binaural2000
Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
1st Kudo

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Wed, Feb 24, 2021 6:00 AM

X1 dvr recording limit changes/problems?

I’m so confused about what is going on with my x1 this morning. I have 2 x1 dvr boxes, percentage full has consistently stayed around 22-25% full the last several months with around 130 recordings give or take. All of a sudden this morning, my system says 91% full. There is a new notice in my menu saying you are limited to 150 hours of recordings and do I want to upgrade for another $10 a month?
What is going on? Did this pop up out of nowhere for anyone? I don’t recall seeing any notices of major changes or anything. I already have 2 x1 dvrs, the official Comcast site says I should then already have the “300 hour limit” due to that. I’m so confused what is happening, why my system changed so drastically overnight, and why it is trying to get me to “upgrade” to something I should already be getting. Does anyone have any advice what I should do? Just thought I’d try posting here first as I am dreading having to call in for this if it’s a new issue that isn’t even known much yet or not.

Responses

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

This is not good business practice from Xfinity and you will lose a lot of customers, me being one. I cannot access any of my recordings unless I pay $10 additional per month? This is not the contract I previously signed. I'll be contacting Corporate Monday!

Official Employee

• 

48 Messages

Thank you for bringing this to our attention through our Forums page, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. I understand you have some concerns, regarding some recent DVR plan updates we've implemented, and I can completely appreciate the concern here. Rest assured; you're with the pros, and we will be happy to dive into this further for you!

Before we proceed, can you please click on the chat icon, in the upper, right hand corner of this screen? This should allow you to select "Xfinity Support", and should also bring up the option to send me a private message. When doing so, can you please provide me with your full name, and full address as well? Thank you in advance, and I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

-Tyler

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

I will just add that I have the exact same problem (DVR with 150 hours of physical storage, many recordings deleted without warning even though I was well under the limit, and a notice to upgrade my DVR service. I also posted on the Xfinity subreddit about this weeks ago and was told *by an Xfinity employee* that my DVR would not be affected and I would continue to have 150 hours available. This whole rollout has been garbage from the first email announcing it on down.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

OK so this has been going on since February and so far Xfinity has done nothing about it.  I have received countless emails from "executive support" and many phone calls telling me a ticket has been made out and sent to advanced repair technicians.  But no solution to date and no warning to customers back in February when DVR boxes were effected.  I have read all the responses for Comcast employees saying the DVR capacity indicator now indicates what is stored on the cloud but not on the DVR hard drive.  And that we still technically have room on the hard drive so we can record without fear of having recordings deleted.  This is clearly not true and I wonder if anything is truly being done about this...outside of the fact that Comcast wants us all to pay to upgrade our DVR capacity for another $10 per month.  Can anyone at Comcast be honest about what is going on here and if it will be resolved?  You now have 9 pages of forum complaints about this issue!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

An update to my post just above - an Xfinity rep got in touch with me via Reddit and after some back and forth, explained to me that when I signed a new contract in August of last year, somehow my local DVR box service (also $10 a month, but a different service than the Cloud DVR service being discussed in this thread; also different from the $7.50 TV box fee which does not come with DVR capability) was deleted from my package. The rep wasn't sure why this would have been done and it definitely wasn't explained to me at the time. To make it even more confusing, Xfinity continued providing me DVR box service in error for an additional 7 months before sending me an email that completely misrepresented the matter (you can read it in my Reddit thread linked in my post above). So ultimately the solution was me paying $10 more per month, just not in the way I expected.

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

14 d ago

So this {Edited for violating forum guidelines} policy that comcast all of sudden came up with. We had multiple movies/tv shows recorded over the years. We look today and there is NO recordings left. There aren't even any when I go into the xfinity stream. So I have no recordings anywhere even though I didn't delete them.  How is this possible that we have been xfinity customers for so long and no have to pay for something we got before. 

Even with that, people in this thread are saying that your recordings should still be available in the xfinity stream. Well it isn't. WE have 0 recordings. Tech support is no help. Can't get in contact with billing without having to through the stupid assistant..and even then I still cant' get to a live agent. Dish is starting to look way better.

FROM @ComcastAbbie  earlier in this thread:

@user_c8b21c I apologize for any confusion. The only thing that changed is that it now shows your cloud DVR percentage and not the physical storage on the box. You don't need to worry about recordings being deleted. I apologize for any frustration or confusion this has caused you. 

so then were are my recorded shows!!

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here