U

Friday, June 28th, 2024 10:40 PM

xi6 box won't boot

A few days ago, my working Arris Xi6A TV box at home (secondary TV box) showed a solid orange light on the front. I power cycled it thinking it would clear the light. However, now it doesn't boot up at all. My primary TV box works fine. Some symptoms:

- TV was blank, no startup welcome screen.

- TV showed "no HDMI signal" error.

- No lights on the TV box.

I tried a few troubleshooting steps:

- Power cycled it many times

- Swapped the HDMI cable

- Swapped the AC adapter

- Connected to Ethernet instead of Wifi

- From the Xfinity app, I went through the troubleshooter.

Nothing worked. I believe it suffered some kind of unrecoverable hardware failure.

How do I get a replacement Xi6 TV box sent to my home? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

6 Messages

2 months ago

By the way, the primary TV box on my account is an XG1v3. It's working fine.

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

user_ongcj2 Hello, are you still having issues with your TV box?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Thanks for responding @XfinityVictor.

Yes, I'm still having this issue. The box is unresponsive, won't connect over Wifi or Ethernet, won't pair with my XR15 remote, and there is no HDMI output. It seems like an unrecoverable hardware failure. Is there any way to replace the box without cost?

Official Employee

• 

457 Messages

The quickest way to exchange the equipment would be to bring in the box and power supply to a local Xfinity store you can use this link to find a location nearest you: https://www.xfinity.com/local/store-offers

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

Thanks @XfinityJoe However, I read in another post (https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/xi6/6578f7f7e4ada53451921d33) that replacement Xi6 boxes were not available in retail stores. These had to be ordered by a representative via a direct message and sent/mailed to the customer. Can I do it this way?

Official Employee

• 

792 Messages

user_ongcj2 we can absolutely look into potentially replacing equipment for you on our end. Please send a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here