C

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 25, 2022 2:12 AM

Upgrade for this experience.

Xfinity app is not working for me. I just moved my services to a new home. Every time I try to login it shows me an error message that says “to access xfinity, you’ll need to upgrade your service/equipment”. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling: does not work. clicked upgrade now: takes me to a page where I choose my address, I chose it, then it took me to some page that says I don’t have access to… tried to sign out and sign in multiple times but does not work either. 

Official Employee

• 

444 Messages

4 m ago

Hello @Cmestre17! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. That sounds like it could be a User ID issue. I'd like to take a look at the account and see what I can find. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have the exact same issue. Also just moved. What is the solution?

XfinityRaul

Official Employee

• 

692 Messages

Hello, @Aberhannu1. It appears your profile may still be linked to your old account. I'd like to confirm this by reviewing your account. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

12 d ago

I’m having the same problem. I can’t use the app to manage my Wi-Fi because it’s telling me I need to “upgrade” even though I just moved and bought a new modem so my roommate can work from home better. 

Official Employee

• 

88 Messages

Hi there, @user_4055a8 I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are going through due to the error message you are receiving, advising you to upgrade your modem. Can you please DM me your full first and last name along with your full-service address so that I can assist you further with your concerns.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 d ago

same problem here. can’t get it to work i just moved too

XfinityAaron

Official Employee

• 

689 Messages

Hello@user_082cac. It has been some time since you reached out. Are you still having issues our were you able to get them resolved? -Aaron

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 d ago

I’m having this issue as well. I clicked “Upgrade Now” and it told me I have the most up to date devices. I’m not understanding why tho sis happening. I’m simply just trying to set up an XFi pod.  

Official Employee

• 

854 Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We definitely want to help you with getting your xFi Pod set up. Are you having this issue just on the app or on the website as well? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 d ago

Same issue here, haven’t been able to use the new equipment I got at all

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

Hi @user_e6c300,

In order to use the Xfinity App, you would need a modem rental in order to take advantage of all the cool features our xFi Platform provides. Do you currently use a modem rental or owned personal modem device? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here