U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 8:01 PM

Closed

Xfinity remote setup instead of my Vizio remote

How do I get my xfinity remote setup on my Vizio TV? The Vizio remote is already setup on it now. I don't know how to switch to my xfinity remote? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

How to control on/ off to my Vizio tv using my XR2 remote also vol. with my tv box 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_3e84cb. Is there a reason you need an XR2 as opposed to an XR11 or XR15 voice remote? Just wanted to make sure as those models work better with most TV's. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us today. Our awesome team will be happy to help. Are you trying to use your Vizio remote to control both your TV and cable? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

The other way around, I want my Xfinity remote to pair with the Vizio TV remote, so I have control in my Xfinity remote

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I will be more than happy to help get the remote paired up with you, @user_2c4dce. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have been trying to pair my Xfinity remote with my new Vizio TV remote. I have been through 5 different techs, live people, and had a home visit last Thursday. 

The tech got the pairing, but it only lasted until 30 minutes after he left. The Vizio remote controls on/off and sound.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here