U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Same here is it a system wide failure.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_w1gv8k! Thanks for commenting your shared concerns. This is a known issue that our engineers are working hard to resolve as quickly as possible. We'll try to let everyone know when we have any updates to share! Thank you very much for your patience.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have had this issue for days now!!! “Xfinity engineers” can’t be very smart if they are speaking to Samsung regarding this issue. It’s completely unacceptable! I have 3 other Samsung TVs in the house bought in last 3 years and all but one work perfectly fine. Please get this fixed asap!  

(edited)

2 Messages

Any updates.  Mine stop working on my Samsung TV.  It used to work fine.  Error 00148

4 Messages

@XfinitySara​ when will this be fixed?  Absolutely unacceptable with what I pay per month and not have service!

4 Messages

@user_j0s7ir​ I have 2 Samsung TVs. One works fine. Not sure what is going  no on. 

37 Messages

8 months ago

I'm fairly certain it has to do with the latest Samsung software update.  Mine updated sometime during the night and now no longer works.  SW version is T-KSU2EAKUC-2201.0,BT-S if that's of interest.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ I don’t believe that’s the problem,  it’s only on newer Samsungs from year 2020 to now , all Samsungs would not work if that was the case 

37 Messages

That's incorrect.  Newer Samsung TV's use the Tizen OS, not android.  This is specific to Samsung and their OS on the newer TV's.  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ If it was a Samsung software issue no apps would work. Also you can still access and watch any saved shows on the xfinity-stream-app, just not live TV. So it's an Xfinity issue

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

It's not a Samsung issue.  Someone posted in one of the forums that they did call Samsung and it's a xfinity issue. 

2 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ that is what Samsung support told me too… that they provide app vendors with the Tizen platform to build against. Other streaming apps work fine… Netflix, Prime, etc. When the Xfinity app starts, it looks as if it is trying to connect to specific channel (last channel that was used in my case) But it never starts playing. I end up seeing an error code: TVAPP-00148 every time. I have tried factory-resetting the televisions, removing and reinstalling the app… removing power.. nothing fixes it. Xfinity doesn’t seem to be able to pull any logs from there app that reveal why that error code would be displayed which seems odd. Perhaps, Xfinity just wants to force us to sign up for more set top boxes rather than support their app, as they should.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 months ago

Streaming fine on phone, tablet and chromebook. Only get TVAPP-00148 on my Samsung Smart TV. No help or admission on phone call that it is a "known issue". Useless service

37 Messages

It's Samsung's latest firmware.  I posted the version from my TV in the thread....check yours, I'm willing to bet it's the same one for Tizen Operating systems.

37 Messages

Firmware version T-KSU2EAKUC-2201.0, BT-S

2 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ 

Mines Tizen as well and doesn’t work.

37 Messages

8 months ago

Hi all.  So based on what I've found, this is an issue with the latest Samsung software release and Xfinity.  Samsung will not roll back the release and want to charge me for a service call.  Xfninity and Samsung need to get this resolved.  Ultimately, Samsung is responsible as they allow the Xfinity app to run on their TV's.  The issue is for sure the latest software release from Samsung as my tv worked fine last night but updated sometime after I shut it off.  Notice, that there are zero comments from Xfinity resources on this thread.  They know it's a problem and they don't have a fix.  Better go buy a roku stick...those work as they are android.  Samsung uses the tizen operating system.  For anyone interested the latest software release from Samsung is T-KSU2EAKUC-2201.0, BT-S.

Xfinity and Samsung, maybe you two ought to talk!

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

I have a different version that shows as the latest update and it's not working either.  T-NKLAAKUC-2201.0, BT-S

37 Messages

this is the actual version 2201.0

6 Messages

Maybe instead of me going out and spending my money to fix this, Xfinity should give me a box for free. Wait, that would actually be a move towards customer service. Sorry never mind...

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

8 months ago

XFINITY now saying it’s a Samsung issue and not their issue 

37 Messages

Well, I kind of tend to agree, but I'm on the line with Samsung right now and they say it's xfinity.  So we are all stuck with expensive TV's that don't work.  Sweet!

37 Messages

Something in the latest Samsung software release is causing the Xfinity LIVE stream to fail.  It only fails on Samsung TV's with the TIZEN OS and the latest software release....which is auto-installed unless you turned it off on the tv.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Same issue spoke to Xfinity and Samsung they both have teams working on a fix for the last update that some created havoc with the Xfinity stream of live TV. So hopefully be fixed in 2024 (sarcasm intended ) my $ are on this was standard update and Xfinity app has so coding embedded somewhere causing issue as all my other apps work fine.

1 Message

8 months ago

We have a Samsung too! I've tried everything to make it work! Is xfinty fixing this? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

I’m sure the interns are working very diligently to fix this…

37 Messages

@zharris2388​ doubtful...again, usually they respond to these messages.....not this time.  I really think this is a Samsung problem.  I'm willing to bet your TV just updated itself.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

No [Edited: Language], it was sarcasm. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_wu7e7u, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the error code, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

8 months ago

I turned on Samsung tv and it updated. Went to xfinity stream live channels and get Errorr TVAPP-00148. The recordings and ondemand works. I guess we have to wait for an update.

37 Messages

I actually gathered that. I'm just frustrated because samsung won't even look at the possibility that it's not either my TV or Xfinity.  The only change for ALL of these folks is the latest update - which, I believe fixed the Samsung Streaming service...so no way they are gonna fix this.  I gave up and plugged in a ROKU stick so I can at least watch tv.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@AllStar40​ how long did they say ? This is [Edited: Language] , I bought multiple 70” Samsungs none are working but my LG is working great 

(edited)

37 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ Call Samsung and gripe, it's the only way this is gonna get fixed

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ I did they said it was Xfinity problem 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

8 months ago

I have a Samsung with an older version software (1340 is what is says on the screen) and that is working.  The other Samsung with the version 2201 is not working with the same Xfinity stream issue (Error Code 00148) everyone else is having.  I shut off my auto update on the older tv so I at least have one I can watch for live TV until this gets straightened out.  

37 Messages

I think it's specific to Samsung's with the Tizen OS.  Your older one is probably android.  YES turn off auto upates.

3 Messages

8 months ago

Chatted with Samsung for 2 hours, finally told them I searched the internet and only Samsung owners are experiencing this issue,  they confirmed my statement and are opening a ticket to escalate to tier 2. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out over our Forums and for being proactive. Are you still having issues right now and have they provided you with any new details? 

1 Message

Can we cancel our xfinity account until they fix the issue? 

Official Employee

• 

519 Messages

@user_a0vctk​ You can stop service anytime you need. 

1 Message

8 months ago

Same here.  Nothing works to fix it.  The app works fine on my other Samsung and on my fire tv.  

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_crqjjk​  yes I wonder when this will be resolved I believe they have had issues in the past with this 

2 Messages

My father is also having this issue, and his TV definitely updated today. Has either of Samsung or Xfinity given any sort of time-frame? Are other streaming apps working on Samsung TVs?

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_ifhv1z​ At this point they ae just pointing fingers at one another.  All other streaming apps are working (Amazon, HULU, Peacock, Netflix..etc)  It's just xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for using our Forums to contact our team and bring this to our attention @user_crqjjk. Can you please tell us more about the troubleshooting steps that you have tried already? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_ifhv1z​ - no timeline.  Xfinity was out to my home and said Samsung issue but that Xfinity has engineers working on the issue - without a timeline for completion.

3 Messages

8 months ago

Bought a $35 Amazon Fire Stick, back to streaming on my Samsung. But..... it sucks to pay as much as we do and have to spend more money to stream on a 3 year old TV.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_muqj8f​ Are you able to stream xfinity?

3 Messages

@user_30zu9n 

Yes, no issues downloading the Stream app and watching live TV right now.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_muqj8f​ Thanks.  I may have to do that

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@user_muqj8f​ I just bought this tv , this is unreal that we have to buy a fire stick 

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_ehmjye​ I agree.  Xfinity is still the issue in my opinion.  My Samsung streams every other TV app with no problem.  Xfinity has something in their system preventing the streaming.  

2 Messages

8 months ago

Roku has the 4K stick 20 bucks off, $29.99. I broke down and ordered it, though I’m bitter I had to. Going to raise hell at Xfinity and get them to knock the cost off my bill.

2 Messages

Why would people buy a streaming stick? Switch to YouTube TV if they don't get it fixed. If you have a contract they are not upholding their end, I promise you are free to go free of charge.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_mq9mk6.  We greatly appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns with your service here on our Community Forum and want to assist in any way that we can.  Can you tell me if you have been able to update either the app itself or the operating system on which you are streaming with?

Contributor

• 

52 Messages

8 months ago

I saw a comment in another thread about this - the person said they used their Roku as a workaround. I also have a Samsung TV, couldn't watch live TV (error code TVAPP-00148) and was on the phone with Xfinity customer service yesterday. They said there was a nationwide problem. I also have a Roku, and downloaded the Xfinity Stream app. I'm watching live TV now. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I think we can start a class action lawsuit here because we can’t all be experiencing the same issue and Xfinity isn’t doing anything about it except for asking to uninstall and reinstall the streaming app or disconnect/refresh modem. 

37 Messages

The problem is not xfinity at this point, it's Samsung and their latest update.  I spent hours on this today.  No one will own it.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

@user_fnvq0d​ I think it IS XFINITY.  At 2pm EST I chatted with support tech Maria and she fixed the problem after giving her Samsung model # and manufacturer date. She got it working. But I had to turn tv off and go inside due to a storm. When it passed and I turned tv back on...error code again. 2 techs later and NO Joy!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_gppacy We're aware of the issue after a recent Samsung update. We're working with their teams to have it fixed as soon as possible. For now, you can Cast the same content on the SmartTV from several mobile devices, or use any of the approved devices on this https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-app-faqs list to enjoy all the content on the big screens immediately! We truly appreciate your patience while we work to get this resolved. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

it seems to be a small issue of course things like this happens it is technology i just use my phone to either screen mirror or airplay for the time being.. give it a try 

1 Message

Thanks for the tip works fine.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here