CFosterKane's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, September 26th, 2021 8:05 PM

Closed

Xi6 or XG1v4?

I have an Xfinity Arris cable TV box that is not 4K.  My new TV is 4K.  Through the Xfinity chat line I asked for a box that would let me watch 4K.  I was sent an Xi6, which looks to be more for the Flex plan.  I cannot see how the Xi6 box can replace, or even piggyback, on to my existing 1080p cable TV box.  I can find nothing quickly on the Xfinity support website, or Youtube, that addresses this problem.  I'm guessing I really should get the Xg1v4 cable box to replace my existing box, and not the Xi6.  Unfortunately none of the 4K hardware is available in Comcast stores anymore.

I'd appreciate any advice or help.  Thanks in advance.

P.S. is there any way to transfer the DVR recordings on my old box to a new box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

3 years ago

@CFosterKane

Thanks for posting your experience! Our team can help get you the right equipment and discuss any options or questions you might have! Can you please send us a private message with your full name and service address? To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityMartinB I did exactly as you said eight days ago - so far I have received nothing from you or anyone else, at least that I can find in Xfinity Support or my Xfinity email. 

Where is your or someone else's response to my direct message?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Did as instructed - still waiting after 8 days for any reply of any kind from anyone at Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there! We did respond to your private message requesting information, however, we did not get anything back. We apologize for the miscommunication. We would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page! Search for Xfinity Support, if needed. Talk to you there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Where do I find your response to my private message? Good think I am not in a hurry.  I clicked on the Direct Message link on this webpage and all that is there is my original query.  Also, I do not understand why you don't answer to my preferred email, a Yahoo mail address, that is clearly listed in my profile.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

We don't ee any direct messages. If you sent one to a specific employee we do not see those as that is not how our system works. Let's try again and we can get you a 4k DVR box. 

Make sure you are signed in.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

I just went through something like this myself after purchasing a new 4K OLED TV.  I requested a new 4K X1 box and was sent a new higher speed modem and an Xi6 wireless box.  I didn't want wireless for this application, so I simple took the Xi6 to my local Xfinity store and swapped it out an XG1v4, the wired 4K box.  Only took a day to do the swap and installation.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Thanks, but I tried that in October and my local Xfinity store said they no longer stock boxes and I had to do this online - I guess I should have learned by now not to expect any real support from this company.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here