P

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 3:47 PM

Closed

PBS Passport App

Why doesn’t Xfinity have the PBS Passport App? Wonderful family programming with terrific PBS shows!

I had Directv and it was available-I switched to Xfinity and it is really baffling it’s not offered!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and more than happy to help out in any way that we can.  PBS definitely offers lots of quality content, most of which is available through our Xfinity Stream app.  While we may not be able to offer access to their app due to exclusivity rights to other providers, we do offer access to lots of their quality content through our platforms.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ 

Are you even familiar what PBS Passport is?

You mean to tell me that PBS Passport has “exclusive rights” with others (DirecTv) but NOT Comcast/Xfinity? Why not?!! You have EVERY other app available for paid subscription services (HBO SHO Disney+ Hulu etc)and why would you not want PBS Passport as IT IS an app for a SUBSCRIPTION entertainment network just like all the rest you do carry! I am extremely disappointed in this company.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@Pears5 We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we understand how important it is to be able to access the content you love. At this time we do not have the option to offer the PBS Passport app. PBS can be contacted for all the ways you can access their app. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityJennifer​  I guess I will have to find another provider that offers the PBS Passport App.  It seems I had this app in the past, but no longer. What's wrong with xFinity, that you can't add this app? I pay plenty (almost $200/.month) for my xFinity subscription but it's not giving me what I want. So I will look elsewhere.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Our content teams are constantly working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible. In some cases, certain factors such as licensing or contract agreements prevent us from carrying particular television episodes, series, or even channels. We’re always evaluating what we offer as our customer’s needs change, so this content may become available in the future.

You can send us a suggestion online. Your feedback helps us reevaluate the channels and programs we offer.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@PFRNC​ 

Same here-- no 2 ways about it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Wish passport was available!!  Crazy that it isn’t!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Does seem like quite a shortcoming that PBS Passport not available.  As you brought access to Apple TV+ recently, hope you can also offer this through Xfinity someday soon.

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

I am happy to pass that along for you! We are always looking for ways to add extra entertainment to our services, so we are happy to pass it along! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Dear XfinityJosephB - Did you pass the request for PBS Passport app along to the correct internal department, and what was the response?  Like all of the others requesting Xfinity/Flex to add the PBS Passport app, I don't understand why you don't have the PBS Passport app already.  Please respond.  I am a long standing contributor to PBS and will willingly reach out to them on this topic, too.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Well-stated!

This 'flex' pkg will be disconnected in a day in our home. 

No PBS Passport= No 'flex'.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I would also like to add my frustration that I can't access my PBS Passport account now that I'm on xfinity. What can we do to help move this in the right direction?

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

We can help and look into your channel concern. Please send us a private message. 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Where do I find the  the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I recently upgraded my service only to find that the PBS Passport application had disappeared. No notice. No warning. One day available; next day not. This might have influenced my decision to renew my PBS membership and my upgrade had I known Xfinity would no longer be providing this option. Considering how many terrible and redundant programming options are available, it is very disappointing to find that Xfinity opted to discontinue a valuable Public Broadcasting Service application. Is anyone at Xfinity willing to offer up a name and address of a specific person I can write to at Xfinity to express my disenchantment with this decision? Who pulled the plug and why?

And why wasn't the person I spoke to in technical support even advised? After some searching around, he simply said, "I guess it was retired." Bad communication to both your employees and your customers. Thanks for listening.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_fd2687​ 

I had the same experience. I had the PBS Passport App and it was suddenly dropped over a year ago w/o any notice or explanation. And then Xfinity asks us to contact PBS for alternative access!  I think  the PBS App should be included for the $200 I pay Xfinity monthly. I pay PBS for that privilege just like I pay Amazon Prime.  

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Great question about PBS. Thank you for asking it. 

It's simple in our home--if this 'flex' thing can't link us to PBS Passport, we're OUTTA here! 

There's no logic in the reply. 

Of course PBS wants its subscribers to have access. 

C'mon, Xfinity! I bet half of you were raised watching PBS! 

PASSPORT is the adult version of all that, and we donate to have access to it!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

We too were very surprised and disappointed that the PBS passport app is not available on Flex. It is our primary channel, so the Flex isn't much use without PBS.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

We received the box when we moved to MA from out of state in spring. Just now got around to trying it.

Someone at Xfinity doesn't understand how important PBS is --especially these days!

I'll look up the head office address when I have time & let them know we're returning this piece of equipment --unless they can connect w/PBS soon.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_283664 and thread. We appreciate your feedback about PBS Passport. We want our products to be a good fit in your home and offer all of the apps that you enjoy watching. The request link is above in the thread to reach out to the team directly that makes those decisions. I encourage you to take a moment to fill that out if you have not done so already. We also submit the feedback on our end on your behalf. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We want the PBS Passport App. Will be switching back our Roku if PBS is not available.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

What they said. Agree, with each comment about access to the PBS Passport app.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know you would also like to see the PBS Passport app added to our service, @user_ed6734. We have that submitted on our end. We also encourage you to fill out the form to Request a Channel or Other Content Be Added to Our Service. That will also go directly to the team responsible for making those types of decisions. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I too am looking for a new provider as I am a PBS subscriber and want access to Passport.  Very, very disappointed that Xfinity doesn't offer this option.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I to am very, very disappointed that I cannot access PBS Passport app on Xfinity.  I have been an Xfinity account holder for sever years but will be shopping for a new provider.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am so disappointed and annoyed that PBS Passport cannot be accessed through xfinity. I guess I will have to figure out how to "cut the cord" since y'all don't want to provide a unique and much loved app, while you have numerous repetitive nonsense apps.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Come on xfinity add the PBS passport. How hard can it be. Roku did it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have landed at this post also because I am a "Passport" member and can't access PBS through Xfinity. I do have access to PBS Passport through another smart TV in our home which doesn't use the XFinity box but am annoyed that I don't have access through all TVs in the house. I suspect Comcast wants to charge people for access to channels and therefore doesn't provide access without paying for a package of channels. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here