Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

I placed my order via phone rep, and was able to add TV service to my exisiting internet and phone plan. 

I have three TV's total that need to be connected, all 4K, and I was told by the CSR that only the DVR box is 4k while the other two boxes will be HD only. Is this correct? I was under the assumption that all boxes would be 4K ready (similar to Dish and their 4K Joey's). 

*The CSR said he requested a 4K DVR in the notes section for the install. 

Any help or info? Thanks in advance. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@Hunterward17 wrote:

Hello - I just purchased a 4K tv and do not have a box that works with 4K. Who can I reach out to to replace my HD DVR Box with a 4K Box that supports DVR.

Thank you,

Hunter

do you have a local Xfinity store? you can swap there in a few minutes. the recordings do not 'transfer' (existing) but you can run a menu option to sync DVR when you install the new DVR. (the cloud will have the most recent 60 hours of recordings that will be available on the new DVR until they are removed by new recordings.

Not all local xFinity stores have the XG1v4 available. Mine has not had these DVR units for several weeks. I would suggest you call first to verify that your local store has inventory. Here is where you can look-up the phone number for your local store.

Link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/service-center-locations

Dave

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@ComcastAlly  PM sent. Thanks. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@dave006 wrote:

I am trying to get a replacment XG1v4. My XG1v4 failed last Monday after about 1.5 years of great service and I went to my local Xfinity office last Tuesday to exchange it for a replacment.

The rep said that they have not received any XG1v4 units for weeks and did not know when they would receive more units. She provided me with a XG1-a that will not even reach the initial Startup to pair with the new X15 remote or even display the initial Welcome message. I tried 2 different TVs that both work with a Pace Xi3 STB (small & easy to move back and fouth for testing) that I used to verify that problem was the XG1-a and not a HDMI cable or the remote or the COAX drop.

Dave

I have escalated your issue on 8/10 and again today 8/13 to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

@Rustyben thank you for your assistance. I heard back from @CCElla via a PM yesterday, she had been on vacation since last week. Today is part of her scheduled weekend so she asked @ComcastAlly to contact me via PM to complete my request for a XG1v4 DVR Self-install kit.

@ComcastAlly got the XG1v4 DVR ordered today so I am all set.

Dave

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

@the5rivers wrote:

I placed my order via phone rep, and was able to add TV service to my exisiting internet and phone plan. 

I have three TV's total that need to be connected, all 4K, and I was told by the CSR that only the DVR box is 4k while the other two boxes will be HD only. Is this correct? I was under the assumption that all boxes would be 4K ready (similar to Dish and their 4K Joey's). 

*The CSR said he requested a 4K DVR in the notes section for the install. 

Any help or info? Thanks in advance. 

In addition the the XG1v4 DVR supporting 4K content, the Arris Xi6 wireless STB also supports 4K content. So for your 2 additional TVs you would need a Xi6 wireless STB to view 4K content.

I see that @ComcastAlly has responded to your post via a PM.

Dave

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hey All, 

If you need a new 4K DVR now, let me know via private message and I'll ship ya one. Just need your full name.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

SkyRacer_1 got your PM. Thanks for posting! 

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Posting to enable PM function

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I just got a 4k tv.  How do I go about upgrading from my XG1v3 box to a XG1v4?

Thanks, 

Thomas Daly

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Please send me the XG1v4 box. Thank you!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, Anon42327 and Maximilliant! I'm happy to help with getting a 4K DVR box. Please send me a private message with your first and last name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Would also like to get a UHD box. No idea why I didn't get it when my account was set up.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just bought a 4K TV and I have XG1v3.  How do I upgrade to XG1v4?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Can I request a XG1v4?

My DVR is old, and it has been acting oddly for a year or two now.  Half of the LEDs in the clock are burned out so it's impossible to tell the time or read any box messages.  I have to restart or refresh at least once a week, and the menus will freeze fairly often (I can sometimes "wake it up" by simultaneously pressing the Guide and PageUp buttons.

I was wondering if I could exchange the old DVR for an XG1V4 DVR.  I live in Portland, Oregon.  I could bring the old unit to the Sandy Blvd location for the exchange.  I presume that there would be no increase in my monthly Comcast fees.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

Yes; take it into the servicecenter for exchange.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here