U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 12:31 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream blocks Screen Mirroring

My TV and cable has been down for 3 days because it was 5 days out to get a technician to my house and so I'm using Xfinity stream on my phone, I purchased a movie and once I start it and try to screen mirror it to my Samsung TV it then informs me it doesn't support screen mirroring. I would download the beta app on my TV but I still have no internet thanks too Xfinity making me wait 5 days for a technician. I can screen mirror absolutely anything and any app on my phone including the individual channel apps like AMC, can you explain to me why Xfinity who I pay $300 a month too has the access to screen mirror blocked???

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @user_1313bb 

Some channels and movies block access for screen mirroring outside of the home network. Since the internet is off, your personal network, it will block. From there, connecting to your app will be able to stream content on the TV as in "network"

If you have any questions or would like our team to look into this further, please let us know! We are here to help! 

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityMartinB 

It figures. Charge more and give less. It's no wonder Xfinity is constantly rated as having the worst customer service.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@sfhock yep! I cannot use my expensive xfinity subscription on the go at my cottage to screencast. It’s not like I can be at two separate locations at once so why do they care? They are the worst and truly don’t care

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Notice how quiet @XfinityMartinB is. Maybe your supervisor can give you some BS to spew.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just switched my cable box to X1-TV.  I don't have Comcast internet.  My LG smart TV use to be able to screen mirror my phone.  Now I can't screen mirror anything.  How do I unblock this? 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_822e30 Hey there! The cable box shouldn't have anything to do with the screen mirror but if you're trying to mirror our Stream app or another tv app that we provide, that will not work. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have always used my phone to watch when I am traveling  but I haven't for quite sometime. Does this mean i can not use the phone lightning to diitial av adapter will not work  any more? Is this new?

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hello, @ser_5cfd04, that is a great question! If you are outside your home, meaning not connected to your Xfinity internet services, then yes some networks may experience a blackout. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityValerie

Hi Valerie,

Can you list some networks that will not be blacked out?  I'd like to know what DVR'd shows I can watch without having to test each recording.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Turk182_B, the best resource we can reference is this one! This will show what networks are available on the go or away from home. I hope this helps. What network are the recordings that are giving you trouble on?

(https://comca.st/2WS7UD7

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I just bought an Android TV box to attach to my computer monitor and then I installed Xfinity stream on it. Every time I try to access a station, the app tells me that It cannot screen mirror. I am not mirroring a screen. I am trying to stream to my monitor through the Android box. Can someone please tell me what is going on?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Hi @user_b57d2a, 

The Xfinity Stream app cannot be installed on the following unsupported devices:

• Android TV
  • Windows tablets and phones
  • Nook devices
  • Apple TV
  • Apple Watch
  • Xi5 streaming TV Boxes for Xfinity Flex
  • Other devices not specifically mentioned

due to the device not being supported at this time the error message  will occur. I apologize for the inconvenience. We are always updating our software to be more compatible with more devices. We hope to make your device compatible in the future. 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

You forgot to add the Amazon FireStick as an unsupported device!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAshley

Hi Ashley,

Are Roku devices supported?  What are the Xfinity development plans for supporting more devices? 

Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

So the info about needing a browser that supports xfinity stream is a smokescreen since the device the browser is on sets the agenda. Not the browser. I have an android box for my NOT Smart TV that works great. I cant get the xfinity stream to work do to this mirror issue. This stinks.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

They want you to rent a cable box

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

So I am on my home network playing the stream fine on IPhone app. As soon as I try to screen mirror it to my Roku it breaks. So you’re blocking the screen mirror that is a fact. You don’t need to care about how my iPhone mirrors its screen to Roku. Screen mirror has literally nothing to do with my mobile app playing your stream. 

Fix that. It’s [Edited: "Language"] and you’re blocking it at iPhone app level. 

Secondly, I have router level VPN. When it’s on your entire streaming service doesn’t work. DirTV does work in that scenario. I have DireTV as my primary cable TV provider. If you have any hope of my switching to your TV service—-I get for free with internet— then you will stop blocking your service working with screen mirroring and router VPN. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@knjxfinity 

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here and letting us know some of the concerns you have had with screen mirroring. While we have system limitations with certain 3rd party content, we do allow casting to your device which may be an alternative you could consider. You can learn more at https://comca.st/2W3PLSz.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Why can’t my iPad mirror XFINITY to my Apple TV device so I can watch XFINITY on the television?  I am at my home site.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

They don’t want you to! It’s better for them if you rent a cable box. End of story. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm also having the same problem when traveling.  Xfinity seems to find new ways to make it difficult to use their overpriced services.  I'm simply trying to watch one of MY recorded shows I paid for yet it's being blocked.  And no, it's not a network restriction issue because it is one of the Comcast owned networks.  If you're trying to encourage us to cut the cord and just use Prime/Netflix etc.. then Bravo.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have a smart Philips Tv at my lake place and i tried to screen mirror the xfinty stream app thru my Ipad using hdmi adapter to the Ipad and then an hdmi cable. I got sound but no picture except for ESPN. The Guide showed up but sound and no picture for teh most part. All of the other apps on the ipad screen mirrored w/o a problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_8eb72c, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your Xfinity stream app. Currently, The Xfinity Stream app (iOS/Android) does not allow AirPlay, Casting, or Mirroring due to rights restrictions from some of the networks. While certain networks would allow for their content to be shared like this, there are other networks we carry that do not allow this feature. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Why is there a restriction? Why does Xfinity care if I watch on my Ipad, laptop or TV. I pay for the right to watch it remote for the GOTV channels. What difference does it make which screen i use? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

BTW, I have downloaded YouTube TV for a free trial on my Ipad and it screen mirrors beautifully. Same networks as Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

While Apple Screen Mirroring is not currently supported, we do have a built-in feature with our app that will allow most networks to be broadcast to a separate screen via Chromecast.

Chromecast is an enlarged thumb drive device that plugs into a TV’s High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) port and allows you to stream (cast) content from your computer or mobile device through your WiFi network and onto your TV screen.
While we don't sell Chrome cast devices, they are available for purchase at most major electronics retailers.

Supported networks will show a Casting button on your devices. You’ll also see “Available” underneath your devices that are connected to Chromecast and ready to cast.

We also have more information on this here: Xfinity Stream on Chromecast FAQs - Xfinity Support, if you think this will be an option you are interested in. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Does it work? Have you done it or know anyone who has? Will all TVGO channels be available? 

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

Way to shut off something that people actually use. Xfinity is the worst, but is soon to be extinct when everyone figures out that they can stream to their heart's content and get internet on the cheap. I give Xfinity 10 years tops if they continue to offer less for more.

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

3 years ago

Because they want people to rent a cable box for their non-mobile viewing requirements. Trust me, they wouldn’t even offer the app if they didn’t absolutely have to due to competition. Always about the money, never customer satisfaction with this company.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@Annoyed58451 

And crickets from @@XfinityRyanE

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here