U

Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 3:08 PM

Error TVAPP-00195

Stream app quit working about a week ago, called customer support and told( they know about it ) but is there a timeline to repair?
The message says This package is not yet available on this device. Don’t know what changed but it was working. 

Official Employee

• 

981 Messages

9 months ago

@user_1d7660, Thank you for reaching out with your concern about the Stream app. Please let us know if you are still having issues. We would love to help. 

6 Messages

Haven’t checked today because I’m at work, but as of last night it still not working. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Oh no! Let's see if we can help you get past the error. Can you tell me what device you are trying to use the Stream app on when you get that error? Have you already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? Also, are you connected to your Xfinity In-Home Wi-Fi at your service address when trying to use the app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

I am using a Roku premiere and yes I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the streaming app, yes I’m using it at my service address. I’ve also tried to reboot the Roku and a modem reset. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_1d7660 We appreciate the update! I checked our known issues, and I am not seeing this specific issue listed, but I do know that these types of errors are normally fixed by exiting the app and trying again. Have you checked if there are any active interruptions in your area that would be impacting your serivce? You can use the Status Center to check for interruptions to ensure nothing is being reported.

If the error is still appearing after exiting the app, trying again, and confirming there are no interruptions, we will likely need to open up a ticket to have this further looked into! If you send our team a direct message with your full name and address in question, we'll be able to look into this further and get that opened for you if needed! To send us a message, just use the link provided or the direct message icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Then, click "new message", type "Xfinity Support" and select that profile to send us a message directly. We look forward to hearing from you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

I have an open ticket.  

1 Message

8 months ago

I just got the streaming package and also got that error code tvapp-00195.  I have a TCL Roku TV.  How can I get this fixed?

6 Messages

I think just to cancel. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I reported this problem Tuesday September 19th. Spent a total of 4 plus hours with xfinity trying to fix it. Finally set an appointment for them to come out on Thursday. For some reason they canceled the appointment. I called again on Thursday and was told the problem would be fixed in a couple hours. It's now Saturday and I'm still getting the same error message. I will be calling to cancel xfinity stream.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @KrazyKatLady and thanks for reaching out. We are here to help you. Please feel free to send us a direct message with your full name and address:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

1 Message

8 months ago

I’m having these EXACT same issues same tcl Roku tv turned in xfinity tv box so we can use the app with our xfinity wifi it works on our iPhones with our xfinity mobile service. I have rebooted our modem I have restarted the Roku so have uninstalled and reinstalled the app about 20 times still getting the error message package not available I have an appointment tomorrow for a tech to come out and if they cancel or can’t fix it I will be canceling everything with xfinity and going with another company. They currently get almost $500 a month from me and have been for 5 years. I’m sick of this bs. You go in the store and the people are rude idiots who rather socialize with coworkers and eat snacks than help then you call customer service and get non English speaking idiots that know less than I do about my service or smart tv. Tried to sell me a iPhone 12 when I told him I was gonna switch to T-Mobile and get iPhone 15 for free. Idiots

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_2a033f

We wanted to reach out and see how the tech visit went and if any progress was made toward getting the stream app to work on your Roku TV. If you still need assistance, our team is here to help however we can. 

3 Messages

8 months ago

I am having the same issue

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Samsung qn85c reports package not available yet.

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same issue here too. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Same 00195 error with my Samsung TV

1 Message

Same error with Samsung 

Official Employee

• 

480 Messages

user_4kuvmd Are you still having issues with the Stream App.?

1 Message

I have the same issue with my LG Tv;s.  I was told by Xfinity I need to purchase their xumo box which an additional cost.  THe tv's are all new .  I think its a money grab by xfinity,

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_1kzea2  Thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are sorry to hear that you are also having issues with our Stream app, and we are happy to look into this for you. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

7 months ago

Trash service. Definitely about to cancel this and try a different service.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

It is not good to hear that you are disliking the services you have and are looking to cancel @user_dfraqh! Our team is here to help ensure your services are working exactly as you need them to, and would love to ensure you get the support you needed. What issues are you having with your services? Please let us know how we can help!

1 Message

7 months ago

Did your all start back working! Currently experiencing the same issue. Been on the phone with xfinity ALL DAY

2 Messages

Absolutely not after talking to them for 4 hours 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there! Thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are sorry to hear that you are also having issues with our Stream app, and we are happy to look into this for you. Please send us a DM with your name and address to get started. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

502 Messages

@user_dfraqh, we would be happy to try and take a closer look at things. You can send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message. 

2 Messages

7 months ago

This is happening to us on Samsung and now Roku....does anyone else know what streaming service is better?

1 Message

6 months ago

I am having the same issue. Xfinity Stream works fine on my phone app but not on my Samsung tv xfinity stream app. Same error message “This package is not yet available on this device.” What can I do to watch tv on my Samsung tv without using airplay or casting it from my phone? I got this today and canceled my Directv Stream for this…

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @yunatuna, the Stream app is awesome and a great way to enjoy your service on your terms, I use it on my Samsung all the time as well. Plus, you can save money on the equipment side as well lol. I'd love to help you with the error you're running into. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps on your end? If not, can you please try deleting and reinstalling that app? Also, are you able to confirm if the issues is present on any other devices? 

1 Message

6 months ago

We just switched from Att to Xfinity this weekend.  Am having the same problem accessing the app on my Samsung tv.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  I have checked for updates and we do have the most recent version.  App works fine on the phone.  Internet works fine (TV is hard wired, not WiFi).

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_km1041, and thank you for reaching out with your streaming issue.  Did you get a chance to check the status center provide in a link earlier in the tread to confirm if you issue is linked to any know problems with the device you are using?

1 Message

5 months ago

Same issue, same error code. I just wanted to upgrade my internet speed and they talked me into this. It works on my phone but none of my tvs. Samsung. Sounds like this is an internal issue and not an issue that requires a service technician. I'm not wasting my time on a tech. If it wasn't compatible with my tv, there wouldnt be an app on my tv for it. I use YouTube TV anyways. I was just going to give this a try. Glad I wasn't too excited for it though since it doesn't work. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_csqp8a, thanks for refacing out to let us know that you are also having trouble with the Stream App on your Samsung device. If you are still having issues with this, our team is here to help! To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

and send us a message with your full name and full address.

5 Messages

Same exact problem on Samsung TV. Works on iPad and iPhone. Not on the TV.

And Peacock subscription isn’t in effect, either.

Get your 💩 together, Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Hi

user_gy1q3a, Thanks for letting us know you're having issues with your Peacock subscriptions. Have you received the activation email or see the activation banner through the Xfinity assistance? Have you confirmed your Samsung is on the list of compatible TVs? I have a link for our system requirement here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs. Samsung TV Set up
The Xfinity Stream app is available on the following Samsung Smart TVs:
  • 2023 TVs.
  • 2022 TVs.
  • 2021 TVs.
  • 2020 TVs (no minimum software version) All QLED and UHD Models.
  • 2019 TVs (no minimum software version).
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2AKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTM2LAKUC 1131.9.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSUAKUC.
  • 2018 TVs with minimum software version T-KTSNAKUC 1131.9.

5 Messages

Thank you very much for your copy and paste efforts, I realize that is the extent of your abilities.

And the extent of ALL COMCAST TECH SUPPORT.

Have been on the phone several times over the past month. Sent a Xumo box. Told to delete the old account I had back when we had the Triple Play. Then told to talk to Peacock support. Who couldn’t find me in their systems, because one of your genius colleagues told me to delete the account! Peacock tried to tell me to talk to Xumo, until I convinced them to give me a free account after providing screenshots of all of Xfinity’s promises that none of you seem able to keep.

So really, thank Peacock tech support.

And [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

3 Messages

4 months ago

I am having the same issue 

5 Messages

I finally got a free Peacock account after taking screenshots of the emails Xfinity sent promising the free account, then screens of every link Xfinity sent not showing the stupid banner they claim it should show, to Peacock tech support.

They had me set up a new account and then sent me a code to use for the new account, free Premium for two years. I’ll have to repeat this in two years, assuming I still am an Xfinity customer.

Which is unlikely. Xfinity sucks.

5 Messages

As for the streaming app, Xfinity provides a Xumo Streaming Box free of charge. Consolidates all streaming into a box that connects to your TV, with a voice remote. Works decent enough. Sometimes the box doesn’t power up but unplugging and replugging it helps.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I am experiencing the same error. Have unintalled/reinstalled the app, turned TV on/off, rebooted the router, etc. Spent 3 hours on the phone with 3 different support agents who then transferred me to LG support where I spent another 1+ hours and it's still not resolved

5 Messages

@BeeBee5977​ 

I’d suggest asking Xfinity to send you a Xumo box. There’s no added charge for Gig Internet customers and it seems to be the best workaround for streaming issues on TVs besides buying a Roku.

Official Employee

• 

857 Messages

Hello @BeeBee5977, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Stream app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

where is the "direct message" icon?  I don't have it.

1 Message

4 months ago

I just switched back to streaming and it was working.  We turned off the TV, and now the app doesn't work. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here