S

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 9th, 2022 3:44 AM

Closed

XR15 pairing TV and Receiver

Hello I have an LG OLED G2 TV (code 12731) and a Bose Soundbar 700 (code 31933). I have tried over and over to pair both simultaneously and cannot seem to figure it out. I can get one or the other to work using either code, but one always deletes the other. My hope is to have the volume buttons on the xR15 remote controlling volume on both simultaneously. I have tried using the walkthrough for pairing the remote to both devices (A then remote setup) and have reset it and tried manual setup of Bose receiver first and Tv second. No luck at all! Please someone tell me there is a way!!!  Yes my TV sound output is set to both TV and output device. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there @Seamandrew! The soundbar should connected to the television. Follow the directions found in the tv manual. Then when the tv is turned on, the soundbar will turn on too. The tv menu controls what speakers, headphones, etc. are being used for television.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ hello and thanks for the reply. Sorry if I was not clear. The soundbar is connected to the TV via Optical digital audio cable. I can hear sound from both. The problem is the xfinity XR15 does not control the volume for both the TV and the sound bar simultaneously despite being asked during setup to pair the tv and an additional receiver. It pairs the TV and once I pair the sound bar, it no longer controls the TV audio. So if I mute sound, the sound bar goes quiet but the TV sound still comes through. There has to be a way to control both simultaneously? 

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Great questions! Our award-winning Xfinity voice remote is absolutely able to be programmed into a soundbar. But please keep in mind that your XR 15 remote is operating as a universal remote and is not the originally manufactured remote of your soundbar or your tv. With that being said only one preferred source is able to be controllable by your remote at any given time. This is why you are currently having difficulties connecting both devices simultaneously. I found a great 3rd party website with more information on this that I think you should take a look at. Please visit https://hometheateracademy.com/program-an-xfinity-remote-to-a-soundbar/ for some helpful tips and hint on how to make the most out of your home theater.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

So the xr15 is not able to work with both a tv and receiver?

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

2 years ago

I have a Sony tv and Bose 900 SB and I also have pairing issues with XR15 remote. Basically when powering off using Comcast remote the TV comes back on. Tried all CEC Options with Bose 900 using the Bose App. Only way to get it to work to only pair the remote with Sony tv and skip when the x1 menu asks me to pair with Audio system. So when I power off with xr15 yes it works but when I use the volume up and down buttons on XR15 I see the TV volume Levels on the TV screen which is a little annoying. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have a similar problem in that the xr15 will turn on both my Sony receiver and LG tv but when I go to turn them both off it will only turn off the receiver. I can control my volume through my receiver though.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

That is an odd issue to be having with your devices while trying to use the XR15 remote, @dubrowns. Have you had the chance to run through setup for your remote with the help of this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes to see if that will properly pair them to turn on and off properly while being able to adjust the volume as well? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here