CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

Off topic removed

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

8 years ago

Off topic removed

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

I have shows scheduled to be recorded. None of the shows show as recording on my main X1 DVR. But when I check on the secondary box I can see it being recorded.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Alex

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

I have shows scheduled to be recorded. None of the shows show as recording on my main X1 DVR. But when I check on the secondary box I can see it being recorded.

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Alex

I was able to fix the issue by powering down the DVR (no reboot) and restarting.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

8 years ago

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Is this a known issue?

Cheers,

Alex

Alex, unfortunately every release of new box software or back - end server software or all the above may or may not fix the myriad problems that we as customers have had foisted on us by Comcast's X1 design paradigm. I have commented many times that the choice to distribute the software across the set top box and back end servers was a bad idea. The slow/no response episodes everyone has been complaining about for years are the result of this design approach.  Any time the box requires a response or program segment located on the servers and fails to get the required action to work you get slow/no response from the box or in some cases the box appears to lock up. In frustration we users keep pressing buttons on the remote while we yell "Come on (supply your own expletives)".

I used distributed processing to great effect some years ago using Unix boxes, the mainframe and PC workstations but even a totally fiber optic network has a data limit.

Comcast programmers or the people in charge or both haven't ever successfully  worked out the bugs in their design scheme even though they have had a couple of years to do so.

I don't care if the problem is not enough servers or whatever. I expect the system to work properly and that is not something that is up for debate.

As I found more than once, sometimes you have to ditch a particular approach to solving a programming design issue and start all over from scratch. Comcast can't seem to stabilize X1 and only proceeds to provide us with monthly patches (STB versions, XRE versions) which we seem to be condemned  to suffer like Sisyphus rolling a bolder up a hill only to have it roll down and start all over again.

I would gladly put up with a slower box start up if all the functions the box needed were loaded and then the box worked properly and reliably like the old pre X1 boxes did.

Remember when you only rebooted your old pre - X1 box maybe once or twice a year ?  So it only recorded two shows at a time, but it had buffer recording, showed when a recording was interrupted by listing two recordings and never gave you this "would you like to view the next segment ?" nonsense then won't let you view the next part of your recording sometimes. The buffer let you record a show after the start and got the whole thing. Now we have to second guess what we want to record because we can only get the recording from when we press the button. This is not an improvement and adding more tuners doesn't remotely come close to making me feel mollified about the buffer recording loss. At one time or another I have had almost every funtion the box is capable of, refuse to launch or lock up the box forcing a reboot.

(Connecting to your X1 Tv experience)  Sometime this century please ! OOPs ! you missed ten minutes of the Superbowl, So Sorry !

If you had a PC that malfunctioned as much as X1 does you would get a new PC or a  better OS to run it.

X1 is a TV operating system and it runs like a real early version of DOS. ( Track 0 bad, disk unusable) (DVR service unavailable,  we are Blah, Blah, Blah and Blah). (Windows has encountered a fault in Kernel32.exe at EF0A:FB2C)  (Somethings not quite right call Comcast and mention RDK XXXX-XX) Yeah, Right.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

I am getting error 03095 when trying to access any OnDemand video.

Less than a week with Comcast and I have already encountered so many issues.

Alex

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

Just tried on the secondary DVR and was able to play the OnDemand video. But the main X1 DVR does not. I keep getting error XRE-03095.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

Just tried on the secondary DVR and was able to play the OnDemand video. But the main X1 DVR does not. I keep getting error XRE-03095.

call 877-896-8678 and let them check out your entitlements on that main DVR.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

8 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

Thanks Andrew! Love these additions as well as all the ones you listed in the prior post about 1.60

@CCAndrew wrote:

February 9, the Sports App for XFINITY on the X1 Entertainment Operating System was updated to include extras for NBA, NCAAB and NASCAR events. With these extras enhancements, customers can now view stats such as past winners, top scorers (NBA and NCAAB), track conditions (NASCAR) and more.

@scjohnson312 wrote:
Anything new in 1.60 Rustyben?

Mini Info Panel: Cast & Crew details added to the Mini Info Panel, which appears when users press the Info button on the remote while watching a program.
Appearing in Row: Role indicator added, so users can quickly find out a person's role (e.g., actor, director) in a TV series or movie.
X1 Tips: Action bar added to some X1 Tips, so users can jump directly to the setting or feature referenced.
Troubleshooting: Ability to send a link via text message to download the XFINITY My Account app.
Kids Zone: Ability to shuffle through related DVR recordings.
Search: On Demand networks added to channel collections.

in zip 71115 the HBO channel collection has been removed it seems. the ondemand hbo has its own entry. just one network issue?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

call 877-896-8678 and let them check out your entitlements on that main DVR.

Sorry for the cross post. Thanks for the help. I finally decided to reboot the DVR to see if it would resolve before calling and fair enough it did not fix the issue.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

@alexandrepsf2 wrote:

Alex

==============

The good news is that Comcast has a help page called 'find and troubleshoot error code' http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/common-x1-error-codes where you type in the error code and the error message and its supposed to give you information. The bad news is that it won't allow you to type the code or the message in the box. I got on chat and told them and the agent immediately wanted my serial number, blah blah blah so the could reset the server or send out a tech. OMG! I just wanted to know what the code meant.No matter how I tried to explain that I just wanted to know what the code and message really mean the agent insisted on getting all my box info and I decided to stop the chat. The code I was looking for has to do with programs not going away once deleted. I told her that this was a widely discussed issue on the forum and NOT my box but we went round and round. My goodness I just wanted to know why I could not type in the code on the webpage

Expert

• 

18K Messages

8 years ago

@TerriB wrote:

The good news is that Comcast has a help page called 'find and troubleshoot error code' http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/common-x1-error-codes where you type in the error code and the error message and its supposed to give you information. The bad news is that it won't allow you to type the code or the message in the box. I got on chat and told them and the agent immediately wanted my serial number, blah blah blah so the could reset the server or send out a tech. OMG! I just wanted to know what the code meant.No matter how I tried to explain that I just wanted to know what the code and message really mean the agent insisted on getting all my box info and I decided to stop the chat. The code I was looking for has to do with programs not going away once deleted. I told her that this was a widely discussed issue on the forum and NOT my box but we went round and round. My goodness I just wanted to know why I could not type in the code on the webpage

XRE-03095 can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-error-code-xre-03095/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

8 years ago

@geek46 wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

XRE-03095 can be found here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-error-code-xre-03095/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Thanks, but the link above has NO help in it. A link that takes back to this forum and one other that asks you to contact the support. Just to reiterate, the issue was resolved on my side by rebooting the box.

In my young week of utilization of Comcast I have encountered few issues, and everytime a reboot resolved it. Seems that the software needs some stabilization work.

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

8 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

1.61.04 2/17/2016 and fw 2.2p7s1 on mx011an

new problem not seen before. 

an episode recorded during prime time and was interrupted (reboot due to 120 VAC dropping for a moment. the show continued recording about 5 minuts later as is normal and was in two segments. When I watched to the approx 3 minute point, not one but 2 windows popped up at same time, the first was the 'would you like to see the next segment (yes/no) and instantly 'you appear to have finished watching this recording would you like to delete it". I had two episodes at the time, and after answering 'no' i then got the would you like to see the next episode (yes/no). by the time I answered that 2nd popup, the timer for the 'next segment' had expired. So I tried again got same messages. I then marked it as unwatched still same problem. I had to really work to answer the questions quickly before the next segment view disappeared. 

help!

Hi Rustyben,

Would you happen to have the name of the program and the day on which it recorded?

Thanks!

Gwen

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

8 years ago

Was out of town for a couple days, I assume there was a new update while I was gone, because I now have...

Another new bug - After watching an episode where I have multiple episodes recorded on the DVR, at the end when the system asks if I want to watch the next episode and I select yes, it hangs.  Nothing happens and no inputs of any kind will cause anything to happen.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here