U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 17th, 2022 7:29 PM

Closed

ERROR TVAPP-00114

Internet streaming says there is a caching problem and won't stream tv program. Has worked for years. Started failing today - same machine, windows 10. tried clearing cache, change browsers, etc but nothing seems to work. I see this has been a problem for a while and haven't seen any good fixes in the forum.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

All,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have worked hard to get this fixed and it should now be working for all impacted customers. 

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance getting this identified. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ hey guys, the apologies are getting kind of tired.  Some of us have lost use for five days now.  Stop claiming you have 'fixed it' when you haven't.   Might be nice if the Service Center fussed up and acknowledged this for what it is, a freaking outage.  Twenty year customer here who is fast losing patience.

New Poster

• 

24 Messages

@XfinityJessie​   Thank you.  Hope we never see this issue again.  We've all lost 4-5 days and a lot of unhappy campers here.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ OK, mine works now. It would be nice to tell us what happened in case it happens again, so we don't all have to start at square one complaining to reps that are clueless.  It was something on your end, I assume.  What caused the outage and why to only admins and managers?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same result here with Win 11. I think something on the backend must be messed up. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem, win 10 and 11 multiple browsers 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

its been all day, time to loose cable and go to real streaming service

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same here on my Mac with multiple browsers. I also get a message at times that I'm logged in but not an Xfinity streaming customer. I've got my iPhone playing next to me and all is fine there. I'm getting pretty tired of these continual problems.

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Hello @Anon572700, did you need assistance? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityXavier​ What is going on, I could have wired a Neiborhood and installed all new servers and computers as well in past 2.5 DAYS,  this at best should be resetting of a account or RE-ROUTING To another server if needed , My Nabors all are working so seems Pretty Blank selective to just target my systems, my LAN , what is up ? this is not re wiring a city !!! 

Please clear your browser's cache

Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page.

(Error TVAPP-00114)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Have reset rebooted everything down to trying new browsers, and I have Many computers on LAN so this cannot be fault on every computer ? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@dkw41124 This is a known issue and we are working to get it resolved. Our highly trained teams are working as diligently, and quickly as possible to ensure you are back up and running. Thank you for your patience.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same Result with Window 11.  Stop working this afternoon. On -line with a Comcast Tech and he has no clue on how to fix it. Terrible Service Experience

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello, @user_f2c6ab. I see you are having a similar issue to the OP @user_744dfc, as well as, others in this thread. We are aware there is an going issue and are working to get this fixed. I don't have an estimated end time yet. We appreciate your patience during this time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same issue with the TVAPP-00114 and am 5 phone calls into trying to get it resolved through the Xfinity Support reps.  No one has mentioned to me that there is an ongoing issue (which could have saved me a lot of time and pain).  We have laptops running Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Windows 10, Dell and hP computers and none of them can access the Streaming function.  I was told to "hope" that it would resolve itself at some point.

I also get an "Access Not Authorized" error message when I tried to use the xFi button to access that function from the Xfinity webpage.  I have one laptop that is "paused" and have no way now to wake it back up to use it online.

Everything worked within the past week and now nothing.  Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Everything you've stated above is going on with me.  Only on my desktop Mac, not phone or iPad.  Tried updating Chrome, using different browsers, etc.  When I try on Safari, I get the "access not authorized" message.  

This started a few days ago - just in time to not be able to stream March Madness.  

Getting ready to be done with Comcast, frankly.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

It's the Primary User that they have screwed up.  Go into your account and if you have a second view, log in as that user.  If not, create one.  Doesn't fix the problem but has gotten others [and me] use of the app. 

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have worked hard to get this fixed and it should now be working for all impacted customers. 

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance getting this identified. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Same here. Windows 10 fully up to date and trying with multiple browsers, no help. Cleared all data in Firefox, got prompted to log back in, successfully logged in and authenticated with code sent to my phone. Browser then gave me a message that access was denied, telling me I successfully logged in but I must be an xfinity user to access. It can't get much more screwed up than that. Looks like the streaming web site has lost any connection with the database of valid xfinity users. For what we pay monthly we should NEVER see this kind of problem!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@blue_gascon​ Thanks.  That seems to be the best explanation I've found yet.  "Looks like the streaming web site has lost any connection with the database of valid xfinity users"  Especially because of that weird error message after successfully logging in with the correct username and password.  See my post further down the thread.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@blue_gascon​ Same for me started yesterday.  I found one solution elsewhere on xfinity support that said "back end database issue, escalated to applications team, so they can relink username and account"
I've been on the phone with support for 51 minutes and still not resolved......grrrrr

I WONDER IF THEY WERE HACKED ????

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

At least  you were able to get on the phone with them.  They told me (automated) customer service could not resolve this issue and they would update me when resolved.  This is the 2nd day.    TV works surprisingly.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@NotHappyWC​  no they are that bad all on their own.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@NotHappyWC​   This problem is definitely associated with specific userids/accounts.  I have multiple accounts and only 1 account has the problem.  1 account streams fine, the other gets the error.  C'mon Xfinity get your stuff together!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity streaming on my windows 10 laptop in Google chrome(which literally worked fine a week ago) now gives this error:

Error TVAPP-00114 and tells me to please clear my browser's cache 

Clearing the cache does nothing.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error TVAPP-00114

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Same problem here, something went wacky on their servers.

And, of coarse, clearing browser's cache did nothing.

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Several thread on this. You're not alone. Xfinity screwed up.

TVAPP-00114

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Just got a call back from Comcast - he says they're working on it,. but may take 24hours

Frequent Visitor

• 

32 Messages

@Woodsr7​ 

Thanks for info......I was on call with support for over an hour and rep had no idea what was wrong......said it must be on my end.....at least you got some kind of message......please give us a followup when you can...........

Frequent Visitor

• 

32 Messages

Do you think some one from Xfinity would put out a message on what is going on with this error code and when it would be rectified....

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here.  Windows 10.  Edge and Chrome.  I've called tech support as well as searching the forums here.  No resolution yet.  Something clearly happened on the backend today!  I can stream on the phone App but not on the laptop.  Also tried using an incognito mode tab.  After entering username and password i got a white Xfinity error page that reads: 

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service.

UPDATE - Customer Support do not seem to have a solution.  And frustratingly constantly confuse the issue by assisting in troubleshooting the website issue but referencing the issue with the streaming "app."   I don't know if they are just using the term loosely or getting confused and troubleshooting the correct issue.

To complicate things even further, I logged out of the working, Xfinity stream APP on my phone (Samsung android) and restarted the phone and.....you guessed it, now the Xfinity stream app won't open and keeps crashing.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Same here

I'll bet they have server issue that they can't figure out, otherwise we wouldn't have any problems.

Oh well, I'll have to use my terrestrial antenna to watch tv on my computer with and internal hauppauge WinTV card, works great

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

This problem started today for both my computer and my wife's computer. No matter what browser we use, it will not let us watch streaming programming, and gives this error
Error TV App-00114 - please clear your browser cache

Only clearing the cache and cookies doesn't help. Rebooting the computer doesn't help.

Chat with an agent gave me a ticket number after about 1/2 hour.

I'm using WIN 10. 

I am able to watch programming from my Amazon Fire tablet just fine.

I get the same message using Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox. So I don't think it's the browser.

Xfinity support tried rebooting the modem.

I also tried Clearing Cache on TV Box.

Nothing seems to help.

It seems to me that the problem is Xfinity streaming website

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Error TV App-00114 - please clear your browser cache

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

Several people with same problem.
Just got a call back from Comcast - he says they're working on it,. but may take 24hours

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Same [Edited: "Language"] here....my problems started at 10:25 EST 3/17....Comcast strikes again...[Edited: "Inflammatory"]...talked to 3 reps and not one of them fessed up or claimed to know about this problem. Ended up hanging up because its now 11:00 and time for bed. Better luck tomorrow. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

32 Messages

Having same problem with MAC.  Browser is Chrome.........Any help you can give me please pass on......I called Xfinity help.....rep had no clue......and sent om my way........Thanks.....

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I get the same error message on 2 different PC's windows 10 and 11 Chrome, MS Edge, and Firefox.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Woodsr7​ exactly the same for me.. all browsers, all PCs

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem here - both mine and my spouse's computer (both WIN 10.. Spent about 1/2 hour chat with agent, who kept asking for information that I had already given. Finally gave me a ticket number after asking stupid questions. They should refund money for the time it isn't working... the bastids.

My tablet can login and stream just fine though. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@Woodsr7​ I have the same issue too no computer desktop,laptop both accounts wife and mine will not stream through any browser ie;  safari, Firefox,Chrome now for over 30hrs outage.

I am requesting credit for this outage. I requested a phone / text updates every 4 hrs still waiting for a fix :(

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

@user_fbb0cb

There is a temp work around until Xfinity gets the real problem fixed.

You log into Xfinity with your primary account and navigate to Users and add another user. It requires you to have a cell ph. number however, which is not used by another user. It also requires an unused email address. So I used my spouse's cell number, and a different email. Then I logged in with the new account (after verification) and navigated to TV Online.

This has worked for several people. The problem XFinity is having is Verifying Existing Users for TV Online, and giving the stupid "clear your cache TVAPP 00114 error. But when you create a new user, it works just fine. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Woodsr7

So anyone with only 1 cell phone number is screwed??  And so much, on day 3, for a fix in 24 hours...

Regular Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 years ago

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Woodsr7​ Thanks for calling Comcast.  I have seen this issue before.  Seems to work on phones and iPad but not laptops

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Same thing, they have idiots working at ComCrap. I was escalated to Level 2 after 2 hours I got a text it was fixed.  It was not, I text it was not, was told to call the number in the text.  I did and had to start all over.  The people are like really dumb robots, reading the same script.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Also the issue is with my Primary Account saying I am logged in but not authorized to stream.  So I logged in as a user and could stream.  Some IT professional has screwed things up.  Maybe it is PUTIN??? NOT!!!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

seems to be pc laptops.   somebody made a coding error in an update. mac works  

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Error TVAPP-00114 => Me too, on Window 10 and Windows 7: Chrome, Firefox and Edge... cleared cache, rebooted, etc. did not fix. Streaming works on Roku and Android phone. Only the Website does not work. I can get to my email, voicemail, and account, via the web. Only web streaming does not work. Issue started before dinner tonight (3/17/2022).

Frequent Visitor

• 

32 Messages

@PBBGP​ 

Same problem here.......bad enough that I was on with support and they had no clue what was wrong........keep us posted....

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Just spent 2 hrs with CS chasing the problem with 3 abandoned chats. Something's def amiss.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@PBBGP​ Same for me...I can stream on my Roku and Firestick and I can access Xfinity web page and my email, but I can't stream on either of my computers. I get the same error messages everyone else is getting. Worked yesterday, but not today.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Other posts have stated a second ID will work. I now confirm that my wife’s ID works and that she can stream, while my primary ID still gets this error message. Posts also state there was a software update to the web security code that caused this. This makes sense, since no other technologies were disrupted (Android/Apple/Roku/etc.)

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Update: my web streaming has been working properly since about lunchtime today 3/21/2022 for all ID's. As an IT professional for 35 years in software development, I'd advise you to spend more time testing things before you deliver them to production. Also, no one goes home for the first 24 hours, after the rollout starts. Issues like this can put Comcast out of business.

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Same TVAPP-00114 error here. It started 3/17. Happens on multiple PC's in my house. All are on my local network (I don't use the phone app nor do I stream out of the house). Reboot/Powercycle of all devices does not help nor does clearing the browser cache. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@gljonesjr Are you also using windows devices when having this issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It happened to me on a mac device.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here