U

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 6:36 PM

Closed

TVAPP-00148

I just encountered error code TVAPP-00148 on the Xfinity Stream app on my Samsung TV. Worked fine for prior 6 months. App streams fine on other devices and tvs. Tried turning off/on tv and deleting/installing app on Samsung tv. 

11 Messages

3 months ago

Finally! This issue seems to be resolved, and they also fixed the default CC issue as well. Still waiting for the return call from Xfinity advising the issue is resolved with an accumulative refund for the impacted days that I was promised I would receive back on January 19th. 

Visitor

• 

33 Messages

Just tried our TV (Samsung 2020) and Xfinity Stream is working - finally! Looks like an the auto-update on the Samsung pushed the latest release. I'll wait to hear from Xfinity on our open ticket with Advanced Tech Support as they did say they would be texting or calling me when it's officially fixed and then we can get our credit back to 1/17. 

Official Employee

• 

860 Messages

@user_im6hqs @NewCustomer3 That is excellent news that it's working again. In case the repair team is not able to reach out I would be happy to help. Please let me know. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

@user_im6hqs​ 

Did you have to do anything on your end my TV still is not letting us watch live through the xfinity app 

Visitor

• 

33 Messages

@XfinityPaula​ Yes please. I want to make sure we are credited for the outage 1/17 - 2/6. I have a ticket number and was supposed to hear back from Xfinity when it was resolved so they could issue credit. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@NewCustomer3 Thank you so the response and we are happy to look into this for you. Can you please send us a DM to get started so we can work on making sure you get that credit.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

3 months ago

1. Using your TV’s remote, navigate to Menu, then select Settings, and choose Support.
  2. Select Software Update, and then click Update Now.
  3. New updates will be downloaded and installed.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_37m7yh​ that doesn’t work for everyone I was on phone with Samsung for 2 hours. Some people will have to get thumb drive that is 2gb or bigger and download from internet then put in back of tv in order for update to take place. 

Official Employee

• 

972 Messages

Skeets2022, Let us know if you need any assistance. We are here to help. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

You can manually update the software without using a USB. Turn on your TV and make sure it is connected to the Internet . Press the Menu button on your Samsung remote control and then select Settings. Support tab and then select Software Update. If the Software Update option is greyed out, please exit and change your TV source to LiveTV, then return to Software Update.

23 Messages

3 months ago

Finally it seems to be working as of today. I haven't done anything special regarding updating software. It just worked as of an hour ago. Hope this ordeal is over. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

Ugh just tried mine does not work. What year is your tv? I have 2021. I am likely going to cancel they tried to sell me another service for additional money. SMH. 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Why do I have the feeling that this whole situation was created by the Xfinity IT department. They were trying to fix the CC issues and made it worse, not better… [Edited: "Language"] Those certain people who are higher up the food chain were calling people in positions of power at Xfinity to make it happen. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

23 Messages

Xfinity owes us an official explanation about what happened as well as a credit on our bill. Won't hold my breath though.

Expert

• 

192 Messages

@user_war8af,

An explanation was provided by Comcast on the marked Official Solution on this thread by @XfinityKatie more than a week ago. You should check it out as they mentioned this was not caused by them but Samsung. 

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@Here4Help​ well I spoke to Samsung for 2 hours plus on the phone. And they said if it was the tv then none of the other apps would have worked. Not to mention my tv never did the update. So they can’t blame the update for me. It’s whatever they did to the app and my live tv still doesn’t work. 

4 Messages

I never updated anything and had the error message appear.  Just chatted with Xfinity when the problem occurred on Jan 17.  Was assured it would be fixed in 3 days, then chatted again after going through their troubleshooting hoops lol.   Assured it would be fixed.  :).    Chatted again, finally, miraculously connected with Tech, lol, troubleshooting hoops, etc, finally was told on Jan 22 the issue would be resolved by Feb 6.  The issue was not resolved.    They suggested earlier for a bait and switch,  try using other methods for the TV to work.  I don’t think they were thinking clearly.  Anyway.   Moving on from Xfinity.   Contemplating other recourses.  Xfinity has more issues than this app issue and most of their issues are self inflicted.   

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

Hello, @user_jwesh4u. Thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. We do have some great news as this has now been resolved. If you didn't see the update on the beginning of the post, here is how to help resolve the issue: 

UPDATE 02/08/2024***

We’re aware that some customers are receiving an error message when using the Xfinity Stream app on some 2021 Samsung Smart TV models. Please know that this is not an Xfinity issue. It’s a firmware-related issue within the TV. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as Samsung works to deploy a fix in the coming days, automatically, that should resolve the issue fully.

In the meantime, here are two ways you can update the firmware manually and ensure that automatic updates are turned on:

OPTION #1:

Using your Samsung TV remote, navigate to Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. This should download and install any new updates. If there aren't any new updates, select OK to exit.

Notes:

• If the Software Update option is grayed out, it's because a streaming app is running in the background. You’ll need to change the source to TV or press Samsung TV Plus on the remote.

• Updates usually take a few minutes, and the TV will automatically restart once the update is complete. Do not turn off the TV until after it restarts.

OPTION #2:

Follow the instructions on Samsung’s website. (You’ll need the model number of their TV and a USB flash drive.)

1. Go to https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/.

2. In the Search your productsearch bar, enter TV’s model number.

3. Under Firmware, you should see and click on How to update USB firmware (this will open a new webpage with this header: Update the software on your Samsung smart TV or Monitor).

4. Then choose and follow the Update using USB

ENABLE FUTURE UPDATES:

To ensure that future updates are automatic, using the Samsung TV remote, navigate to the TV Menu > Settings > Support > Software Update and select Auto Update to turn it on. (Selecting it again will turn off automatic updates.)

Note: If the Software Update option is grayed out, it's because a streaming app is running in the background. You’ll need to change the source to TV or press Samsung TV Plus on the remote.

ADDITIONAL WORKAROUNDS:

If you cannot or do not want to attempt to update the firmware on your own, you can try these workarounds:

1. You can use an alternate device such as Apple AirPlay, Google Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV or Apple TV streaming device to watch on your TV.

2. You can watch on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. (Here’s a list of eligible deviceswhere you can watch Xfinity Stream content.)

3. You can play Xfinity Stream app content on a mobile device and then, on your home WiFi network, use Bluetooth to cast the programming to your TV. You would then use your mobile device as a remote.

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have done these steps to fix my issue and it has not worked. I had a message on the TV to call Samsung and had a technician out to look at the TV and the app started working. He told me it was not a Samsung issue it was an Xfinity issue. As he was in his vehicle I got the error again, ran out and stopped him and he would not come back in to look at it and just said it was not their issue with the TV app it was Xfinity and would not do anything. Xfinity is pointing to Samsung and Samsung is pointing to Xfinity, this is ridiculous.  

Official Employee

• 

891 Messages

@user_asxyxt Thank you for your feedback regarding the TV app error. You mentioned you completed all the steps above that were posted. As a last step have you uninstalled the stream app and them reinstalled it? Are you also able to see the version of firmware currently on the TV? Did it update successfully?

6 Messages

3 months ago

Still having issue on LG TV. Xfinity can't fix! Very frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_nmeduq. Thanks for posting on our community forums for assistance with your LG TV concern. To make sure we are on the same page. Is this related to our Xfinity Stream App TV App error message (TVAPP-00148)? Or is it a different issue? 

4 Messages

3 months ago

Problem no longer occurring!  Without any additional action on my part, the Xfinity Stream app is now working for live broadcasts on my 1 or 2 year old Samsung TV.

Official Employee

• 

845 Messages

Hello @user_3g6xxa, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I'm happy to hear the Stream app is working for you now. 

We're committed to delivering the amazing entertainment and services you rely on today, and the new experiences you'll love down the road. Do you have any other concerns I can help with?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 months ago

Similar problem here.  Xfinity streaming app takes me to one channel with no option to view channel guide, no option to go up or down channels and no option to log in or log out of my Xfinity app.  Tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app as well as updating the software on the Samsung smart TV and neither resolved the issue.  I tried casting from my phone and from my computer and each work fine, but there is a significant loss of audio level.  I tried other apps on the TV such as Netflix and it works fine.  I spoke with Xfinity and they seemed to be unaware of this issue.  All they could tell me was there has been some kind of "outage" since January 17.  Unless Xfinity provides an acceptable resolution, I will be dropping my Xfinity TV/streaming and switching to YouTubeTV.

4 Messages

3 months ago

I had the same issue for a month and it was fixed 2 weeks ago.  I suggest holding the power button on your remote control down long enough to power the tv off and on.  Then give the tv time to recycle (a minute or do).  That worked for me on one set.  The other was fixed and just worked one day about the same time period.  Or download a software update from Samsung on your computer, save it to thumdrive, insert the thumb drive, go to settings and upload the update .  Good luck.  I have 3 SS TVs and they all now work.

36 Messages

3 months ago

It finally started working again on Sat. 2/17.

But I still occasionally get the error code when changing channels, if it takes 10-15 seconds to load the channel,  I get the error code and have to exit the app and reload it.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

@Charkbites​ yep same with me 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_ehmjye Have you tried any of the troubleshooting that have been listed in this thread? It looks like some users have had success with resolving the issue. Can you let me know what troubleshooting you've already tried as well as exactly what is happening with your Stream app and what type of device you are using to access it?

2 Messages

2 months ago

I was watching the Xfinity Stream App this morning, came back from lunch and know I get the error code TVAPP-00148.  What could have happened in less than an hour

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here