U

2 Messages

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 9:36 PM

Closed

Xfinity live sports glitching - unwatchable!

Since the beginning of this football season (a few weeks ago), I have had constant issues with live sports broadcasts glitching when streaming from the Xfinity app to my TVs. I have tried multiple TVs and multiple channels with the same issues. It is not an issue with other broadcasts from these channels or with commercials during the live sports broadcast. It is a problem both for pro and college sports programs.

I have done hard resets and power cycled everything (TVs, modem/router, phones) for good measure, with no improvement.

It does not seem to be an issue when viewing the broadcast on my phone, only when streaming. I have Xfinity Internet. I have been an Xfinity customer since about 2016 and this has only become a problem recently.

I am wondering if the Xfinity software etc. is having a hard time with the newest HD format of sports broadcasting.

Since many other people seem to be having similar issues with sports broadcasts, I am wondering if Xfinity will push an update to resolve this issue soon. I certainly hope so. I would hate to lose an entire sports season because of this glitchiness. It really makes the games unwatchable.

Looking forward to any helpful information that can be provided.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you so much for being an Xfinity customer and for reaching out, @user_m1scvi! I'm so sorry you're having issues watching sports. What are some of the networks you're seeing this happen on? Also, is this only NFL content or is this happening with other Sports?

1 Message

We are also having this issue. Very frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_l5s13y Thanks for taking the time to contact XFINITY over our forums page for help with the video streaming concern. As a huge sports fan myself, I understand the frustration that is caused when trying to watch your favorite game. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We are the right team to contact for help. Let's get this fixed. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address, so we can troubleshoot this further. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Happens with every single Flyers hockey game for the amount of money paid each month there should be no issues ever, it is impossible to even see who is skating let alone see the puck, how is it that difficult to have a company who's sole purpose is to provide TV service and they can't stream a game live?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

user_hvdxmt I'm sorry to hear that! Is this happening through the cable box and the Stream app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

1 year ago

I totally agree this is a problem that has started in the last few weeks, on all espn channels, pac12 network, red zone, etc.  It never seems to be the commercials or non-sport broadcasts, just the sports broadcast.  Comcast please listen to the complaints and address this.  

1 Message

Agree. Same issue. Definitely happening with premier league soccer on USA network.

1 Message

the NFL network is glitching nonstop and all my other channels are fine

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_v9ci76 Hi there, this is just with the Stream app? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

11 months ago

Having the same issues in Burlington County across all sports broadcasting networks...what are we doing xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_58jk8s Thanks for reaching out! What sporting networks are you having issues with, and have you done any troubleshooting with the Xfinity app recently? Here is a link that may help: Fix Your TV Service Using the Xfinity App

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

Sunday Night Football on NBC is terrible.  Anything that is red or bright orange in the background, when looking at normal speed, shudders and looks glitchy. So, yard markers, red helmets, people with red jerseys in the stands, etc.  I don't get it.  And I tried this on both my Samsung TV and Sony.  Its only Sunday Night Football, and NBC.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 months ago

@XfinityAntoine​ I am having similar issues.  It's happening right now as I write this on the NBC broadcast of Sunday Night Football between the Eagles and Dolphins.  It has also been happening with the TBS broadcasts of the Phillies postseason games.  The picture will "skip" or "stutter"; not constsntly but several times a minute, often enough to be annoying. It doesn't happen at all during the commercials. 

1 Message

@XfinityAntoine Same problem today (and this season) of frequent freezing signal during college and NFL games, but never commercials. (Seahawks game was really bad today on Fox) Asked my in-laws & also friends who live in other suburbs in Portland, Oregon area and they are all having the same issue. Please address!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@mtownsend144 Thanks for meeting us here in our community. Have you attempted any troubleshooting? You can make sure your coaxial and HDMI connections are secure/finger tight? Have you restarted your cable box?

Official Employee

• 

789 Messages

Can I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Messages

11 months ago

I am having this exact issue too! It seems to be limited to live sports broadcasts and is incredibly aggravating. We are also having occasional issues with our internet, where service briefly drops out, so we lose zoom calls, etc. Comcast just replaced our modem, but it doesn’t seem to have fixed it. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_sjap70, Thanks for reaching out and letting us know you're having an issue with live sports and connection drops. I use Zoom as well and understand how important those calls are for work. Have you checked to make sure all the connections to the modem and wall outlet are finger tight and secure? Are you watching through your cable box or streaming through an app? 

2 Messages

All the connections are tight. We’re watching through the cable box. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_sjap70, Thanks for confirming for us. Have you had a chance to unplug both your cable box from the wall outlet and unplug your modem. If not can you perform this task and plug in your modem first. If you have a router, splitter etc. connected please unplug it as well. Which channels is this happening on? 

2 Messages

@user_sjap70​ Same here!!! SO ANNOYING! I'm here in the Bay Area in California.  The glitching ONLY happens on live sporting events. . .any sport any network! They've sent a technician to our home.  They've done trouble shooting over the phone. NOTHING has helped!!! Xfinity needs to fix this!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @Dixon.Art647, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We're sorry to hear that your live sporting events are glitching. We'd be happy to look further into your issues. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

Also having this issue…support keeps giving me the line that it may be due to the # of devices I have…except I don’t have this issue streaming any other time. It’s only watching football. Thursday nights on Prime, NFL on YouTubeTV, college on ESPN, doesn’t matter. Makes watching sports infuriating. I’ll test our speed and it will jump from 1mbps to 40-50mpbs randomly. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@kadieomalley Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. Just to clarify, you said this is only when watching football. Are you using our X1 cable box or X1 Flex box to view it or streaming directly from a smart tv or smart device. If it's a smart device or TV please let me know the make/model of it. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

11 months ago

I am also having this issue, NFL football games and commercials during the game only. We just had a new line from the street not long ago. This just started at the beginning of football season. 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I’m having a problem today with football games on fox looking like a movie instead of a football game?? Anyone else have this issue?  Thanks

2 Messages

The Colorado vs Arizona game on right now 11/11 on Pac12 network is completely unwatchable. It is glitchy worse than it ever has. I did a troubleshooting through the app and it says the problem will be resolved in two hours. Game will be close to over by then but hope it is resolved by the Niner game on Sunday. May have to get YouTube TV if this keeps up. Glad I wasn’t having a watch party. Guess I will listen on the radio today. The sound is also really off on this broadcast as well. This only happens on LIVE telecasts. Fingers crossed it will work out. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_l8wdof Thank you so much for letting us know you are having issues watching the Pac12 network. Are you also streaming from the Xfinity Stream app or web portal? You mentioned this occurs on live events are you noticing that this is only the Pac12 network or are you seeing this issue with other channels when watching live events?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same is happening to me right now.  11/13/23.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, sorry to hear you are having issues. Happy to look into this for you! Please send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT.

1 Message

10 months ago

Having the same issues, ESPN, fs1, nbc.  All live sports are glitching!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_da8f7z! Are you seeing this issue occur on one or multiple cable boxes in your home? Do the glitches stop when the game cuts to a commercial break, or do the issue happen during the commercial breaks too?

2 Messages

10 months ago

This issue is beyond frustrating. No amount of troubleshooting works. Literally hours on the phone, explaining again and again. I'm done with xfinity stream.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @robduz, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the streaming, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same here!!! The glitching is SO ANNOYING!  It ONLY happens on live sporting events. . .I'm talking any sport on any network! They've sent a technician to our home.  They've done trouble shooting over the phone. NOTHING has helped!!! Xfinity needs to fix this!!! I am in San Jose, California. This has been going on for MONTHS!!!! We've called several times to get this issue resolved. No one at Xfinity seems to be able to fix this glitching during live sporting events issue.  

(edited)

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same happens for me, but on Sunday Night Football on NBC. As I noted, anything that is red or bright orange in the background, when looking at normal speed, shudders and looks glitchy. So, yard markers, red helmets, people with red jerseys in the stands, etc.  I don't get it.  And I tried this on both my Samsung TV and Sony.  Its only Sunday Night Football, and NBC.  

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_n4nip9 we definitley want to ensure that you can enjoy your services with us at all times! Do you watch NBC outside of Sunday Night Football, or are you only watching during that time? If you are watching NBC for other content, do you notice visual issues with those as well? Have you done any troubleshooting on your end for this? If so, what steps have you taken?

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

10 months ago

Taking the X1 off a surge protector cured pixelating for me.  Don’t know why.  No cost trying.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

OPDooper1, Thank you for sharing your results here at Xfinity Support. If you need any assistance, please let us know. 

1 Message

8 months ago

Same exact issue here in Happy Valley

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here