Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

@ggibson864 wrote:

I checked and the HDMI port is set to Enhanced 4K.  I tried the Comcast supplied HDMI cable and it still does not work.  I guess my next step is to to get a new HDMI cable and try that.

Also not mentioned in your original post, did you change the default 720p video display to 2160? 

Xfinity button to Gear symbol to Device Settings, scroll down to Video Display, press OK, and choose the resolution. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

HDR is not active on the DVR. Could be a future addition.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I purchased a new HDMI 4K cable with HDR support and rebooted everything and I now have 4K Netflix but no HDR.  Is the Netflix HDR not active yet?  It does work using my internet connection.  Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi MNtundraRET. We are currently deploying the XG1v4 via self install kit. These are available in limited quantity. You can learn more about this box's 4K capabilities here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/

Also, please let us know if you're interesting in upgrading to this. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

7 years ago

ComcastJoeTrue:

I really don't need the box until Comcast has 4K offerings over linear cable.

I can get Netflix directly over my DSL optical cable to My Samsung 3D UHD curved tv. I have absolutely no problems watching You Tube, You tube Red, and Amazon Prime for 4K, 8K, HDR.

Why would I want to deal with your 4K box for now?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

Off topic

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

7 years ago

No. I was under the impression that XG1v4 replaces the X1 box. That is the only piece of equipment I have from Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

7 years ago

Since the 4K box is running faster, does that mean the approximate 5 second delay and black screen when switching between a MPEG 2 channel (CBS in 1080i) and a MPEG 4 channel (ABC or FOX in 720p) has now been solved with this new box? This happens on my Cisco RNG 150N box, and others.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

No. As mentioned earlier those commands are under "voice control" only at the present time.

Re-read the post regarding the XR15 remote, it's the replay button that was removed. And that you CAN use voice commands to skip back and forth but you don't have to. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Cydeweyz wrote:

Can the Pg buttons on the new remote be used for skip forward and back? If not, can the old X1 remote be used with this 4k box?

Yes the PG up and PG down still skip forward and back. It was the replay button that was removed. The old X1 remotes work fine too. Your choice.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

7 years ago

Is the “no” answer to both questions?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

7 years ago

No. As mentioned earlier those commands are under "voice control" only at the present time.

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. Sounds like I’m ready to upgrade. Do I call to order a self install kit or can I pick it up at a Comcast office?

Contributor

• 

75 Messages

7 years ago

Can the Pg buttons on the new remote be used for skip forward and back? If not, can the old X1 remote be used with this 4k box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

7 years ago

Comcast Andrew:

I re-read the earlier reply as you suggested. The voice command would allow changing time interval for skipping.

The other buttons you mention would work for the set interval. They were not mentioned. I stand corrected.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here