Playback issues with dvr streaming recorded bravo shows

Shows freeze half way through on my iPad 

when will you fix 

none of the solutions posted wok 

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, and thanks for reaching out on our Forums page in regard to the streaming issues you're experiencing with Bravo shows through the app. I know the importance and convenience of being able to watch your recorded content through the app and on the go, so we definitely want to help!

To confirm, are you having this issue when watching recorded Bravo shows on your cable box? Have you attempted to see if you experience this issue on any other mobile devices? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAmira​ I am experiencing the same problem with my roku.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Inhave been having this issue on my iPad for months! As soon as I fast forward past a commercial

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yes, same here.....and mostly with Bravo recorded shows on my ipad.  I can watch my home DVR with no problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAmira​ I'm experiencing same problem with my roku..it only does it when I'm using my roku! When Im Watching on my phone or tablet on xfinity app, it works great!!also only does it when I fast forward!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your Roku device. You have reached the right place! I can definitely see how this issue would be frustrating while you are trying to fast forward. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps at all? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue with streaming on mobile devices, not on TV in home.  Streaming will freeze, but you can still hear the audio as it continues to play.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_23b877. Can you give me more details on your issue? Is it only DVR playback and not live TV or on-demand? Does it happen on every device? Does it happen on Wifi and cellular?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Is there any update on how to solve this issue?

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_d3bfff Thank you for reaching out. Are you seeing the same issue with only the Xfinity stream app? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have been having this same problem for at least 4 months. You record a Bravo show on your DVR. You got to watch it on your iPad thru the Xfinity stream app and you can get through the first segment. Then the picture freezes, but the audio continues. Every single bravo recording does this.   I am ready to cancel all my Comcast accounts, because I am so disappointed with how this problem is not getting resolved. Comcast is charging us for a service that does not work. I have visited another forum on here & read from a Comcast rep that they were made aware of the problem. In the meantime it was suggested that users log onto Comcast through the internet and watch bravo recordings there instead of the app. Same problem. Please stop suggesting this resolution to users as it does not work. 
Comcast, this is not just my problem. There are more forums with complaints with this exact issue. I have also verbally spoken with other people I live by that have the same issue. You have many disappointed and frustrated users. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello there @TBoos thanks for contacting our Xfinity Support Team on our Forums. I appreciate you sharing this additional information and your experience with the DVR issue and Bravo. Please send us a message by selecting the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with your address.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Seriously, this is so frustrating. I pay far too much to have this issue. What is the problem? And why has it not been resolved by Xfinity yet? Clearly there is an issue here!!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I see I am not the only Comcast/Xfinity customer dealing with this issue. For months now I have been having issues with my dvr recordings on the bravo network. Whenever I am watching a recording of a show on bravo and I try to fast forward through the commercials an error message pops up saying there is an issue with playback and offers me the option to watch on demand. I then have to start the show all over and watch scenes I’ve already watched because I can’t fast forward with on demand. This is very frustrating and a huge inconvenience, especially paying the amount I pay for your service. This seems to be an issue that has been going on for quite sometime now, something should have been done by now to resolve this. 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

I would like to assist you with looking into the issue your having with the recordings on your DVR.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am following up on the ongoing issue I’ve seen many others also have [per the forums] which is that the Xfinity app pauses and stops playback of Bravo tv shows at approx the 40 minute mark. It appears this has been an issue for over 4 months now (per my experience but also based on dates of others’ comments in the Xfinity forums). What is the status of Xfinity getting this fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings, @user_af1157! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're still having these issues with Bravo recordings, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live session.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here