Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Posting to enable PM function.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Posting to enable PM function

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

4 years ago

Not really sure about this box being so reliant on the internet for everything. Our internet is down now and can’t do or watch anything with this box can’t change channels or watch live tv since it needs internet to work and my team has a pretty important game on Monday night football.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Posting to enable private messaging.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

Long time Xfinitycustomer. Need to swap out a box that's a XiD X1. Looking for (1) ARRIS XG1v4 as I already have (1) ARRIS XG1v4 in my home but with 2 (4k) 70 inch TVs I want the hdr and better output the other one. 😀

Was wondering if you can just send me a self install kit for this one box so I don't need to go to the store and do it with return labels to send my old one back. Not looking for xi6 as my modem is in bridge mode anyways. Is there any reason why I can't have two ARRIS XG1v4 since you guys now charge the same price for box rentals since converting over to cloud dvr. I shouldn't be charged twice for dvr correct as the ARRIS XG1v4 is also a dvr but my only option for 4K hdr besides the xi6 which I don't want. 

thanks so much I'm listing people below that have always helped with issues in the past without sending pm's. 

@ComcastPhil 

@CCPhill 

@ComcastJessie 

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

Not sure moving my post without saying anything helps me. I know you have them in stock but to move me to a post that's 2017 w/o saying is top notch. This is not 2017 with limited boxes available anymore 

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

Calling now to see it's never worked before or always a hassle 

edit : they wanted to charge me a fee to ship it of 15 dollars not worth it. I guess I will have to make the long drive over now since limited help here 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Posting to enable PM function. Thank you Comcast Team!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Posting to enable pm.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a 4K set and I think I will consider getting the 4K box.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi@ComcastJessie

I would like to request an ARRIS XG1v4 

My family and I are being driven crazy by my current DVR box fan noise (XG1-P). Everything else we LOVE.

How do I go about getting a self-install kit?

Thanks!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I would like to get the XG1v4 box.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

New Poster

•