CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

10 years ago

Same problem in Maryland, I don't even call anymore. Waste of time, even when you get someone to answer.

Rick

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

We are having the very same problems, slow response, no picture at times and no sound at times, can't change ch. at times and this is going on with 3 of the 5 tv's that have the X1 boxes that were just installed this Tuesday.  It seems from reading these responses this has been a major problem for at least a month or more and "NO ONE" with comcast gave us any indication there was a problem going on with the X1 boxes.  I have been on telephone hold for over 6 hours in the past 2 days the wait time has run from just over an hour and when they transfer you over to the X1 service department I have wated over 2 hours and twice was disconnected once we start discussing the problems and even though they confirmed my telephone number " JUST IN CASE" we got disconnected they could call back "AND THEY NEVER DID EITHER TIME".  If that is customer service Comcasts CEO needs to be looking after business not congradulating himself for making comcast a multi billion dollar business.  They also bundled my home land line phone in the package and at 11:00 AM this morning my lane line service is out and my internet service was also in the package and it was out for over 2 hours as well.  We now have a service rep schedule to come to our home Saturday morning between 8 & 10 .  In the 14 years I have been with comcast they have never, ever made one of those windows.

Robert - Charleston, S.C.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the X1 dvr and hd boxes since October 24th and the service is horrible. It freezes all day, every single day since i got it. I really hate the service. I will be switching back to the regular DVR service if Comcast doesn't fix the issues.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

We have been out since last nite, getting source is not connected , and weak signal, can't even connect to my hdmi cable. 

Does anyone have more than one x1 box in their house, we were told you can't.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I HAVE NO SIGNAL FROM MY X1 BOX TO MY TV SINCE 5:30 YESTERDAY, ALL CONNECTIONS, SPLITTERS, LINE ETC HAVE BEEN CHECKEDAND ARE OKAY-MY OTHER TV WHICH IS NOT A X1 BOX IS WORKING JUST FINE. I HAVE REBOOTED TO NO AVAIL...PLEASE HELP!!!

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@msdaisyr26 wrote:

It freezes all day, every single day since i got it. I really hate the service.

You have a number of signals that need to be corrected by a technician

---------

RobertCM

Your Upstream Receive is way too high

--------

Disnynut

Right now it looks like your DVR box is off.  But I did see in historical data the Upstream Transmit needs to be adjusted

----

All

Let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling the Trouble Call (TC)

Brandon

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

@utleyyatm wrote:
2 hours the tech has been in my home. I've been listening to the Jamaican Comcast technician argue with the Indian Comcast call center when he hasn't been on old. Tech claims the update just knocked my dvr off the billing and it just needs to be added. He laughed at the idea that I was on the phone for 3 hours the other day trying to get it fixed. I'm looking into FIOS while I wait.

dedicated x1 support centers are in usa (puerto rico is a backup but not well-trained they assume legacy type box questions)

877-896-8678

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

No service since 3 pm yesterday afternoon.    Unplug, replug, xfinity logo, then "this may take a few minutes".   Then blank screen.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Its been over 24 hours of this rdk-03003 error message and all i get is the run around from comcast they even said they wont credit me for not being able to watch tv guess i really need to check into dish or direct tv. I am over the x1 platform

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

2 hours the tech has been in my home. I've been listening to the Jamaican Comcast technician argue with the Indian Comcast call center when he hasn't been on old. Tech claims the update just knocked my dvr off the billing and it just needs to be added. He laughed at the idea that I was on the phone for 3 hours the other day trying to get it fixed. I'm looking into FIOS while I wait.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@ComcastBrandon wrote:

@Shayz2061 wrote:

I HAVE NO SIGNAL FROM MY X1 BOX TO MY TV SINCE 5:30 YESTERDAY, ALL CONNECTIONS, SPLITTERS, LINE ETC HAVE BEEN CHECKEDAND ARE OKAY-MY OTHER TV WHICH IS NOT A X1 BOX IS WORKING JUST FINE. I HAVE REBOOTED TO NO AVAIL...PLEASE HELP!!!

You have 2 X1 boxes in your house.  One is the DVR hub, the other is a 150 satellite box.

I'm assuming you're referring to the XG1 DVR box.  The box is currently online.  The signal levels look good too.

When you reboot the box, do you see the Xfinity loading screen?  Keep in mind the DVR box has 3 HDMI ports in the back.  Only one (the vertical one) is active

I see nothing but a blank tv screen there is no signal going through to the tv-I even changed the hdmi cable and no change

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@Shayz2061 wrote:

You have 2 X1 boxes in your house.  One is the DVR hub, the other is a 150 satellite box.

I'm assuming you're referring to the XG1 DVR box.  The box is currently online.  The signal levels look good too.

When you reboot the box, do you see the Xfinity loading screen?  Keep in mind the DVR box has 3 HDMI ports in the back.  Only one (the vertical one) is active

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

@Shayz2061 wrote:

@ComcastBrandon wrote:

@Shayz2061 wrote:

I see nothing but a blank tv screen there is no signal going through to the tv-I even changed the hdmi cable and no change

all is well have signal

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Robert I had to use component cables instead of hdmi cables I tried two different sets and both ports on the tv and X11 box. I did speak to someone who said the hdmi ports on my tv are bad. They weren't bad before the outage . I have to see if I can get another play station or something to see if it is the ports on the tv or the X11 box . But for now at least I can watch tv. Thanks

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Our main DVR is working. But upstails box has been showing this error code for three days. Before that it would hang and not respond to remote almost daily. But now even a reboot gets nothing.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here