U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2024 11:19 PM

Closed

Our new Samsung TV has stopped streaming with Xfinity.

The error message we see is TV APP00148 if that is helpful. Our other TV works fine, our phones are fine.  We can also watch Prime and Netflix without problem using the Samsung.  It looks like other users are having problems too.  Is there a resolution?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

I have the same problem which started when Samsung release a new update to the TV on Wed night 17 Jan 24.  Can't stream Live TV but able to watch recorded shows and on demand content.  Understand this is a problem between Xfinity and Samsung which the software should have been coordinated with Xfinity.  It's been 2 days not and Xfinity has not fixed the problem.  We have a QN900 Samsung TV but all my other Samsung TVs are fine with no problem.  We are getting the same error as other Post TVAPP00148.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same problem here, about 2-3 days without xfinity streaming working on a relatively new Samsung TV..  Any word on a temp fix or when this will be addressed by either company?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@JayyVee, Upon checking our records, we see this is a known issue affecting the Xfinity Streaming App on Samsung TV's. Our support team is aware of the problem, and we are actively working on a solution. I assure you that we have the best team working on this. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Any updates on timing for the resolution - it's now Feb 5th and we're into the 3rd week with no resolution. BH

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Please call Samsung. They will help. Ask to speak with live agent.

4 Messages

I called samsung. It's not their problem or their issue. It's xfinity. 

4 Messages

8 months ago

I have the same issue. I called Xfinity, talked to a representative, they said that they are working on a fix, and it should be corrected by Tuesday, 23 January. I'm hopeful, but not confident it will be corrected. 

3 Messages

I was told January 22

1 Message

It’s jan 24th - still not working for me.  What’s odd is I have 2 other Samsung’s that have the update and can stream….but the main bedroom one will not stream.   I speak to xfinity daily- zero results. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_8khg33! We have identified an issue where customers using Samsung equipment are getting the TVAPP-00148 error. It would appear not all Samsung devices are impacted. Right now our engineering team is currently working to investigate what is causing this issue so that we can then provide the fix you need! We don't currently have an ETA or workaround available at this time.

In the meantime, please continue using other devices in the home that are working while our engineers work to resolve this issue. Thank you so much for your patience while we work through this for you!

Additionally, please make sure the device not working is still eligible to use the app. The Xfinity Stream app is available on the following Samsung Smart TVs:

• 2023 TVs.
  • 2022 TVs.
  • 2021 TVs.
  • 2020 TVs (no minimum software version) All QLED and UHD Models.
  • 2019 TVs (no minimum software version).
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9.

The Xfinity Stream app is no longer available on 2017 Samsung TVs. Learn more.

Please follow these steps to determine your Samsung TV model and software version:

1. Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is connected to the internet.
  2. Press the Smart Hub button on your Smart Control remote to go to the Samsung Home screen.
  3. Scroll to and select the Settings icon (gear to the right).
  4. Arrow down to Support.
  5. Arrow right, then down, then select About this TV.
  6. From here, you'll see the Model CodeSerial NumberSoftware Version, etc.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

@user_kyre3a​ it's June and I've been on with xfinity on and off for 4 months now. I'm on hold and working with someone for 1.5 hours on the stupid app trouble shooting. Noone seems to know what they are doing there or how to fix their problem. If it was a known issue why has it taken 4 months + to fix when noone seems to know it was or is an issue and seems stumped.  

I get tvapp error code TVAPP-00195 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @user_2652d2. Thanks for posting on our Community forums. I'm sorry to hear about your app error. We'd like to help get to the bottom of this. Is this error showing up on our Xfinity Stream App or a different TV App? 

4 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ This error is showing in the Xfinity Streaming App. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, hard rebooted the tv and the modem. Nothing has worked. 

I have 2 tv's, both Samsungs, both bought in December 2021, but different models, that I stream on. The QN65QN90AAFXZA will allow me to get to the area where I choose what to watch, live, DVR, and such. When I pick a live stream, I get an error message that says, "This Video Can Not Be Played We've run into a problem while streaming (Error: TVAPP-00148)." I can stream Xfinity on my HP computer, iPhone, and other Samsung tv. The tv that won't stream Xfinity will allow me to stream other apps, i.e. Netflix, Hulu, Parmount Plus, Disney Plus, and others.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDilary​  The error is with the Xfinity Stream App.  Xfinity has been working on this fix for 5 days now.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_2652d2 We are aware of this issue and have techs working on a resolution. Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

1 Message

Hope we’re all getting credited on our billing statements!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_kyre3a! We have identified an issue where customers using Samsung equipment are getting the TVAPP-00148 error. Our engineering team is currently working to investigate what is causing this issue so that we can then provide the fix you need! We don't currently have an ETA or workaround available at this time.

In the meantime, please continue using other eligible devices in the home that are not Samsung while our engineers work to resolve this issue. Thank you so much for your patience while we work through this for you!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

It would be helpful if Xfinity would address this issue with a daily update. Ignoring your customers is really poor customer service.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I appreciate your feedback, @user_2652d2. It is not our intention to make you feel this way. Upon checking our records, we see this is a known issue affecting the Xfinity Streaming App on Samsung TV's. Our support team is aware of the issue, and we are actively working on a solution. I assure you, that we have the best team working on this. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding. 

1 Message

@XfinityDilary thank you and the team for all your hard work and dedication and for working on a solution to this issue. We understand how challenging this must be and appreciate the updates you're providing here. While this is a little inconvenient it's certainly not the end of the world. We're praying for the team that's working on this issue, that they have all the resources they need, that they are able to think clearly, focus, and come to a successful resolution. Stay well and keep us posted on your progress from time to time. We're routing for you.

4 Messages

This is still not working. Are there any updates?

Thank you. 

6 Messages

Is there a timeline for this fix? 

5 Messages

8 months ago

This is still not working. Are there any updates?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

user_c1y2uj There are no additional updates at this time. 

6 Messages

Thank you for the prompt reply. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Still not working for me although I install the new version dated 22 Jan 24.  Come on xfinity get this fixed.

Official Employee

• 

851 Messages

@roddys1 Our team of engineers are aware of the issue, and will be working to getting it resolved. 

10 Messages

8 months ago

It is now day 10 with no live tv. Instead of ignoring your customers- yes, I have called every single day to check in the status-why don't you please update everyone daily on what is going on? Is this too much to ask for? As a paying customer, I don't feel I need to do all the groundwork for a service I am paying to be provided to me. I also don't feel the solution is for me to go to the store and buy a fire stick is an acceptable solution. So I am supposed to spend more money to fix a problem I didn't create? And being told that I will receive credit once the service is restored is not acceptable either. Who is paying for the fire stick that I won't need once-if ever-my service is restored? Am I getting credit the fire stick, my time and my gas to drive to a store to purchase said stick? I am trying to be patient but this becoming extremely tiresome 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

NFL games are this weekend.  I’d prefer not to watch on my phone.  Anybody have any good Internet/cable option in Danbury CT area?  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_4v4prk​  thank you for posting. The most frustrating part is being ignored by Xfinity's lack of communication with their customers.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

8 months ago

I was also told by chat agent someone would call within 60 minutes around noon.  6:19 and no call.  I thought Comcast service had been improving.  Here we go again.  

1 Message

8 months ago

I have found the answer to this problem.  If your Samsung TV is turned on and you receive any type of government alert (weather, amber, silver, monthly test) your streaming will immediately start working.  The problem is it will work as long as the TV remains on.  If you turn it off then it no longer works.   Just have Xfinity send us continual alerts.   PROBLEM SOLVED. 

1 Message

8 months ago

January 30...  still not working.

1 Message

8 months ago

I am at the mercy of Samsung. Which company is responsible to fix this issue. I went to Xfinity to complain about this problem. The customer service representative told me that I need to remove some devices from my wi-fi because of a limit each house is supposed to connect to. I ignored that advice because it was bizarre to me. Then I contacted Samsung, they told me they are aware of the problem and to be patient until they resolve the issue. I asked the gentleman if I should buy another TV to enable me to stream Xfinity, he would not recommend my idea and told me to be patient. He also told me to watch Xfinity using my phone or my tablet ( I do not have a tablet). I don't know why we are being screwed by these companies as they seem having no concerns relative to the customers. 

I guess, we need to wait until either or both companies fix this issue. Unbelievable!!!

This solution by requesting Xfinity to continuously sending weather alert is not probable and could be unlawful.

Be Patient All!!!!

2 Messages

8 months ago

Is this a Xfinity or a Samsung issue? The error I receive on my TV is as follows: "We're sorry. Due to an issue with Samsung's firmware, we're currently working to address a problem associated with live TV within Xfinity Stream on certain Samsung 2021 TVs." They then say to use a casting device to watch on the TV. They list a Samsung phone number to call for more information. Seems like it's a Samsung problem?

2 Messages

8 months ago

We have gone to xfinity about this error code have a 2023 samsung smart TV and have been having this problem for weeks.  It will stream and I can record dvr shows but no live tv streaming as everyone else we get the 00148 error code also.  Please help.  Very frustrated.

2 Messages

@user_83nh52​ This is the same issue hundreds of thousands of us are having. Xfinity doesn't give a [Edited: "Language"] about their customers. I called and asked for a $73 credit which is the monthly cost for YouTube TV. Xfinity offered me $7. That's more insulting than offering me nothing. No ETA for it to be fixed. The best we can hope for is a class action. There are so many ways for them to proactively address this, but they've chosen to do absolutely nothing. Not even a push notification, text, or email acknowledging the issue. Think of how many call center labor hours they would have saved if they had only communicated vs leaving us in the dark. Horrible company all around.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @user_83nh52. Some of our users have had success in correcting this issue through the Samsung website when downloading the latest firmware. Have you tried this already? 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_so1fwt Some of our users have had success in correcting this issue through the Samsung website when downloading the latest firmware. Have you tried this already? 

1 Message

8 months ago

You will get no answers .  Same old “ our engineers are working on this problem “ and we keep paying Xfinity for service which we are not getting . They will tell you to use Roku , Fire stick , Apple Air play ..that’s their answer….

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here