Tek's profile
Tek
Chatterbox
Rousing Repartee
Crafty Conversation

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

Fri, Aug 23, 2019 6:00 AM

XiD Boxes Disconnecting Once Per Week

Starting about 3 weeks ago and happening about every week and half like clock work my Pace XiD X1 boxes all disconnect. We wake up in the morning and have the following message:

"Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please tighten your cable connect and then restart your TV box, which can often fix this." RDK-10000.  All my connections are good as I checked them the last time this happened. 

 

The only option is to restart, which brings you through the WELCOM TO XFINITY message and then lands you back on the error message after several minutes. 

 

I have a XG1v4 DVR connected to 2 XiD boxes. The I have the XG3 Xfinity Gateway. 

 

The ONLY thing they fixes this is if I go to the main DVR box, which is working perfectly when this happens, and issue a SYSTEM REFRESH via the help menu. Once it finishes everything is back to normal. Sometimes for a week or more.  I read in another post that rebooting your Cable Gateway for Moca works, but in my case that will not fix it. Only refreshing the main DVR box works. 

 

I noticed a few more posts on the forums lately about this. I also noticed we recieved a newer version of the guide. Since these boxes have worked for sometime without issue and nothing has changed in my house, it would seem this is a software change?

 

Also, it only happens overnight. We never lose them during hours we are awake.

 

Suggestions? I don't want to go swapping all my equipment and find out this is a known issue. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Tek wrote:

Starting about 3 weeks ago and happening about every week and half like clock work my Pace XiD X1 boxes all disconnect. We wake up in the morning and have the following message:

"Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please tighten your cable connect and then restart your TV box, which can often fix this." RDK-10000.  All my connections are good as I checked them the last time this happened. 

 

The only option is to restart, which brings you through the WELCOM TO XFINITY message and then lands you back on the error message after several minutes. 

 

I have a XG1v4 DVR connected to 2 XiD boxes. The I have the XG3 Xfinity Gateway. 

 

The ONLY thing they fixes this is if I go to the main DVR box, which is working perfectly when this happens, and issue a SYSTEM REFRESH via the help menu. Once it finishes everything is back to normal. Sometimes for a week or more.  I read in another post that rebooting your Cable Gateway for Moca works, but in my case that will not fix it. Only refreshing the main DVR box works. 

 

I noticed a few more posts on the forums lately about this. I also noticed we recieved a newer version of the guide. Since these boxes have worked for sometime without issue and nothing has changed in my house, it would seem this is a software change?

 

Also, it only happens overnight. We never lose them during hours we are awake.

 

Suggestions? I don't want to go swapping all my equipment and find out this is a known issue. 


swap out one of the xid STB for an XG2. the XG2 will provide the tuners/internet for the remaining xid STB. that will give your DVR the full 6 tuners to use for watching live and recording programs. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

@Tek wrote:

Starting about 3 weeks ago and happening about every week and half like clock work my Pace XiD X1 boxes all disconnect. We wake up in the morning and have the following message:

"Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please tighten your cable connect and then restart your TV box, which can often fix this." RDK-10000.  All my connections are good as I checked them the last time this happened. 

 

The only option is to restart, which brings you through the WELCOM TO XFINITY message and then lands you back on the error message after several minutes. 

 

I have a XG1v4 DVR connected to 2 XiD boxes. The I have the XG3 Xfinity Gateway. 

 

The ONLY thing they fixes this is if I go to the main DVR box, which is working perfectly when this happens, and issue a SYSTEM REFRESH via the help menu. Once it finishes everything is back to normal. Sometimes for a week or more.  I read in another post that rebooting your Cable Gateway for Moca works, but in my case that will not fix it. Only refreshing the main DVR box works. 

 

I noticed a few more posts on the forums lately about this. I also noticed we recieved a newer version of the guide. Since these boxes have worked for sometime without issue and nothing has changed in my house, it would seem this is a software change?

 

Also, it only happens overnight. We never lose them during hours we are awake.

 

Suggestions? I don't want to go swapping all my equipment and find out this is a known issue. 


swap out one of the xid STB for an XG2. the XG2 will provide the tuners/internet for the remaining xid STB. that will give your DVR the full 6 tuners to use for watching live and recording programs. 


So I have had non-stop service issues since November 2018. I do not care to get into them, but they were all outside my house. 

 

During these visits they finally sent a SENIOR XFINITY Tech (not a contractor), which was sent by the local supervisor, and they insisted I should not have the XG1v4 with two XG2s, which is what I had. They insisted I remove the XG2s and install these XiDs. For months I had no issues. It all seems to have started since the last software update. 

 

I am paying $250+ for cable and the service issues at this point have my wife and I discussing the switch to FIOS, which my neighbor has and has no issues. Executive Offices are involved locally, but it is a endless slew of network failures and I can't keep making a car payment for cable.

Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

Another support community for Comcast told me my splitters installed by Comcast should be replaced. This splitter has a bulletin with XFINITY to replace them for X1 because they don't work right with X1. Is this true? A photo of my splitters is attached. 

 

Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

Interesting. Is that powered? It looks like an amp.
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

It is a no loss amp, takes the place of your splitters. The boxes need to communicate back and forth using moca and if there’s something in those splitters that’s impeding that moca connection, you will see the issue that your original post is about. There are other causes, but that’s the main one. Not necessarily a splitter brand issue rather than possibly the splitter itself.
Is your modem’s moca light on or off?
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

I have a XG3 by Arris gateway. I don't see a MoCA light? Last time I happened I reset the gateway. Didn't fix it. Only executing a System Refresh from the main DVR fixes.
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

The light is on the rear by the coax connection, should be off.
Refreshing/resetting is fixing it because it’s re-establishing that moca connection. The gateway has nothing to do with your X1 equipment unless you have wireless boxes
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

What do I disable when I login to the gateway?
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

I just looked mine is a TG1682G. So it should be off? If it is on, what does that mean?
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

I will be able to check soon. Of it is on can I shut it off by logging into the directly to the gateway or should I call internet support?

Any feedback on the splitters?
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

Yes you can

There’s nothing wrong with the splitter brand but with as many outlets as you have, I would have installed the amp posted earlier
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

2 y ago

If it’s on, it’s possible that the modem’s moca is interfering with your boxes.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24K Messages

2 y ago


@Tek wrote:
What do I disable when I login to the gateway?

MoCA or just make it easy on yourself and get the new xfi gateway/modem as it has a working MoCA hub and is on all the time (keeps your xg1/xg2 from having to serve as a MoCA hub).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

MoCA light is off on gateway so it appears that's not the issue.
Tek

Problem Solver

 • 

630 Messages

2 y ago

At one point in time my boxes showed in the xFI gateway as connected. I had posted about it then but everybody noticed the same thing.

New to the Community?

Start Here