issues that get resolved when I change channels and come back, and it’s only while using the app.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @rgj_user and thank you for your comment. I know if I was having this issues I would be reaching out too. Something similar to this happened to me just the other day. I pulled up my account on the awesome Xfinity app, disconnected the power cord to my modem and the wall then reset my modem via the app. Once these step were concluded and the internet connection was restored my Xfinity streaming app on the Roku was resolved. Would you mind giving these steps a try please? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem with xfinity app..  API popped up and lost connection.  I unplugged my Roku stick and plugged it back in... This fixed it . 

Think it's a problem with the xfinity app....

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I was able to correct the issue buy going to the asterisk on remote and then clicking restart app. The error went away..

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue about 3 times a day??  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_aifgyu, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the timeouts, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here