CCGwen's profile

Contributor

 • 

235 Messages

Mon, Oct 6, 2014 2:00 PM

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

 

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

 

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

CCBrandon

Problem Solver

 • 

1.3K Messages

7 y ago


@jmartinelli13 wrote:

No service since 3 pm yesterday afternoon.    Unplug, replug, xfinity logo, then "this may take a few minutes".   Then blank screen.


Once the box reboots and you are faced with a black screen, you must initilize the handshake between your cable box and the cloud.  Do this by hitting Xfinity button.

 

If black screen, press Xfinity or Guide button.

CCBrandon

Problem Solver

 • 

1.3K Messages

7 y ago


@Shayz2061 wrote:

 

I see nothing but a blank tv screen there is no signal going through to the tv-I even changed the hdmi cable and no change


all is well have signal


I'm glad signal is back up.  Did it come back on its own? If not, share with us what you did so other community members can benefit !

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks, Tech came out this afternoon and replaced our box.  

Regular Visitor

 • 

2 Messages

7 y ago

For the past month I had to reset the set top box about once every three days.  This past week I had to completely power down the set top box to get it working.  The last two days I have to power down severalo times.  It becomes a real pain when there is a message on the screen telling you to reset and you can't watch TV.  Sometimes the box does not resond to the remote and other times the remote is going wild.  For example I pushed the number 9 and twenty nines came up.  I would try to advance the guide menu to the next page and it jumps forward and backwards. 

 

What is going on??????????????

Frequent Visitor

 • 

7 Messages

7 y ago

Johnny 8:

We just had three X1 boxes installed this past Tuesday and an hour after the tec left problems began with all three boxes and our telephone and computer.  The computer came back up after a few hours and the phone took all day and many hours on the cell phone with comcast to get phone service restored.  We have and still are experiencing the same problems you are with the X1 boxes.  We have learned how to temp. fix them but at any time they act up again.  The newest problem we have is like you are having when you go to guide and start scrolling up or down you can get 3 or 4 pages down and the thing will automaticaly send you back to were you just started from.  Comcast Tec is scheduled for this morning (8 to 10 window).  My wife and I have side bets on how much they will miss the 10:00am window.  I wish I had been informed by comcast, when we bundeled our services with them , about the major X1 problems they have been having all over the country for many months and particularly in the past few weeks.  One of the worst parts is no matter what time of night or day you call just plan on an hour or more wait and the very likely possibility that you would get diconnected once you began speaking to a live person in some part of the world and even though promised "THEY NEVER CALL BACK".  Good Luck.  Mr. Roberts (CEO of Comcast) needes to get this problem under control or that sucking sound he will be hearing is the sound of  all of his customers exiting.

Robert, Charleston,SC 

gotpizza

Problem Solver

 • 

2.8K Messages

7 y ago


@RobertCM wrote:

Johnny 8:

We just had three X1 boxes installed this past Tuesday and an hour after the tec left problems began with all three boxes and our telephone and computer.  The computer came back up after a few hours and the phone took all day and many hours on the cell phone with comcast to get phone service restored.  We have and still are experiencing the same problems you are with the X1 boxes.  We have learned how to temp. fix them but at any time they act up again.  The newest problem we have is like you are having when you go to guide and start scrolling up or down you can get 3 or 4 pages down and the thing will automaticaly send you back to were you just started from.  Comcast Tec is scheduled for this morning (8 to 10 window).  My wife and I have side bets on how much they will miss the 10:00am window.  I wish I had been informed by comcast, when we bundeled our services with them , about the major X1 problems they have been having all over the country for many months and particularly in the past few weeks.  One of the worst parts is no matter what time of night or day you call just plan on an hour or more wait and the very likely possibility that you would get diconnected once you began speaking to a live person in some part of the world and even though promised "THEY NEVER CALL BACK".  Good Luck.  Mr. Roberts (CEO of Comcast) needes to get this problem under control or that sucking sound he will be hearing is the sound of  all of his customers exiting.

Robert, Charleston,SC 


I think what you are having now is not due to the outage. I would see that the tech is looking really close at the upstream/downstream SNR levels and also the up/down signal level on the DOCSIS side of the signal. I think that the server is getting repeat (ghost) commands from the box. Some of the techs have a way to see all the files going back and fourth between the server and box.

 

I know that this all sounds greek, But sometimes when you are armed with a bit of info it can persuade the tech to go further. 

Frequent Visitor

 • 

8 Messages

7 y ago

My screen is a lovely shade of burgundy with the not-so-lovely message "We're having trouble connecting the the X1 Platform. This may be temporary so please check back shortly to try again.RDK-03031"

 

Funny it says "may" be temporary because it's feeling pretty permanent. Lately, I'm surprised if I have service, not if I don't. 

 

I have rebooted, as I have had to do many, many times (without success all those times and today) over the last few weeks, and because of illness and disability that is actually difficult for me. 

 

In looking for help, I've seen various apologists suggest I should just enjoy the time with my family or read a book, and while I love doing both, I am paying for this service and at the moment due to serious illness, it's hard to do more than just lie here and watch TV,  which I can't do and rarely can these days thanks to Comcast X1. Typing this message took a ridiculously long time (so long I got logged out the first time, thanks).  

 

Is this an outage? A problem with my box? When might it be fixed?

Frequent Visitor

 • 

8 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks, gotpizza. I actually had done that (thanks to kind people like you, I had that link). It's apparently not an outage, so I am on hold with Comcast, which is actually progress since for the last few days, they were so busy calls wouldn't connect. So it looks like I should get some help or at least an update. Thanks, again! 

gotpizza

Problem Solver

 • 

2.8K Messages

7 y ago


@JD6852 wrote:

My screen is a lovely shade of burgundy with the not-so-lovely message "We're having trouble connecting the the X1 Platform. This may be temporary so please check back shortly to try again.RDK-03031"

 

Funny it says "may" be temporary because it's feeling pretty permanent. Lately, I'm surprised if I have service, not if I don't. 

 

I have rebooted, as I have had to do many, many times (without success all those times and today) over the last few weeks, and because of illness and disability that is actually difficult for me. 

 

In looking for help, I've seen various apologists suggest I should just enjoy the time with my family or read a book, and while I love doing both, I am paying for this service and at the moment due to serious illness, it's hard to do more than just lie here and watch TV,  which I can't do and rarely can these days thanks to Comcast X1. Typing this message took a ridiculously long time (so long I got logged out the first time, thanks).  

 

Is this an outage? A problem with my box? When might it be fixed?


I would take a look at this map to see if you are in one of the areas. If not you could be having other issues to connected to the outage.....

 

https://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/

Frequent Visitor

 • 

7 Messages

7 y ago

Good Afternoon from Charleston:

I like everone else has been singing the X1 Blues and frustrated with the service from comcast but I had a refreshing experience this morning with my scheduled appointment with the comcast Tec.  The time window was 8-10AM and he was here at 8:20.  Very plesant young man who was an actual Comcast/Exfinety employee.  He did a quick walk through and within 5 minutes he discovered a lot of issues left by the comcast sub-contractor who came this past Tuesday to install my new X1 systems , phone service and internet.  We have been experiencing serious outages on all services. The phone was down becasuse it was never connected to the modem by the first  tec. Tuesday. The internet resolved itself before we got to it.  The major problem was the comcast subcontractor Tuesday was to install 3 new X1 Boxes of which 1  would include DVR capabilities.  He installed three boxes but all 3 boxes were regular slave boxes and none had DVR .  The comcast tec today discovered that early and changed out one box with one that had DVR but then there was a major problem with the 3 boes were out of sinc with how comcast had them identified which would not allow the boxes to operate properly or at all.  It took 2 1/2 hours of hard work between the tec here and his support people over the phone before they got it operational.  The young tec was extremely nice and informative and went through all the systems with my wife and I until we were comfortable.  As a 40 plus year business owner and contractor it always the same.  If you send the right peope the first time to do a job it makes for much fewer problems.  My hat is off to the young man who cleaned up this mess.  Just hope it stays working.

Robert - Charleston, SC

CCBrandon

Problem Solver

 • 

1.3K Messages

7 y ago


@Johnny_8 wrote:

Sometimes the box does not resond to the remote and other times the remote is going wild.  For example I pushed the number 9 and twenty nines came up.  I would try to advance the guide menu to the next page and it jumps forward and backwards. 

 

What is going on??????????????


I see you have some flux in your Upstream Receive power.  Id be curious to know how your system responds when this is corrected.  Let me know if you want me to help send a tech out.

 

Brandon

utleyyatm

Frequent Visitor

 • 

14 Messages

7 y ago

Day 7 of the outage. I think the website has told me they expected to have it resolved at about 20 different times. Spent some time last night on chat. Rep restarted my box. Wow. The one interesting thing is that my dvr manager on the website shows 5 boxes connected, the rep was showing four and when the truth is I have three. Boxes all show live tv and on demand works but still no dvr. The rep says I'll be getting a credit from Nov. 2 until whenever this is resolved but honestly, I don't believe anything I'm told by Comcast at this point.

Regular Visitor

 • 

3 Messages

7 y ago


Johnny_8 wrote:

Sometimes the box does not resond to the remote and other times the remote is going wild.  For example I pushed the number 9 and twenty nines came up.  I would try to advance the guide menu to the next page and it jumps forward and backwards. 

 

What is going on??????????????

 

 

---------------------------------------------

 

I have exactly the same problem. It can occur with any remote button -- press it once, and the system responds as if you've held the button down. It's especially noticeable on the Last or the Channel +/- buttons. Happens 3 or 4 times/day.

driveway2

Contributor

 • 

20 Messages

7 y ago

Our remote is possessed.  No matter where your hand is, when you hit the ffw, rwd, or exit buttons, a 2 or 3 comes up like you're trying to change the channel.  Makes no sense at all.

gotpizza

Problem Solver

 • 

2.8K Messages

7 y ago


@driveway2 wrote:

Our remote is possessed.  No matter where your hand is, when you hit the ffw, rwd, or exit buttons, a 2 or 3 comes up like you're trying to change the channel.  Makes no sense at all.


Buy Duct tape! It is Your friend.....

New to the Community?

Start Here