CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

7 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I agree! Comcast keeps adding screen fillers and  'fluff'  targeted at certain user demographics and they just won't address the universally used and now broken or removed functions that make up what should be a basic DVR experience for ALL. Would I rather have a choice in screen saver or be able to see a recording go away when I press 'delete now'? Really?

The recording is deleted, the listing is a ghost. This is not a new issue and not really a deal-breaker. you can refresh it by going to device settings, 'sync DVR'. They will eventually fix the problem, I'm sure.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I agree! Comcast keeps adding screen fillers and  'fluff'  targeted at certain user demographics and they just won't address the universally used and now broken or removed functions that make up what should be a basic DVR experience for ALL. Would I rather have a choice in screen saver or be able to see a recording go away when I press 'delete now'? Really?

The recording is deleted, the listing is a ghost. This is not a new issue and not really a deal-breaker. you can refresh it by going to device settings, 'sync DVR'. They will eventually fix the problem, I'm sure.

You are preaching to the choir. Sorry I forgot to use the term 'ghost' delete. I am more than aware of how long its been around as a problem. You may feel that its a minor inconvenience but its a  big deal for many who use the DVR recordings list heavily and end up with entry after entry of 'ghosts' all the time. I have shows that leave a ghost every weekday.....'The View' for instance. Some of us provided examples to Comcast at their request last year but nothing came of it.  So tired of using 'sync dvr' to clear them up. And to make it worse when I try to delete another way by calling up the recording to use delete menu item I  get error message that says my DVR service is not available...REALLY? I am so tired of hearing 'eventually' when it comes to fixing long standing bugs.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

Yep, Fluff and more Fluff for the smartphone crowd. For whatever reasons we don't get the DVR we want and shouldn't have to expect. I long for the old frame by frame replay on critical football plays. However, it doesn't change the outcome when a ref makes a bad call and it stands. Oh well, to Comcast apparently it's "Much ado about nothing". To us users it's a DVR that doesn't have the capability of a VCR.

One step forward, two steps back.

Bruce Springsteen

The spell checker on the forum is still non-functional !!!! Try it and see.   Skool daze ! (it didn't flag Skool !) DUH !

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@jrlorentz wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

'Sync' has never worked for me to clear out the ghost deletes.  They only go away after a hard re-boot.

And yes, it is a siginificant issue to me as I try to determine which episodes of a series I haven't watched yet and which are ghosts.

Yep you are correct...its a mess sometimes to keep track . Syncing or waiting overnight does not always work and hard reboot is a last resort which we should never have to use to 'workaround' a bug.  When we say 'delete'....it should mean 'delete' and not been seen in the list........ ..period.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Yep, not a deal breaker.  And it's just one of a dozen issues that have "workarounds" that aren't deal breakers.  I bet most of us would gladly live with the workarounds if they would just spend their time upgrading the basic DVR functionality instead of new features, mainly fluff.

And the only reason all of these issues don't add up to one big deal breaker is because it's a monopoly and there are no other comparable options.

Why should we have to keep long lists of workarounds or tricks because they refuse to fix what they broke or what they removed on purpose.  I pay for things to work as designed....period.  They break a feature and we have to go out of our way to work around it? That probably makes them happy so they can move on to more bells and whistles knowing we are 'dealing' with what is broken. We are like lab rats and as we learn to do without or work around things they keep testing us. Comcast is just not paying attention to their core customers while they lure new customers with more kids programming, screen savers, voice remotes and more and more fluff. They have us by the you know whats and they know it.  Ghost deletes, skipping episodes, frame by frame, slo mo, recording buffer  and most recently having to have Net Flix to watch what used to be FREE On Demand for examples. I have one alternative but it would require quite a bit of work to get it into my house and hook it up and after their initial 'deal' its is a lot more pricey than Comcast. I am happy with Comcast service reliability and my triple play gives me many choices. I just want what I pay for and a fully functioning DVR  service is at the top of my 'gotta have needs' list. They keep giving me what I don't need or want and taking away what is truly useful.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

'Sync' has never worked for me to clear out the ghost deletes.  They only go away after a hard re-boot.

And yes, it is a siginificant issue to me as I try to determine which episodes of a series I haven't watched yet and which are ghosts.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@tctc wrote:

Yep, not a deal breaker.  And it's just one of a dozen issues that have "workarounds" that aren't deal breakers.  I bet most of us would gladly live with the workarounds if they would just spend their time upgrading the basic DVR functionality instead of new features, mainly fluff.

And the only reason all of these issues don't add up to one big deal breaker is because it's a monopoly and there are no other comparable options.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Anything on the Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movies from a usb stick.

Had several techs out new dropped lines boxes cables wires filters ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They say it isn't my TV which I already new but they can't find the sorse of the problem.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

@GregRaschke wrote:

Anything on the Sound cuts out every so many minutes gets annoying. Only happens with watching TV does not happen when using the Blueray or watching movies from a usb stick.

Had several techs out new dropped lines boxes cables wires filters ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They say it isn't my TV which I already new but they can't find the sorse of the problem.

Obviouly the spell - checker is still Kaputnickite. (The bad word monitor still works though).

Really, cause it looks like you spelled Kaputnickite just fine.

X1 apparently doesn't know that the NHL playoffs are a sport, so auto-extend is not enabled, or at least it didn't show up as an option for me yesteday...

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

@GregRaschke wrote:

Obviouly the spell - checker is still Kaputnickite. (The bad word monitor still works though).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

7 years ago

X1 apparently doesn't know that the NHL playoffs are a sport, so auto-extend is not enabled, or at least it didn't show up as an option for me yesteday...

Auto extend is automatic, note the message under the time. This is for tonight's Nashville vs Chicago

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:

Auto extend is automatic, note the message under the time. This is for tonight's Nashville vs Chicago

Cool, thanks.  I was setting up recordings on the web, didn't see that message there, or the auto-extend option.

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

7 years ago

38 old recordings from Aug and Sept of last year showed up in my list today. Cool. Sync DVR and a box reboot didn't get rid of them. Surprisingly they were in the cloud too, at least they were in the Stream app, which for some reason said my subscription changed and I had to reactivate my device. It seemed like they were real too, because it said 67% full. So I just deleted them all from the DVR and emptied the trash. First time anything like that has happened to me that I can recall.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

7 years ago

There is one glitch that I find somewhat irritating with the DVR. Sometimes when I am playing a series of recordings on the DVR I get a window popping up that gives me several choices to play the next episode.

1. Play DVR

2. Rent for $$$

Why would anyone want to rent a recording they already have recorded for free ? Seems superfluous to me.

How about a Comcast rep getting some action on the forum's spelling checker ? It doesn't work at all now.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

7 years ago

@BeowolfJones wrote:

There is one glitch that I find somewhat irritating with the DVR. Sometimes when I am playing a series of recordings on the DVR I get a window popping up that gives me several choices to play the next episode.

1. Play DVR

2. Rent for $$$

Why would anyone want to rent a recording they already have recorded for free ? Seems superfluous to me.

How about a Comcast rep getting some action on the forum's spelling checker ? It doesn't work at all now.

Based on the relatively quick responses to issues that have been fixed or have workarounds, I get the feeling that the official reps are restricted from talking about any open issues.  Which makes the forums a bit frustrating.  I can understand not wanting to talk about future products or enhancements, but bug fixes and restoring old functionality isn't exactly a worry for giving away trade secrets...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here