suesheba's profile

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Wed, Jul 28, 2021 10:32 PM

Lip Syncing problem on Firestick app

I saw a similar post, and was told that there had been a solution.  I did not see a solution, just some questions.

Anyhow, I am using the Stream app on the Firestick.   I recorded an AMC program and the audio and visual are totally out of sync.  This has never happened before when I've recorded this same program.  I have multiple Firesticks and they are acting the same way.  All of my other recordings are fine.  This happened a month or so ago with a CBS recording.  I had never had a problem until then.  This same program does not have a problem when I view it using the website or an Ipad.  It is only with the Firestick app.  I have reset the Firestick, cleared the cache and reinstalled the app.  Nothing has fixed the problem.  

Responses

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.6K Messages

2 m ago

Most newer televisions have a lip syncing option. It is most likely under the "Audio" menu.

Use the tv remote to handle this.

suesheba

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 m ago

This only happens randomly on a few shows.  There isn't any problem with lip syncing on 99% of the recorded programs. 

Official Employee

• 

220 Messages

Hi @suesheba , thank you for being an active part of our community. I hope your day has been fantastic so far! Since this is only happening on a few specific shows/channels let me investigate a little further. I appreciate the time you have spent making sure it is not an issue that could be fixed easily with a few basic troubleshooting steps. What is the show? Is it a specific episode? I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
suesheba

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

It was on two shows. I haven't had it happen again on the same show.  I'll repost if it happens again.

Official Employee

• 

186 Messages

Thank you for that update! I happy to hear it has not happened again. Please keep us posted on any other incidences that may occur or any changes. We're available on our Xfinity Forums 24/7.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

I have noticed the same thing on multiple Firesticks and multiple DVRs. (Xfinity just had me update my DVR to a new model and the problem still persists).  I am currently seeing this on Magnum PI recorded 7/24 and Miracle Workers recorded 8/03 as well as numerous recordings in the past.  If it makes any difference it does seem to be more common on unusual channels like TBS or AMC.  I don't think I could watch any of the Walking Dead I recorded via my firestick because of this issue and had to watch them on the TV directly connected to the DVR.  

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same issue.  I have an Insignia tv with built-in firestick.  When watching a pre-recorded show on ABC General Hospital it is out of sync and I can't watch it at all.  Is there a fix to this?  I can watch on my laptop and everything is fine.

suesheba

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

16 d ago

Now it seems to have gone from an occasional problem to a consistent problem.  EVERY program I have being streamed using the Stream app on the Firestick has a lip sync problem.  No other apps have this problem.  I don't think you can call it a Firestick issue.  It's an issue with the Stream app on the Firestick.  Unwatchable and unusable.

Official Employee

• 

452 Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely understand how irritating it is if the audio isn't lining up with the video. Nothing like watching something that looks like a badly dubbed video. :( I would love to look into this further and go through some troubleshooting steps with you to help resolve this concern. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support".

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

suesheba

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

13 d ago

Have the fixed this?  My programs appear to be better. 

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

I am happy to hear this issue is no longer occurring! Every now and then I find myself running into the same issue if I leave the application or device using the Stream app running for too long and typically get the issue resolved with a quick power cycling by unplugging the device completely from the power for a minimum of a full minute to restart the device manually. 

Have you experienced this issue in the past or was this the first time this issue has happened?

New to the Community?

Start Here