Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

When I returned my other box, the CSR confirmed the equipment we have and we now have two DVRs.  With whole house DVR, do I really need two DVRs?  I'm surprised he didn't bring this up.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Mike20878
You can have as many dvrs as you want to pay for. There’s a $10 difference between dvr and non dvr

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

I went by my service center yesterday morning and picked a box up.  Hooked it up and everything is working great.  Now, how do you find 4k content?  I found some in Netflix by scrolling around, but is there a way to search for content on cable?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

That's the thing, if I don't need it I don't want to pay for it.  We have whole house DVR so it seems like a waste of money to have a second DVR.  This only became an issue since getting the 4k box.

Our DVR has been located in the basement since a tech moved it there a while ago.  I would think a regular box would suffice.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Mike20878 wrote:

That's the thing, if I don't need it I don't want to pay for it.  We have whole house DVR so it seems like a waste of money to have a second DVR.  This only became an issue since getting the 4k box.

Our DVR has been located in the basement since a tech moved it there a while ago.  I would think a regular box would suffice.

may of us have more than one DVR to add more space (hours on the cloud DVR) for recordings. they act together like one unit. if you have other devices that are not an Xg2 then the device uses a tuner from one of your DVRs to watch live TV which reduces the number of tuners available to record programs. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I need to replace my current x1 stb with one capable of 4k uhd and hdr. I currently have a sony ubp-x700 working great with my TCL 55" 4k UHD with HDR. The streaming apps are all working great.

My DVR x1 stb, model PAD201194150, is limited to HD 1080p 60. I would like a box with similar functions, but with all the 4k goodies. Is the XG1v4 the box I need? Is there anything newer that would work for me?

I will PM joe to see about getting one.

Thx

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to replace my PX001ANM model set-top box with an XG1v4 model. Please advise.

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

5 years ago

@jfurbush wrote:

I would like to replace my PX001ANM model set-top box with an XG1v4 model. Please advise.

It says "

Can I request a XG1v4?

Yes, please author a new post in this forum requesting one. We are happy to send you a Self Install Kit."

So now you've posted, you just wait for a rep to contact you.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hello:

I would like to switch my existing X1 DVR box for the 4K model (XG1v4 box) with a self install kit or in-store pickup.

let me know what else, if anything you need that I can provide to help

Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to request an XG1v4 self starter kit.  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

may of us have more than one DVR to add more space (hours on the cloud DVR) for recordings. they act together like one unit. if you have other devices that are not an Xg2 then the device uses a tuner from one of your DVRs to watch live TV which reduces the number of tuners available to record programs. 

Wow, very interesting.  Thanks for that tidbit.  That's pretty awesome.  Especially for a family of four filling up the box.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello jfurbush. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with getting an order placed for our XG1v4 for you. I received and responded to your private message. Let's continue via Private Message. Thank you. 

Please know that sending unsolicited private messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums, is a violation of Forum Guidelines

Silver Problem Solver

• 

11.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hi BD404, thank you for reaching out and welcome to our forums.  I can help you with an XG1v4 if available, could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, I am a new customer and was sent a XG1v4 to replace the standard box from installation by @commcastMichael. My questions are 1) Will I lose my recordings or are they in the cloud? 2) Do I need to reset all my favorite channels and preferences or are those stored in the cloud. Before I plug in and activate I wanted to know and couldn't find the topic covered in the help.. Thanks Alan

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello,

My older x1 box is suffering from the audio drop outs and I just purchased a 4k tv. Please contact me about exchanging my current box.

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here