tedaurie's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, January 5th, 2022 9:51 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App Beta on multiple LG TV’s

We have been having nothing but issues since the latest update of theXfinity Stream app on our LG TV’s. We have 4 TV’s which are all LG TV’s but different models. All of the have an issue now where the channel we are watching freezes up about every minute. Here are the troubleshooting steps we have tried and nothing has worked. 
1. remove app from tv, unplug the tv then reinstall the app and register the TV. 
2. Rebooted the router including the modem.

3. Created a separate Wi-Fi network where we only have one TV connected to that Wi-Fi network and all other TV’s are off. 

We have no issues with any other streaming app on these TV’s. HBO Max, Apple TV, Netflix, YouTube, Disney +, and Peacock all stream normally without timing out or losing the stream. 

Is there any other troubleshooting we can do? Can we downgrade the app to the previous version? Along with the issues we are having the new layout is terrible. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Yes same probably here no issues w/ other APPs on LG TV. Only Xfinity Stream has an issue ALWAYS buffering!! Please fix

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Also tried hardwired connection to TV vs wireless with same results. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, happy to look into this for you. Send a DM with your name and address to XFINITY SUPPORT please!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Has anyone found a fix for this? I have reloaded all system software and apps, replaced (upgraded) modem and no change. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_36310a Hello and thanks for reaching out! I am sorry to hear you are also having issues. Can you give me some more details on what specific issues you are experiencing?

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Exact same issue on my LG TV with the app that used to work, all channels hang and freeze then buffer and kick back in constantly.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue… any resolution?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Why can’t Xfinity resolve this issue? Really hard watching the MCAA tourney when the app is constantly buffering. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Oh no! I know how upsetting it can be when things don't work as expected. May I ask the app you are having issues with and are you having issues with this app only? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Still no fix on this issue 

awful 

shame on xfinity for not working with LG to fix the app issues

-slow

- remote control issues

- no quick guide

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I will be more than happy to take a deeper look into this issue, @Francis401268 . Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I recently purchased an LG24LM520S Smart TV and I had the same problem as described. 

I have a Tenda Wireless Router.

The Tenda Management APP enables the user to monitor the upload and download data speeds of all devices on the network.

The default maximum download speed for everything on my network (by default) was set to NO LIMIT.

I noticed the data download speed to the LGTV varied greatly.

I also realized the freezing would happen as the download speed spiked; not as it dropped (as you would expect).

The Tenda APP allowed me to set a maximum download rate limit.

After entering a fixed maximum download speed for the LGTV the problem resolved itself.

I am not sure why this worked, but it did!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Just bought a insignia tv.   Same is happening. TV freezes.  It’s the app. Xfinity can you resolve this issue. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @pbruderer. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the new TV. I did take a look to see if this is a known issue for your TV brand and I am not showing a problem at the moment. We will need to investigate this a little further for you. You mention the TV is freezing, is this only when you use the Xfinity Stream App? Are you seeing an error code on the screen? Have you tried the uninstalling the Stream App from the TV and reinstalling? I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue on my LG webOS TV UK6090PUA - ever since the last update of the app, the signal is drops and needs to buffer - let’s fix this.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_bcbf70 Thank you for letting us know you are having an issue with the LG TV and Stream app. What troubleshooting steps have you completed, we ask so we do not have you repeat them while we look into what is going on. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here