Spokane44's profile

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 24, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

758 Messages

5 y ago

installed my XG1v4 last night

 

I have a 2015 Vizio M43-C1

 

4 Hdmi outputs are 4k @ 30Hz

 

1 is 4k @ 60Hz

 

I should use the 60Hz hdmi & set resolution on the box to 2160p60 right?

 

Box is way faster than my xg1-A. But about the same speed as an xiD.

 

So it solved my slow main dvr problem.

Guide looks crisper, picture looks a little better.

4K netflix looks just as good as the native netflix app.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.4K Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:

installed my XG1v4 last night

 

I have a 2015 Vizio M43-C1

 

@4 Hdmi outputs are 4k @ 30Hz

 

@1 is 4k @ 60Hz

 

I should use the 60Hz hdmi & set resolution on the box to 2160p60 right?

 

Box is way faster than my xg1-A. But about the same speed as an xiD.

 

So it solved my slow main dvr problem.

Guide looks crisper, picture looks a little better.

4K netflix looks just as good as the native netflix app.


yes since you can't set the box to 'native'. on the YouTube app are you offered the 4k versions? (showing that YT detects 4k capability)? 

MNtundraRET

Expert

 • 

5.3K Messages

5 y ago

To clarify Rusty's question; When you open the You Tube app there is a Category title line just below Search field.

 

The field begins with Recommended and about 5 or so categories to the right is: 4K. That field will not show up for televisions that are not identified as 4K televisions.

 

The problem is that if you don't a fast enough broadband on your home network, or too many people using it, your 4K television may not be identified as 4k. It might be a cable-box issue if everything else checks out okay.

AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

758 Messages

5 y ago

In the Netflix app, the top row shows all the Ultra HD 4K options, but under the title details above, it still says HD.

On my Vizio Netflix app, it says Ultra HD 4K under the title description.
cldlhd

Regular Contributor

 • 

482 Messages

5 y ago


@MNtundraRET wrote:

To clarify Rusty's question; When you open the You Tube app there is a Category title line just below Search field.

 

The field begins with Recommended and about 5 or so categories to the right is: 4K. That field will not show up for televisions that are not identified as 4K televisions.

 

The problem is that if you don't a fast enough broadband on your home network, or too many people using it, your 4K television may not be identified as 4k. It might be a cable-box issue if everything else checks out okay.


I'm not seeing the 4K option. The cable box recognises the tv as 4k and gives me the 2160p/60 option and I just ran a speed test on my laptop and got 239 mbps down.

AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

758 Messages

5 y ago

So am i getting netflix in 4k or is it an xfinity netflix app error?

Vizio input resolution info shows 2160 on both xfinity & vizio netflix

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

5 y ago

I too was told to go pick one up at local office. They did not have them. BUT, I found an employee there that said one could be ordered for me and picked up at the store at no charge. Most employees in my store knew nothing about this box. Ask for a supervisor. Love the 4K box.
AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

758 Messages

5 y ago

I didn’t say anything about Youtube.


Unless you replied to the wrong message.

I asked about Youtube 4K awhile ago.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.4K Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:
So am i getting netflix in 4k or is it an xfinity netflix app error?

Vizio input resolution info shows 2160 on both xfinity & vizio netflix

so far I don' think Comcast has said on the YouTube mega-thread that it supports 4K, Maybe 4k for Youtube is a future upgrade.

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:
I didn’t say anything about Youtube.


Unless you replied to the wrong message.

I asked about Youtube 4K awhile ago.

What is your video display set to?

CCAndrew

Gold Problem Solver

 • 

25.9K Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:
2160p60

That's correct, try power cycling the box to see if anything changes.

AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

758 Messages

5 y ago

2160p60
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.4K Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:
I didn’t say anything about Youtube.


Unless you replied to the wrong message.

I asked about Youtube 4K awhile ago.

I accidently clicked on yoru post instead of @cldlhd's post.

AAXXAA

Contributor

 • 

758 Messages

5 y ago

Power cycling worked. Now showing as Ultra HD 4K under the title description in Xfinity Netflix app.

Anybody elses xg1v4 spark like crazy when plugging it in?
Like im welding something lol
MNtundraRET

Expert

 • 

5.3K Messages

5 y ago


@adammusic22 wrote:
Power cycling worked. Now showing as Ultra HD 4K under the title description in Xfinity Netflix app.

Anybody elses xg1v4 spark like crazy when plugging it in?
Like im welding something lol

That should not be happening. Are you talking about sparking at the outlet when plugging the cord in? If the box is sparking, unplug it and have it replaced. Do not use it!

 

It might be a loose wire in the outlet. Turn off the circuit-breaker for the outlet and check the wires connected to the outlet, or call a electrician.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here