CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Comcast, please help.  Phone system keeps disconnecting me.  You should already have a ticket in your system for my (A) issue below.

Background:  New X1 professionally installed Nov 1st.   Main box plus 3 "slave" boxes.  Was an upgrade.  Got the uber triple-play package.

A -- Next day, we realized not getting all subscription channels. Phoned, confirmed, and agent had to log a next-level ticket.  Claimed resolution by Tues or Wed.  No further contact since.  Still unable to receive Showtime and Cinemax. Perhaps other channels missing too.  I don't know.

B -- Almost always, when trying to access recordings via "slave" boxes, we're told either:  there are none, or, upon choosing one, it says it can't access the main box and to check my connections.

C -- Started watching a recording on main box.  5 minutes in, it started over all by itself.

D -- Using Page-up/Page-down on guide.... Jumps back to current channel after a few pages.  But of course, not always.  That would be too easy.  🙂

E -- Upon logging into xfinity.com support, my main page tells me:  "Your Self-Install Kit will arrive between: JAN 12 - JAN 14."  Huh? Really?

Anyway, I'm seeing chatter on the boards here re noise and amps and such.  Installer checked all my lines and signals and such, but perhaps not very well?

Can I get a check and a service call if necessary?  I've tried phoning to no avail.  System keeps hanging up on me.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@scottslash wrote:

Oh, and please don't tell me to reset my boxes.  There's already a circle indented in my fingertip at this point...

I will not tell you that! I will ask you what city you are in. This help me a bit!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Am located in Monroe, LA.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

10 years ago

Comcast, please help. Phone system keeps disconnecting me. You should already have a ticket in your system for my (A) issue below.

Background: New X1 professionally installed Nov 1st. Main box plus 3 "slave" boxes. Was an upgrade. Got the uber triple-play package.

A -- Next day, we realized not getting all subscription channels. Phoned, confirmed, and agent had to log a next-level ticket. Claimed resolution by Tues or Wed. No further contact since. Still unable to receive Showtime and Cinemax. Perhaps other channels missing too. I don't know.

B -- Almost always, when trying to access recordings via "slave" boxes, we're told either: there are none, or, upon choosing one, it says it can't access the main box and to check my connections.

C -- Started watching a recording on main box. 5 minutes in, it started over all by itself.

D -- Using Page-up/Page-down on guide.... Jumps back to current channel after a few pages. But of course, not always. That would be too easy. 🙂

E -- Upon logging into xfinity.com support, my main page tells me: "Your Self-Install Kit will arrive between: JAN 12 - JAN 14." Huh? Really?

Anyway, I'm seeing chatter on the boards here re noise and amps and such. Installer checked all my lines and signals and such, but perhaps not very well?

Can I get a check and a service call if necessary? I've tried phoning to no avail. System keeps hanging up on me.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Scott, check your private messages.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

We had Comcast service for 30+ years on the East Coast and NEVER had an issue with it.  Loved it.  Moved to Napa CA and we are making up for all the problems we never had back East.

Shortly after moving here, we had to move into a temp. apt. due to the earthquake as the home we were moving to was condemned.  Got settled in the temp home and had Comcast internet, phone, and cable TV installed there on 9/20 by a comcast tech.  Were able to  move into a more permanent apt. on 10/9 - techs came out and re-installed all of the services and I can pretty much count on one hand and have fingers left over the number of days that we have had all 3 services function.  We have had numerous tickets, numerous re-initializing of boxes, have had techs out several times, had all of the boxes and modem switched out (after they switched out all of the cables)...  it's been one major problem after another, and with many days of no service of one or more of the features we are paying for.

For the past 4 days, internet has been spotty... slow when it does work, and drops me frequently.  If I disconnect from my network and re-connect, it will usually work for 1/2-1 hour at most and then I am dropped again. Often, I get dropped every 3-10 minutes for a couple of hours. This affects two different computers equally.... and we've tried rebooting, turning off and restarting....  it's really a problem.

Today, the companion box for our second  TV is not working properly. When you turn it on, you get the bar across the bottom that shows the time and how far into the program you are, and the channel logo, but the screen then turns black, no sound, no video.  However, if you go to Xfinity and access the DVR recordings, they play just fine.

We did all of the usual trouble shooting stuff - checked connections, unplugged and replugged, etc.  Nothing worked. Called to get the signal refreshed...  the tech wanted to walk me through the unplugginhg stuff again..... said been there done that, please just give us a refresh signal.  She tells me that they are not able to refresh signals or re-initialize boxes because their system is down!

Is there anything else I can do?  I thought there was a code I could enter on the remote to refresh... perhaps I am totally mistaken? And is there anything I can do to get the internet more reliable.  We have another brand new computer on our network and that one is having the same issues... so it's not just my computer.

Thanks for any guidance.

Cathy - American Canyon (Napa County) California

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Cathy  and Steve

We have been going through the same drama with comcast. The only answer is fix a couple of bloody Mary's, Champagian, wine or bourbon and stay on the phone with those people in "ABAADADO" or where ever they are at and be prepared to listen to the lies and promise.

We had our X1 boxes installed one week ago and have gone through the trouble and heart ace that everyone else has using X1 systems.  Just Saturday the Xfinity/Comcast rep came to our home and spent 3 hours changing boxes, taking to his support staff and replacing line connections outside the house.  Everything was fine when he left and we were perfectly happy.  Yesterday it all started back up again.  No sound, or no picture, unable to move from ch. to ch., no control from the remote.  When I called Comcast and finaly got a real person, although it was hard to understand them, as I don't speak "ABADABDO", they told me their systems were down and they were unable to do anything to help our problem.  I believe that is the latest answer that they have been directed to give the thousands of complaining customers.  We are on our owne and the only thing we are able to do is re-boot 3 -4 times a day. " HOW COULD THEY HAVE ROLED OUT SOMETHING THAT IS SO INCREDIBALY FLAWED TO A LOYAL CUTOMER BASE".  Mr. ROBERTS (ceo of comcast) get of of your duff and get this mess that you allowed to happen, resolved or resign.  I'm sure you might beable to get a job at TOCO BELL.

Robert - Charleston, SC 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I don't understand why you except the poor customer service, poor installation and all the heart ache from Comcast when you are paying your hard earned money to them. Go else where asap.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

The atual coception of the X1 product is good and what they expected it to do is good as well if they can get the bugs out of it asap.  When it's working it is better than anything out there it just comes down to if you have the patience to wait until can figure out what they (comcast) are doing and how to fix all the many problems.  It has memories of Obhama Care roll out.

All the best,

Robert- Charleston, SC

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I had the tech come out and look at my installation.. the line outside my house was weather worn and he replaced it and replaced my double splitters with one four way splitter. I have been for the most part problem free now. Still an issue with wifi but it is from too many devices connecting to the router. Thanks for the help.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I haven't had cable since you guys installed my x1 equipment last Tuesday. Still no solution in sight. No one can initialize my equipment. I've been on the phone for 18 plus hours and two techs have been here. No one has any answers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

We have a rare, but not unique configuration with two DVRs.  Previously, recorded shows appeared on a merged list with no indication as to which box it was recorded on, but each box maintained its own separate recording schedule and series priority list.  Last week, Comcast uploaded new software that merges the recording schedule.  I cannot figure out what they are doing.  Shows that were scheduled on box 2 are being recorded on box 1.  There's no way to tell which box a particular show is being recorded on nor the algorithm for how it decides where to record it.  The preference selection of "Default DVR" that determined what box you were controlling is no longer available.  We had some cases where we recorded a show on both DVRs since the fast forward and other controls are much more responsive when you are watching the box where the recording resides rather than from the other box.

We also used the separate recording schedules to ensure that neither box filled up before the other.

If the new software is actually balancing the storage and recording based on which box is emptier, I guess that's OK, but there's NO information as to what the system is doing.  I tried some tests.  I hit the record button on the remote during a show and it was recorded on that box - good.  I clicked the record button a show from the guide and it was recorded on that box - also good.  I had a series that had been previously recording on box 2 and it was recorded on box 2 the first week, but was then recorded on box 1 the second week - what!!!  We had a series that was recorded on both boxes and now it is only recorded once, but I don't know where it will go.

Is there a manual or other explanation for this new "helfpul" functionality or some way to control what it is doing?

Thanks,

Stan

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

@raybot29 wrote:

We have a rare, but not unique configuration with two DVRs.  Previously, recorded shows appeared on a merged list with no indication as to which box it was recorded on, but each box maintained its own separate recording schedule and series priority list.  Last week, Comcast uploaded new software that merges the recording schedule.  I cannot figure out what they are doing.  Shows that were scheduled on box 2 are being recorded on box 1.  There's no way to tell which box a particular show is being recorded on nor the algorithm for how it decides where to record it.  The preference selection of "Default DVR" that determined what box you were controlling is no longer available.  We had some cases where we recorded a show on both DVRs since the fast forward and other controls are much more responsive when you are watching the box where the recording resides rather than from the other box.

We also used the separate recording schedules to ensure that neither box filled up before the other.

If the new software is actually balancing the storage and recording based on which box is emptier, I guess that's OK, but there's NO information as to what the system is doing.  I tried some tests.  I hit the record button on the remote during a show and it was recorded on that box - good.  I clicked the record button a show from the guide and it was recorded on that box - also good.  I had a series that had been previously recording on box 2 and it was recorded on box 2 the first week, but was then recorded on box 1 the second week - what!!!  We had a series that was recorded on both boxes and now it is only recorded once, but I don't know where it will go.

Is there a manual or other explanation for this new "helfpul" functionality or some way to control what it is doing?

Thanks,

Stan

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/whole-home-scheduling-for-multiple-DVRs/td-p/2360633

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Just gotten installment at my home and now there's connectivity issues with both tv and internet the tech said he forgotten to put on the filter went outside unconnected our connection and now nothing works

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Rdk 03004

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have had X1 now for a few weeks on two televisions in my home.  One of the tv's works fine.  On the other one, which is the main one in my home, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT OF THE TIME, when I turn on the television, it tunes into the channel it was on when I last watched it.  Then, when I try to change the channel, I get the error message that says it is unavailable and instructs me to navigate back to the channel I came from.  Then, when I attempt to do that, it says it is unavailable.

Can I tell you how EXTREMELY frustrated I am?  Like, I want to throw my Comcast box through the window and stomp on it.  But that's only part of it.  EVERY time I try to call Comcast, not only can I not get a person on the phone, I DON'T EVEN GET A PHONE MENU TO CHOOSE SOME OPTIONS.

What the heck is going on over at Comcast???

I pay for my service every month, and I understand technical issues arise, but if there is no avenue to get some assistance, what is a customer to do, other than go on facebook and tell EVERYONE I know to AVOID Comcast at all costs.

Can someone please help me here???

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here