Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, November 26th, 2022 8:04 PM

Closed

port forwarding not working.

I followed the instructions here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

It appeared to work yesterday, but since then, it has stopped working. I turned on the advanced security and got a bunch of security events. I wonder if that caused it to stop working. Not sure.

Since then, I've factory reset the xFi gateway and it still doesn't seem to work though. From inside the network, I can reach the non-privileged ports connecting to the WAN IP, but from outside, no ports.

Is there a way to re-enable the port forwarding on the xfi gateway itself? It appears that it can be configured only in the App. I've configured it in the app and even tried enabling DMZ. Doesn't matter. Just doesn't work.

Appreciate any help. Oh, and I've tried tech support. I've asked to escalate also. I still get people that don't even know what port forwarding is.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I figured it out. It was DHCP. the node needs to take a DHCP whenever the lease expires (mine was 1 hour even though the UI shows 2 days.) I ended up getting another gateway and setting the xfi into bridge mode. Sad that it has to be this way. The xfi gateway has very good hardware.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_eb56af Hi there, thanks for the post. The ticket is the best way to get that figured out for you. I would like to look more into that ticket for you though. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. 

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

•  Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJodie​ hi my internet went out yesterday and closest date for tech is 1/04 so I won’t have internet for almost 4 days and csr just gave me 20$ credit how much am I losing in my job a day is there anything you can do or shall i just get new internet service from att today so I won’t lose my job over it. Comcast is big company they should have tech for these kind of situation to fix these problems same day not week or day’s after

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJodie​ when i go to my network the only option i see is to share it no more button is visible?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_eb56af. This in an old thread that is being closed. Please make a new post in our customer service area with specific on your issue. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for letting us know about that. 

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I had the same problem and purchased my own (approved) Motorola gateway. Even with this new gateway, port forwarding DOES NOT WORK. It has to be something being blocked above the local gateway by Xfinity.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@richardberthao​ Any progress on a fix for you?

I bought a Motorola MB8611 from Amazon and I'm unable to activate port forwarding. I bought the Motorola because Comcast told me I had to replace my modem. This Motorola MB8611 was on their list and available quickly from Amazon. Port forwarding had become intermittent and unreliable on the old modem when I get the email early this week that Comcast wanted me to replace the modem, so I did that. Now port forwarding doesn't work at all. 

All the documentation I can find on port forwarding seemingly only addresses the use of the Comcast owned (and rented to a customer) modem which I will not do.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Are you sure that you can't get the port to forward if you just reset the networking on the device? That's what I did - just set IP reservation on the xfi and then reset the networking on the host and it would pick up the same IP from the xfi again and port forwarding would work again. I chatted with another person that said they did everything and couldn't even see the device to forward to. I kept the Xfi as my modem because I need the unlimited data. The Xfi is a decent piece of hardware. Just bad software.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Port Forwarding not working

I have tried for weeks to get Port Forwarding to work. I spoke with 2 Support reps that got frustrated and cut me off. One said google it the other just hung up.

spent money on software hoping to fix the problem, but nope. The devices needed are not showing in the list tho running on the Network. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @Bigsargesfcp! We hate to hear this has been your experience. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?We're happy to help!

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

This has been an ongoing issue for years now. I personally have been having this issue for almost a year. Had the gateway replaced for that reason. Started to work and now 5 months later doesn't again. Get rid of the ridiculous app and put the control back in the gateway like it should be.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@user_cb92fd Are you attempting to set that up on an Xfinity modem or your own modem? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here