mas01's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 1st, 2024 4:58 PM

Closed

XG1V4 Issues

I have a XG1 V4 Box and an LG TV using 4K resolution.  A few months back I was having an issue every night at about 9PM, within a 15  minute window, where the TV would show no signal and then go to blue screen.  Sometimes I could clear it by removing the HDMI cable from the cable box for about 30 seconds.  Sometime I would have to reboot the box.   I finally had a dispatch out to change the box and the problem stopped for a few months.  The technician told me there have been lots of problems with these boxes and wanted to put a back level box in even though I specifically asked they come out with a new XG1V4 box.  I insisted  because the back level boxes do not do 4K; the technician found a box in his truck and was able to put it.  There is something very odd happening with this box.  The XG1 is not readily available at Comcast stores and technicians don't have them in their truck, not to mention numerous problems posted with this box.

Now I am back to the same problem again which happens every day now between 5:30 and 6:00 PM.  HDMI CEC has been turned off on the the TV;  Power saver is off in the Xfinity settings;  resolution is very nice while it works 2160P 60Hz; HDMI Cables have Swapped out; and HDMI ports have been swapped out.  The TV has no issues when on my Apple TV or other inputs, just on the Comcast XG1 Box. None of these changes solve the problem.  This is a pervasive problem that Comcast has with this box and all I see in these posts is the same rhetoric of basic trouble shooting.  I have seen that customers with other model TV's are having the exact same issue.  Does anyone inside Comcast have a handle on this issue?  Is anyone in Comcast working with the box manufacturer on this problem? This is a big problem causing many customers to cut the cord and get away the the X1 services.  This is a problem for engineering and not customer service.  Can we get some help on this please!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

9 months ago

Hello there @mas01!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We're so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are having a top tier experience with your service.  No worries!  We're going to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can take a look at things for you. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

I have the same issue....xg1v4 becomes unresponsive daily.  I have replaced it no less than 5 times and still have lock up or unresponsive box until I power cycle it.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, user_kqei88, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with your box. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting. Have you checked all of your wiring? Has all the wiring also been replaced? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

6 months ago

@mas01

Turning off Power Saver on the XG1v4 does not turn off HDMI-CEC, which is a separate setting.  That's the one that causes issues with some receivers and TVs. 

I had ongoing issues with my DVR becoming unresponsive after changing inputs on a Denon X3800H AVR.  Turning off HDMI-CEC on the X1 box fixed that problem. 

I have two XG1v4 boxes paired with two different Denons.  Both boxes work fine with the older Denon, even with HDMI-CEC turned on.   And both boxes freeze up with the newer Denon when CEC is on.  So, it seems to be an issue with how those X1s respond to specific CEC commands from the newer AVR.

(edited)

1 Message

3 months ago

I had this issue at a clients house awhile back and, just like you, I could not resolve the issue with settings in either device. I ended up installing a 1x2 HDMI splitter between the TV and cable box. I honestly didn’t expect it to work but it did. I’m convinced it was a hand shaking issue originating from the cable box and not the TV. I hope this helps and it wasn’t just a fluke that it worked. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here