jmurlowski's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, August 30th, 2023 3:35 PM

Closed

Paramount+ slow connecting and buffering problems

Xfinity technician was here yesterday to fix the Paramount+ slow connecting and buffering problem.

We pay for 1TB internet speeds and are very happy with the cable TV, internet speed, and VoIP phone service.  

The technician tried to fix the Paramount+ problem but was unable to find anything wrong. The technician’s best guess was that the Paramount+ server speed was the bottleneck.  Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video, and Peacock work without any speed problems.

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

10 months ago

Hello @jmurlowski Sorry to hear you're having problems with Paramount Plus! Is this happening on your TV Box, the Stream App or both?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ Is this happening on your TV Box, the Stream App, or both? Answer: I only use the TV Box.

Can you determine if the signal throughput (speed) from Paramount+, on the TV box, is less than the other streaming services?

Official Employee

• 

765 Messages

@jmurlowski I do not have any mechanism to determine that, however I can tell you that we do not have any widespread issues reported in regard to Paramount Plus. I can also confirm that with my own Paramount Plus subscription, I am not experiencing an issue, however it could be a regional feed problem. Have you made any attempt to contact Paramount Plus in regard to this problem? Perhaps they may be able to investigate. This link may help in that endeavor : https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

We have the same problem. It's the worst.   We have to wait like 30 seconds after energy click to get where it needs to go.  And each show buffers at least a minute orv freezes and errors on the commercials. 

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

Hi there, @KMARCASE  I'm sorry to hear that you are having the same issues. I know how frustrating this is for you, are you having trouble with any other APP or is it just the Paramount + App?-Richard

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

We have the same problem with Paramount.  All other channels are fine but Paramount is lousy.  Slow to load, slow to respond to inputs, frequently freezes while watching, does not record progress so have to  reload episodes from the beginning after exiting to reload the service after it locks up.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @PennyLM Have you made any attempt to contact Paramount Plus regarding this problem as suggested in this thread? Perhaps they may be able to investigate. This link may help to facilitate a resolution: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/help

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@PennyLM​ we to have problems w paramount plus - only . I wondered if our acct being shared/used multiple devices could be issue.  Are you only user of your acct?

1 Message

6 months ago

Have nothing but problems with paramount +. Fix it!

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Hey there @user_dssh7y what sort of issues are you experiencing with Paramount+?  

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 months ago

XfinityFrank suggested that I contact Paramount+ to have them explain why Xfinity speeds were slow only on Paramount+.  I have not received a reply but I will post when/if I get a response. 
On a separate note, I have an ongoing issue with Xfinity's changes to Smart Resume. We pay about $3,500 to Xfinity annually, based on current pricing, for high-speed 1.2 GB internet, VoIP, and cable TV. 
See my efforts below changes to Smart Resume:

Will Smart Resume ever get fixed? I asked on 8/30/23, why Xfinity chose to change how its Xfinity Smart Resume service works. For years, the Smart Resume was delightful and allowed the customer to fast-forward through the commercials automatically.  

Smart Resume is still an offered service with Xfinity, but the fast-forward now stops when there are about 30 seconds left on the last commercial. Very annoying! We pay over $275 a month to Xfinity and have been a customer since 1999, and Xfinity has now reduced its value without a corresponding price reduction. This decision by Xfinity undoubtedly increases their profits by keeping the advertisers happy.

I finally received a definitive response to my August 30th inquiry in early November. From XfinityThomasA: “There is currently an ongoing issue with Smart Resume functionality, where fast-forward stops around 30-40 seconds before the program resumes. This is a known issue with no timeline for resolution currently. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as our team works towards a fix.  Xfinity is uncertain of the exact source specifically. However, our engineers are dedicated and committed to fixing this as quickly as possible.”

None of Xfinity’s responses have convinced me that this was not a deliberate decision by Xfinity. This most recent direct communication, from XfinityThomasA, should have been provided back in August instead of dragging it out by requiring me to provide much more information and examples. 

I am annoyed and disappointed with Xfinity. Contrary to Xfinity employee assurances, I DO NOT expect Xfinity to dedicate any resources to solving this problem. Update January 2024 - no changes, no acknowledgment change made were deliberate, and no update,

1 Message

4 months ago

Paramount plus EDIT [language] !!! I'm tired of paying for stuff I can't watch because it freezes or takes forever to load and then skips episodes... Do better get calls EDIT [language] or quit charging people!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

@user_g4khjh I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with Paramount+. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

3 Messages

Same problem here everything works great except paramount plus. As much as I love xfinity it is always something and no one seems to know whats going on with anything I would never ever recommend this company to anyone EVER

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey there! Are you still having issues at this time? We are here to help user_rh3b61.

3 Messages

3 months ago

The same thing I'm going threw. All my other movie apps are fine and fast.  My bedroom TV it loads fast and no problem, I think it's my TV not having enough of ram. Hicense android tv

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

Hi @user_0xxch2 Thank you for your comment on the thread. Are you seeing an issue with the Paramount + app only?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here