CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

388 Messages

8 years ago

That bug is probably an STB bug and that's why the new XRE version doesn't fix it.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

I have 1.62.01 and I still have the "play the next episode" bug.

Who do I have to pay to get this fixed?  (ha...)

what bug is this?

When an episode in a series ends, if you say yes when it asks you if you want to play the next episode, it just hangs the whole system.

(Probably related to the autoplay next episode rollout, but that's just a guess.)

Regular Contributor

• 

496 Messages

8 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

what bug is this?

When an episode in a series ends, if you say yes when it asks you if you want to play the next episode, it just hangs the whole system.

(Probably related to the autoplay next episode rollout, but that's just a guess.)

that sounds frustrating. would love to hear andrew's input on that or another comcast rep!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

@tctc wrote:

what bug is this?

Send a PM to ComcastNeal with what you are seeing.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@CoreyD wrote:
That bug is probably an STB bug and that's why the new XRE version doesn't fix it.

that bug doesn't hit in the situation where the 2nd to be viewed asset is still being recorded. go figure. 

the 'ghost' deleted item still showing and displaying when selected "your DVR service is not available right now. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and should have your recordings ready soon' with no error message. ... is stll there too (multiple DVRs issue maybe?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@CoreyD wrote:

I don't really know what that means, but it makes sense, since I can see my STB timestamp is from Feb 3, and that's right about when it started happening.

That and the "pressing play when paused does nothing until you press it twice" bug both started around the same time.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

that bug doesn't hit in the situation where the 2nd to be viewed asset is still being recorded. go figure. 

the 'ghost' deleted item still showing and displaying when selected "your DVR service is not available right now. We are working to restore service as quickly as possible and should have your recordings ready soon' with no error message. ... is stll there too (multiple DVRs issue maybe?

I have had the ghost delete much less frequently lately, but still have it.  And only have one DVR.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

I don't really know what that means, but it makes sense, since I can see my STB timestamp is from Feb 3, and that's right about when it started happening.

That and the "pressing play when paused does nothing until you press it twice" bug both started around the same time.

i don't have that issue with XRE 1.62.01 and firmware 2.2p7s1 on arris equipment (3 DVRs)

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@tctc wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@CoreyD wrote:

I have had the ghost delete much less frequently lately, but still have it.  And only have one DVR.

One DVR and same ghost delete still alive and kicking. Thanks for posting the entire error message! Its a misleading error message because when the message displays the DVR service  is working just fine other than trying to delete a program. They need to change the darn message to only relate to the deletion issue.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

I don't understand how with 1.62 some see the 'next episode' bug fixed and others do not? Its either fixed or its not.

Regular Contributor

• 

388 Messages

8 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

I don't understand how with 1.62 some see the 'next episode' bug fixed and others do not? Its either fixed or its not.

I do.  Like I said, that bug is probably in the STB firmware and not the XRE ui software.  I believe that one of Comcast's biggest problems is that they have multiple box models out there and they are having a hard time getting the firmware to play nice across the board.  They should have a dedicated firmware version for each model, but I don't know if that's what they're doing.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@CoreyD wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I do.  Like I said, that bug is probably in the STB firmware and not the XRE ui software.  I believe that one of Comcast's biggest problems is that they have multiple box models out there and they are having a hard time getting the firmware to play nice across the board.  They should have a dedicated firmware version for each model, but I don't know if that's what they're doing.

I agree with you  and having different models makes it so hard to help each other (since we sem to do a lot of that vs Comcast helping us) when we have problems due to the STB model. Can't rely on any update to the software because what works for some doesn't work for all and NOT just on this particular issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

One of my X1 boxes keeps restarting itself every five minutes. I have tried all the standard troublshooting stratigies and nothing works. I have two other secondary boxes, though neither of them is suffering from this problem. I have also switched the location of the box throughout my house and it still restarts. Is there anything that I can do to fix this or should the box just be replaced?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Hi there,

I am not the greatest at understanding HDTV upscaling and etc... I have a pretty decent VIZIO smart TV (49in?) with decent HD capabilities, but I currently do not subscribe to HD channels.

I just recently swapped out my old motorola box for the new fancy pants X1 box (it is pretty legit, I might add).

However, I recently got the "this resolution not supported" message while flipping on my TV. I did some reading up and what I have gotten out of it is that I need to switch my output resolution from 720 to 1080? Well, I did that, still got the message. Turned the box off to back on, and the message disappears - thus, it is intermittent. I can't tell what looks better, keeping it at 720 or 1080.

My question is, since I do not have HD channels, what do I need to swtich my output to on my X1 Box for best picture with my SD channels? I almost feel like it looks fuzzier with 1080 output. Either way, I need whats best without getting that "unsupported resolution" message.

Any Help/Explanation? I'm a bit of a DIY gal, I'd rather find answers than just have someone do it for me.

Thanks

RT

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Rick,

I am a struggling college student that will cut out any expenses necessary - hopefully that clears up your lack of "understanding" as to why I do not get HD channels... Guess I am watching "dinosaur" TV.

Also, the picture is not fuzzy. I simply want the best picture possible given my options.

To answer your question, my X1 box is hooked up via HDMI cord.

RT

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here