U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 1:28 AM

X1 DVR playback issues

My X1 DVR playback is either pixelated or stops part way through a program and errors out and returns to regular TV.  This happens multiple times per day.

XfinityGina

Official Employee

• 

323 Messages

1 m ago

Uh oh, @user_430c9e! I know DVR issues are really frustrating! Have you already done any basic troubleshooting? Our Reddit page has a really excellent checklist :) 

If you've already done some troubleshooting, can you please let us know what has been done? 

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and look forward to assisting you further! 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 m ago

I have tried to restart the box and checked all the cables - it continues to happen.

Official Employee

• 

350 Messages

Thank for getting back to us right away. I'm terribly sorry that this has become an issue. Can you do this for me, in this order? Unplug the coaxial cable from the primary receiver first, and then the power cable. Wait 60 seconds, then screw in the coaxial cable first (make sure the connection is finger tight), then the power cable. Once both are plugged in, allow the time to boot and let me know what happens. Sometimes quick steps like these, can fix issues such as this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

This did not work - I am still having the issue.  I am also experiencing a translucent black strip on the screen that goes away when I restart the box. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

Same here! The troubleshooting (shut down/reboot) does nothing to help. Are these DVR units faulty?

XfinityEva

Official Employee

• 

222 Messages

@user_430c9e Thank you so much for trying the steps above. Before the programming 'errors' out do you see any error message or code? If so what does it read? If not, we can help in replacing your box by checking out your signals and helping you decide on the most convenient way to swap your box if needed. To start please send us a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and service address to get started.

@relfstrand 

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues with your equipment. Are you also experiencing the pixelation or the black stripe on the screen? Can you tell us a little bit more about what is going on and what you have tried so far? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Well said. I am having the same issue. I have tried all the re-connection of cables. Restarted … its almost as if Internet connection is drops during dvr recordings and/or defect in dvr unit. Its not even worth it to watch a recorded show because you miss so much. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityEva  - What is the best way to contact XFinitySupport - I am having trouble- I would just like to have a new box sent to my house.

Official Employee

• 

189 Messages

I appreciate you sharing with me what you have already tried! Your efforts do not go unnoticed. Please send me a Peer to Peer message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I too am having the same issues with recordings playback. Pixelation,  freezing. It doesn't appear anywhere else. We are new to xfinity, just a week or so. It looks like the only issues are with the recording playbacks.

Official Employee

• 

190 Messages

Hello, @user_87b9c4! Thanks for connecting with us here! Welcome to the Xfinity family! I'm sorry for the trouble with the recorded playbacks. I'd like to take a closer look at the account. Can you please provide your name and address in a Direct Message? I look forward to the message. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

My Beta app on LG TV freezes every 45 seconds or so during playback. This has been going on for a while. So much so I just received new equipment. X1 cable box DVR and Modem. Still happening. Very very Frustrating. Please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

178 Messages

Hi, @user_691528! I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have this ongoing issue. Is the LG TV connected to the DVR that was recently replaced?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No. Beta app on LG TV playing recorded show . 

Official Employee

• 

198 Messages

@user_691528

I'd like to do some trouble shooting on my side to look deeper into this. To protect your privacy, could you please send me a direct message with your full name and address? To send a direct message, click the chat icon in the upper right, then click the pen/pad looking icon, and lastly Xfinity Support. Thank you. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Searched your name. Didn't come up 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 d ago

We are also having problems with some DVR recordings not playing properly.  It's intermittent - some recordings work just fine, others done the same day will not play. When you select the recording it just stays with a black screen.  If we fast forward at 3X or higher speed we eventually see the recorded picture...but it's frozen, it will not play from that point forward, nor can you rewind. We've tried doing a system reset, that has not solved the problem.

New to the Community?

Start Here