CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I switched to X1 boxes about 11 months ago.  11 months of nothing but aggravation.  It was a huge mistake.  They turn off and "update" every night, a lot of times in the middle of your show. These boxes are terrible and cannot even compare to older silver or black HD boxes and DVRs.  The menus are even worse slow, the channel searches are very meticulous and I am going to see about switching back.  DO NOT switch to X1 platform.  Horrible.  

Then on top of everything comcast now wants to reduce our internet access like we are on cell phone services and charge per gig.  If this is not greed I dont know what is.  

Oh, and by the way I have been a comcast customer for over 30 years, not to mention in case they dont inform you, speeds are not guaranteed on their own rented equipment of wireless services for your home.  They only guarantee "wired" speed.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

@hschneider wrote:

I switched to X1 boxes about 11 months ago.  11 months of nothing but aggravation.  It was a huge mistake.  They turn off and "update" every night, a lot of times in the middle of your show. These boxes are terrible and cannot even compare to older silver or black HD boxes and DVRs.  The menus are even worse slow, the channel searches are very meticulous and I am going to see about switching back.  DO NOT switch to X1 platform.  Horrible.  

Then on top of everything comcast now wants to reduce our internet access like we are on cell phone services and charge per gig.  If this is not greed I dont know what is.  

Oh, and by the way I have been a comcast customer for over 30 years, not to mention in case they dont inform you, speeds are not guaranteed on their own rented equipment of wireless services for your home.  They only guarantee "wired" speed.

welcome to jell, with an h

i just spent that last 3 hours fighting the x1 platform and dvr trying to watch monday night football that i recorded, to no avail...

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

Started watching MNF recording, took a break after 20 min., went back, but of course resume started the recording over.  FF to the correct point, start watching again, take another break, resume, actually started at the correct point.  Took another break, about an hour and a half in now, resumed, started at the beginning again, more fun fast forwarding.

Not much time left, Ravens with the ball, 4th and 1, and boom, there was an interruption in your recording, would you like to watch the next part, hit Yes, DVR with 3 flashing dots, nothing.

Exit, move around a bit, go back to dvr to try again, and of course it starts from the beginning.

FF through over 3 hours of content, slow to play, wait for the interrruption, hit Yes nothing.

Call support, and of course they walk me through that exact process again while on the phone, as if something different is going to happen.

Bottom line, I have Comcast only because it has a monopoly.

Anyone know what happened at the end of the game????

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

Just "resumed" another show, it started at the beginning instead of where I left off.

I can also confirm that I still have the FF instead of slow after pause, bug.

1.57.07 10/11

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey tctc,

Please post a screen shot of your signal levels.

Is it possible to access those remotely?  Through xtv or xfinitytv somewhere?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

I want to be able to filter the guide to ONLY CHANNELS AVAILBLE IN MY PACKAGE.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@chrisp9446 wrote:

Have frequent issues with our X1 setup. Will be watching TV, then for long stretches can't change the channel or do anything. The remotes work because the boxes are lighting up and I can get into diagnostics mode, but the box won't respond for normal commands. I know it has to go to the server and back, but not sure what the issue is. Techs have been out twice and "fixed" the issue with new splitter/amp and "tightening the outside connection."

Downstream power 7.6dBmV

Downstream snr 40.2 tenth dB

Upstream power 40.0 tenth dBmV

All your numbers look like they are in the accepted ranges (listed below). 

I lost ability to pause for 4 minutes or so this afternoon while playing a recording, and when it started working again, checked 'about' menu and found I had a new version 1.58.03 dated 10/28/2015. I wonder if getting that change live caused the few minute long ignore of commands.

Upstream Transmit Power Level: 25 to 53 dBmV.
Downstream Receive Power Level: -8 to 10 dBmV.
Upstream Receive Power Level: -2 to 2 dBmV (technically should be as close to zero as possible)
Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): minimum of 35 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Individual Modem: minimum of 31 dB.
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) Channel Average: minimum of 31 dB.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Have frequent issues with our X1 setup. Will be watching TV, then for long stretches can't change the channel or do anything. The remotes work because the boxes are lighting up and I can get into diagnostics mode, but the box won't respond for normal commands. I know it has to go to the server and back, but not sure what the issue is. Techs have been out twice and "fixed" the issue with new splitter/amp and "tightening the outside connection."

Downstream power 7.6dBmV

Downstream snr 40.2 tenth dB

Upstream power 40.0 tenth dBmV

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

9 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

1.58.03 10/27/2015  fw mx011an 2.1p8s1

this version xre did not fix the deleted DVR program (hit the D button then OK at end of viewing program). It appears that the deletion does not update now until recordings menu is exited and reentered some time later. 

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey tctc,

@tctc wrote:

Started watching MNF recording, took a break after 20 min., went back, but of course resume started the recording over.  FF to the correct point, start watching again, take another break, resume, actually started at the correct point.  Took another break, about an hour and a half in now, resumed, started at the beginning again, more fun fast forwarding.

Not much time left, Ravens with the ball, 4th and 1, and boom, there was an interruption in your recording, would you like to watch the next part, hit Yes, DVR with 3 flashing dots, nothing.

Exit, move around a bit, go back to dvr to try again, and of course it starts from the beginning.

FF through over 3 hours of content, slow to play, wait for the interrruption, hit Yes nothing.

Call support, and of course they walk me through that exact process again while on the phone, as if something different is going to happen.

IMG_40882.jpg

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

9 years ago

@hschneider wrote:

What can you tell me about Comcast  reducing internet access and charging? I have never even thought about being charged based on usage. I don't have a clue how much I am using in an hour,etc. This is very upsetting news. I pay for ' Blast' level internet  in my Triple Play so when did this new twist come up? Guess I better call them before this shows up on my bill. Are they going to give a heads up and tell us how to tell how much we use on average before they stick it to us?

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

9 years ago

Comcast only has data usage trials in a select number of markets right now.  See this link, Questions & Answers About Our Data Usage Plan Trials, to answer all your questions.

@TerriB wrote:
What can you tell me about Comcast  reducing internet access and charging? I have never even thought about being charged based on usage. I don't have a clue how much I am using in an hour,etc. This is very upsetting news. I pay for ' Blast' level internet  in my Triple Play so when did this new twist come up? Guess I better call them before this shows up on my bill. Are they going to give a heads up and tell us how to tell how much we use on average before they stick it to us?

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

9 years ago

IMG_40882.jpg

@tctc wrote:

@RickGr4 wrote:

Hey tctc,

@tctc wrote:

IMG_40882.jpg

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, mine has been extended longer than an upgrade would take. It seems most common in the evening ~6p-10p (peak times), so I am wondering if there is an issue with a local server that the box has to talk to?

Expert

• 

18K Messages

9 years ago

Off Topic Post Removed. Please discuss Modem Speeds in the 2 Forums provided for this.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here