Spokane44's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Called Xfinity and asked about the availability of XG1v4 cable boxes at my location (WA state), which has the capability to stream 4k content through Netflix.  Was assured, with repeated confirmations, that they were available to the local service store, would just have to bring in my existing cable box and exchange it.  Bought a nice LG OLED TV, upgraded my Netflix account to receive Ultra HD, and took my box down to the local service center for exchange, per customer service direction.  You can probably guess what happened next - "sorry, we don't have any 4k boxes, don't know when we will".  Anyone else been misled by the Xfinity garbage customer service?  Went online to see what lies they convey on their website regarding this matter, and found this:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/uhd-4k-faqs/   More misleading BS.  Wanted to warn anyone else potentially in the same situation as myself not to believe anything you are told or read about the availability of XG1v4 boxes; go to your service center first to confirm.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hello mgravelyn. Thank you for private messaging me and ordering a new XG1v4.  If you still need other assistance feel free to send me a private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Hello,

I'd like to replace my existing DVR with the XG1v4 since I have a 4K TV now.  I tried going through chat feature but it won't connect me to a live person. What is the exact proper procedural way to request one without getting lambasted, please?

Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi MIT1991, glad we were able to get that ordered for you. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums! Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you need any further help, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would also like to upgrade to an XG1v4 box.  I currently have a Pace XG1, and the fan is on constantly - even when the device is on standby.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

5 years ago

Hi capitals2018. I can help with placing an order for an XG1v4. The process is typically you create a post with your request (like this one). That post creates a ticket in out internal system. Then a member of our team will work your ticket (in order of received) and will reach out to you to ask you to send a private message.

I received and replied to your private message. Let's continue our conversation via PM. Thanks! 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hello, I’d like to reach out about getting an XG1v4 as well. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

83 Messages

5 years ago

The XG1v4 is not wireless. The Xi6 is wireless.

I got rid of the Xi6 recently and just learned of 4K boxes recently. The Xi pixelated too much.

The XG1v4 is connected via coax.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like to swap my X1 DVR for a XG1v4 if possible? I just bought a 4k TV.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@seansed wrote:

I would like to swap my X1 DVR for a XG1v4 if possible? I just bought a 4k TV.

Thanks!

do you have an xfinity store near you? the model is an xg1v4 and is much smaller and has only an LED in the middle front (no clock). cable channels are still in 720p format but some internet apps do offer 4k.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, I'd be happy to upgrade your current DVR to the xg1v4. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just received a DVR from a local store for new TV service yesterday, however after self-installing I realized I was not given a 4k capable box. I would like to upgrade to the XG1v4 Box.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

I just received a DVR from a local store for new TV service yesterday, however after self-installing I realized I was not given a 4k capable box. I would like to upgrade to the XG1v4 Box.

tjt486, you've come to the right place! Shoot me a private message with your full name for help.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi there,

I would also like to switch my existing DVR for the 4K model with a self install kit or in-store pickup, let me know what else I can provide to help

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

cmorgan910 Hi! I'd be happy to send you a 4K box or I can let you know if your nearest service center has them in stock. Just shoot me a private message with your full name. Click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Mike20878
Say 4K using voice commands
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here