CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@jojooz wrote:

Background: About 3 weeks ago, we started losing service on our standard digital service (S0a000) - on both boxes.  A line tech (who happens to live in the area) saw the service call and stopped by the pole to check signal.  He indicated that he saw massive fluctuations and also went upline to the main box and found water in the box.  Once drained, the boxes immediately picked up signal.

We still - on one of the two motorola boxes - continued to received intermittant S0a000 errors with outages lasting anywhere from 3 hours to overnight.  The other one stabilized and did not go out at all.

Fastforward to this weekend - Tech came out to install upgrade service to X1  Also installed new splitter and lines. Worked beautifully for 2 hours. Then secondary box (HD started rebooting every 5-7 minutes.  All channels available, just frustrating reboots.) Two hours after that, secondary box starts pixellating and losing channels.

Chat with tech support online - S/N of box given. Main Box (HD/DVR) rebooted by tech support (I think in error but she says no) and then all issues transferred to BOTH boxes (pixelled channels, unavailable channels, all premiums struggle).  Secondary box refreshed (x2) - no change. Online tech says "our servers cant see the boxes".  Surprise.....no tech visit available until later this week (where we aren't available) but tech visit required.

Current Status:

Main Box (HD/DVR)- Over 1/2 of channels unwatchable or not accessible due to pixellations, or error codes XRE - 3062, XRE 3059 XRE 3056, and XRE 3062  All premium channels affected. Most won't tuen due to errors, the few that will are blocking/pixeling.

Specs Current on Main box - Tuner 1 SNR 26.9 , Power -18.2 , Tuner 2 Power -17.6 and SNR 27.5, Tuner 3 Power .0 / SNR 23.7, Tuner 4 -16.8/28.4, Tuner 5 -19.0 / 26.5, Tuner 6 0/25.5.

X1 Labs - Signal Strength "Low" (based on the numbers, yeah, I would say so)

Current - Second Box

X1 Labs - "Cannot detect Signal Strength"

Questions - 

1.  I requested a line tech to hit the pole an see what the strength is from there.  The previous line tech (from 3 weeks ago) told us to do this (he works weekends and is within 2 miles of here).  She indicated that it is a problem with our at the house (well...okay, since your tech who was here replaced everything...likely not).  How do I get a true Comcast maintenance line tech to run the lines to ensure clean signal?

2.  What are the likely causes of this type of issue (I have searched the forum - it appears that there are multiple things occurring and none may tie together other than bad signal being delivered by Comcast which the chat agent indicates is not the problem...yeah right).

3.  Any internal things I can try to correct?

this is primarily a user to user program. In many threads like yours the answer has been to contact comcast at 877-896-8678 for x1 support center. They can read the logs and signal levels and set up a service call if needed.

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

jojooz,

Due to your account of the local tech and your signal issues present on your tuners, the Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Contributor

• 

246 Messages

8 years ago

A STB that would output a 4K signal would be an upgrade to what is available now.  Letting a 4K TV "upconvert" a 1080p signal provides a very nice picture although it is not as good as inputting a 4K signal into the TV, with no "upconverting" necessary.

I have had a 4K TV for over a year now, and also have recently upgraded to a newer, higher end model of a Samsung 4K TV.  There isn't much available that will output a 4K signal, other than streaming from an app such as Amazon or Netflix, the very poor Comcast app on select Samsung models,  the expensive Samsung 4K Blu Ray player and soon the new xBox One S.  I look forward to the new and affordable XBox that should help to move along the 4K Blu Ray market.

As with the beginning of HD, 15 years or so ago, not all content was produced in HD.  Comcast and the other providers still came out with STB that would output an HD picture by "upconverting" the SD picture.  It still took a while for content to be shot in HD and for networks to broadcast in HD..  I would welcome a STB that would do the same for UHD.

With more and more people buying 4K TV's now, it is time for this service provider to supply us with equipment that will allow us to use the 4K TV's up to their capabilities, which is to be able to display a 4K picture, not just to use the TV to upconvert a 1080 signal.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Recently added X1 due to new association contract (5 tv's)....previously had a great picture, only for the tech. to advise me that my signal was unacceptable and needed an amplifier, new gray box on the outside and new wiring.

Tech worked for about 3 hours and was satisfied with the appropriate gain....... the only problem is, the picture is soft and severely lacking detail...... I adjusted each box to 1080i  and still the picture looks cartoonish......Short of calling a tech back out, is there any adjustments that I can make....thanks.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for helping........Is it imperative to change the picture settings with a change out of a box? The picture on all the tv's was exemplary prior to new implementation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for your input. However, it appears that the box default setting is 720p and all 5 TV's are 1080

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah I hear you .....  just can't wrap my head around how the old Comcast boxes give off such a beautiful picture..... BTW my Panasonic plasma and Sony 75 incher  have both been calibrated..... 

My line of thought is that there is a  weak link amongst the new equipment,  even though the tech was happy with the results. 

PS...... I was not home when everything was being installed. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I'm intrigued by your last suggestion and will  give it a try when I return home..... thank you very much. 

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Hey adammusic22 - it's been more than 2 weeks since ComcastPhill said he would arrange for outside maintenance to address your problem. Has that happened yet? Have things improved?

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

I was out of town for a few days, and when I returned, the blue light on my secondary box (XiD-P) was no longer on. I was concerned, but I turned on my TV, and my recordings all seemed to be there, including everything that recorded while I was gone. I have been able to use my box exactly the same as usual since I got home, including watching new recordings as they appear, and deleting stuff, but the light still is not on. Just now, I initiated a restart, and the blue light blinked during that, as it usually does, but once it was done rebooting, the light was off again. 

Is this a problem? It seems to be working otherwise, but the light used to always be on, so this makes me nervous. 

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

Check under Device Settings, Device Lights. The options are 1, 2, 3, and Off. I think all boxes have that, but I did just try it on an XiD-P. Maybe something happened and yours got changed to Off?

Contributor

• 

775 Messages

8 years ago

Comcast called me a couple times but I missed the call. I called them back like 5 times and nobody answers. Left a message and they never called back. So I gave up. Scrambling still exists on every baseball game. Most of the error codes have stopped. I dont know why they needed to talk to me to schedule outside maintenance. Im done stressing over it.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@adammusic22 wrote:
Comcast called me a couple times but I missed the call. I called them back like 5 times and nobody answers. Left a message and they never called back. So I gave up. Scrambling still exists on every baseball game. Most of the error codes have stopped. I dont know why they needed to talk to me to schedule outside maintenance. Im done stressing over it.

I've been told by several comcast techs on the phone and in person that some outside interference is causing my issues and network/maintenance needs to come out.  I was told tickets had been opened for them to come, but no one has ever shown up.  Local techs and supervisors have come and been up on the pole and worked on some things and replaced the drop, but as far as I can tell "maintenance" doesn't exist.  They now say the local "node" is fine.  Apparently it fixed itself.  Although at the same time I've heard there will be some work done in the neighborhood, guess we'll see.

Also, after 18 months of intermittent issues, the last tech to come to our house finally put on a mocha filter.  Apparently somehow we didn't have one all this time.  He was stunned.  So was I, after reading the forums and getting a lot of good advice here I had always assume we already had one.

Contributor

• 

206 Messages

8 years ago

MoCA, if interested: http://www.mocalliance.org/

Yeah they did not install one on my house either when I first got X1. I had to remind the installer. Smh.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here